• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ew, what a waste of my precious time."

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Have you ever read a manga that you totally disliked. It was so boring that you just had to stop reading and ditch it? What is the worst Manga/comic you have ever read? Why?

(Manga in general.)

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Do you mean a Pokemon manga, or manga in general?
    If referring to Pokemon manga, then the new BW PokeSpe is good, but not as great as I hoped it would be. If you're referring to manga in general, you've got the wrong section.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Do you mean a Pokemon manga, or manga in general?
    If referring to Pokemon manga, then the new BW PokeSpe is good, but not as great as I hoped it would be. If you're referring to manga in general, you've got the wrong section.

I will edit the post, sorry for the confusion. :) I mean Mnaga in general. But Pokemon is fine, either way is fine I suppose.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yeah, 11eyes(well, that was the anime) and Girlsaurus.

11eyes was just bad, and Girlsaurus was disgusting. =/

Years
    Emmmmm probably Ouran High School Host Club. Loved the anime but just really didn't take to the manga, tried reading about five chapters then gave up.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    There was so many.. and lately is Toriko. Since I've been tried to read it, I just kept reading and hoping the story will grows and become better, but in the end I just get bored and ditch it.

But, for me not everything goes that way, there are also a lot of manga is better than I had expected after I tried to read it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I haven't read any manga that I've totally despised, but I feel like I've wasted time picking up several series that have been dropped after one or two volumes (a recent one would be Kasumi, dropped by the publisher after two volumes).

Usually I give manga volumes a quick look-through at Barnes & Noble/Borders before I commit to buying anything, so I haven't been stuck with really a bad one yet.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I haven't really came across a manga I totally hate, usually it's bearable because I thoroughly study it beforehand. Naruto is getting to be a bore for me tho, so it might be the first I'm going to drop.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Don't kill me, but the only manga I've put serious time into only to drop was Fairy Tail. Every arc had some kind of big buildup that suddenly fizzled out, and the resolution to everything always seemed to be NATSU JUST HAD TO HAVE MORE SPIRIT. His comeback victory against
    Spoiler:
    after pretty much being pummeled into dust repeatedly by him was just a facepalm moment for me and I quit a few chapters into the next arc.

Years
    I haven't really came across a manga I totally hate, usually it's bearable because I thoroughly study it beforehand. Naruto is getting to be a bore for me tho, so it might be the first I'm going to drop.

If it helps Naruto does pick up again, depends what volume/chapter you're up to but I'm quite far into it and still enjoying it.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Don't kill me, but the only manga I've put serious time into only to drop was Fairy Tail. Every arc had some kind of big buildup that suddenly fizzled out, and the resolution to everything always seemed to be NATSU JUST HAD TO HAVE MORE SPIRIT. His comeback victory against
    Spoiler:
    after pretty much being pummeled into dust repeatedly by him was just a facepalm moment for me and I quit a few chapters into the next arc.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu.

For me it's.... Maburaho. The anime was nice but the manga... It's just short stories with no plot going. I want my money back and I want my time back. ):<

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    I'm glad to say all the mangas I've read I at least liked.

O_o wut? The beginning of naruto shippuden might have been just a tiny bit boring but now I can't wait for every manga to come out! It's become a drug for me...:paranoid:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I've never really dropped a manga intentionally. I just decide I have no time for it, and stop reading.

But I've dropped SO MANY ANIMES. K-ON, Fairy Tail, Togainu no Chi (dat animation)... I also dropped TnC cause I knew what was going to happen. I called. Everything. Stupid TnC game, making the terrible anime adaption even less enjoyable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    If manhwa count, I nominate Half Prince. Worst part is that I genuinely liked the beginning but the quality started slipping until I stopped reading altogether.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    If anime count, Gintama.

I watched around 55 episodes, and I just don't get it. The series is boring (although, it's supposed to be funny. It isn't.), and has no real story. The only really 'serious' arc that I saw was not anything that really grabbed me. Aside from that serious arc it was all episodic episodes that I rarely found funny. It's hard to enjoy an series like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Shakugan no Shana. Stopped reading after the first volume mainly because of Shana's lack of coherence. Given the nature of her design and her initial demeanour I was expecting something more mature, vaguely like Gunslinger Girl with swords, but there we go... The artwork is good though; I've thought of continuing readership of it just for the fights, but its ongoing status (at least at the time) put me off, amongst other things — I like short stories.

Last edited:
    Back