• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Evolution Method where slowpoke evolution is cancelled

JohnnyComotion

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    I've designed a new Pokémon that Shellder evolves into. However, it's evolution is based solely on Slowpoke evolving into Slowbro, but the evolution must be cancelled in order for Shellder to evolve into the new Pokémon.
    I already have a label defined for this, but no other data. I was wondering what would the code look like for such evolution method?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've designed a new Pokémon that Shellder evolves into. However, it's evolution is based solely on Slowpoke evolving into Slowbro, but the evolution must be cancelled in order for Shellder to evolve into the new Pokémon.
    I already have a label defined for this, but no other data. I was wondering what would the code look like for such evolution method?

Wow,that's a long way. I'm not going to give you the detailed code because I believe it's going to take time, but here is the idea.
    • You'll have to define a new constant in the module PBEvolution to refer to refer to that method of evolution.
    • Find the function that handles the evolution of Pokémon. It's the function:
      Code:
        def pbEvolution(cancancel=true)
      in the file PScreen_Evolution. Find the part that handles cancelation. You'll have to add a few lines setting a game switch to true if the evolutoin you canceled was that of Slowpoke into Slowbro, and set that switch to false otherwise.
    • In Pokemon_Evolution, define a new condition for evolution:
      Code:
      PBEvolution.register(:Level, {
        "shellderBis" => proc { |pkmn, parameter|
          next pkmn.level >= parameter && $game_switches[XXX]
        }
      })
      This tells the game that the special evolution of Shellder should happen only after a level defined in the PBS file, and if the switch you altered before is set to true.

I think it should do the trick.

Back