• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Experiments [PG-13]

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake contemplated telling her about it, but decided not to. It didn't really make much sense anyways. Although the part about her being unable to go back to the Corp is something he should mention. When he thought about it, he figured it was actually best if she did know.

"Well..." Drake told her what Luphen said, focusing more on the part about her not going back to the Corp. He briefly mentioned the devices he saw a picture of as well.

He kissed her again, "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
    Aura smiled at him. "I know Drake. But you don't have to go out of your way to protect me, alright? You do what you have to do, and I'll be with you, no matter what."

She grabbed a hold of his hand and leaned forward to kiss him. "Just promise me you won't leave me."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake nodded. "I promise I won't leave you." He kissed her back. Drake was about to go on a do what he did best. Except these times around, he had the support of a fine fighter and helper on the field. He couldn't be sure what would happen, but with all he's been through, and his determination, he was sure they'd come out of this, however this turns out to be.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
    A vigilante? What was I thinking? Being a criminal is so much more fun!

The guy said this as he ran into an abandoned apartment building with a big bag full of money. He then got up to the rooftop and took out a bottle full of gasoline. He could see two guys in a car waiting outside his place.

Dammit. Won't these peasants ever learn?

"Over here morons!" he said as he lit the bottle. "Catch!"

He threw the bottle at them, but they ran away from it. WHen it exploded a big ball of fire was formed. Let's try something out... he thought as he moved his arm pointing towards the fire and then he moved the ball towards the two people. He chuckled as he saw them burn down. Then he floated over to their bodies. "Thanks for the ride." he said as he got in the car and then he drove off.

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura leaned against the door to the house, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "C'mon boss man! You've got a job to do, don't ya?" Aura called, smirking.

Since they had quite a bit to do today, she figured it'd be best if they went ahead and got started. She yawned and leaned back against the door frame. She looked down at herself. She hated that she still had to wear the stupid T-shirt and jeans, but until her other clothes dried, she was stuck this way.

"Drake!" she called, sighing. She didn't know what he was doing, but she knew he was taking too long.

(OOC: I skipped ahead a few hours. Figured that would be the best place to start today.)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake was finishing designing his plan for the upcoming battle. He had been planning how to go about taking them out all morning. Even now, he wasn't totally sure, but it went something like this: If he could take out Caresse first, he could fight one on one with the flame Experiment while Aura deal with Jeremy. It should work, given that Caresse doesn't retaliate beforehand.

Drake was startled a little as Aura yelled for him. He got up and proceeded to her. "Ready?" He asked. "Then let's get going. Tell me where they are. Are they still at the inn?"

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura closed her eyes, closing out all the sounds around her, listening for the three they would be going after momentarily. She could hear them, they were still where they had last seen them, but something was off. She furrowed her brows, trying to figure out exactly what was going on.

Aura crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at her realization. "Yeah, they're still there. Well most of them." she paused, "Fire kid ain't with them." she shook her head, "I don't know why, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake looked at her as she found out. "Well, this will make this much easier. All I have to deal with is that Caresse girl, leaving Jeremy..." He stopped talking. He preferred not to mention it to her, feeling it was unnecessary.

"I'll go after him later." He put a hand on her shoulder, and nodded to her. "Be ready. Be careful."

They proceeded to the inn.

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura held her arms behind her head as they walked, humming along to whatever song happened to be playing. She figured she probably shouldn't be so happy, considering what they were on their way to do. But she couldn't help it. She was notorious for pushing away feelings she didn't want to feel, so perhaps her mood was due to the fact that it was the only thing she let herself feel.

"I was in sixth grade when I found out I was dyslexic. Actually, Jeremy had figured it out. He had passed me a note in home room, and I spent about fifteen minutes trying to figure out what it said, and the teacher caught us." she laughed. "After that, Jeremy used to take me to random places around the city every day. He would always have this book with him, and I had to read so much of it before he let me go home. The book was a few levels above my reading skill, but he said 'Aura Kindle has never settled for average, this is no different.' Sometimes, we would be up half of the night trying to get me to read."

She stopped talking, suddenly wondering why she was saying this. Maybe it was because Jeremy was on her mind, so the memory just took control of its self. But she didn't know.

"Sorry." she said.

(OOC: sorry for taking so long, my computer shut down on me.)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake walked silently. He was relaxed a bit more because the flame Material wasn't there. This actually didn't seem like it was going to be difficult on the physical level, however, on the emotional level it may very well be. But in all honesty, Drake had wanted to kill the flame Material ever since he first met him.

Drake listened as she told him about Jeremy. Damn it, he thought. He didn't want to make it any more stressful than it had to be, but he found it harder to try and concentrate on the person he or she was supposed to kill if you talk about them. Drake knew, though, if she didn't go through with it, he would have to. He actually had a good feeling it would come to that.

"It's alright."

(OOC It's alright. :) )

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura smiled a little, reaching over to grab his hand. Despite how hard she tried to concentrate, her mind was too far away to really pay much attention. She couldn't focus on what they were going to do, or maybe it was that she wouldn't focus on it. Her thoughts were all jumbled and scattered about, and she couldn't keep her attention on one thing.

She sighed and leaned a little on Drake as they walked. She felt like she was slipping in and out, like she wasn't really there, like she was asleep. She knew she wasn't though, the pain in her head and chest reminded her of that. She took in a deep breath and tried to keep herself from slipping out again.

"Love you." she said quietly to Drake, not even positive she said it.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake would usually resist public signs of affection, as his enemies can use them against him, but he didn't do anything about it this time. He let her grab his hand and let her lean against him. He continued to observe his paper, trying to not pay much focus to it, until she spoke again. At this, Drake turned to her and kissed her on the forehead. He then went back to looking over his paper, deep in thought over the following battles to come. The hardest, both physically and emotionally for them would be Luphen, but second to that would be the flame Material. So basically, from here on out, it only gets tougher.

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura smiled briefly before she had to squeeze Drake's hand tighter. She felt herself slipping again, her hearing and sight becoming distant. Come on, just stay up a little longer. She pulled her free hand up to wipe at her eyes, trying to keep her eyes open.

The continued walking for a few minutes, and she felt herself only getting farther away. For a brief moment, she let her eyes close, and for a second, she blacked out. She opened her eyes again, and found she was sitting on the ground. She glanced up at Drake, looking confused.

"Um. . what just happened?" she asked, putting a hand to her throbbing head.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake observed his paper, and found what he thought was the perfect strategy for beating them. He was ready for whatever they would dish out. Then he noticed Aura began to fall, he quickly turned to her and caught her before she fell completely to the ground. He lay her on the ground and looked over at her, concerned. "Aura!" She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"You blacked out. Probably because your lack of sleep. Damn it. You can't fight like this." He picked her up and began carrying her back to the house. "I don't want any arguments from you. You are going to get some sleep."

He carried her back towards the house. When they got there, he opened the door, and stepped in, being careful with her head. He then went over to the couch and placed her there.

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura sighed and let her eyes close for a second. She let her eyes rest for a minute, then opened them again. Her head was killing her, and her eyes were still stinging. Once again, she felt useless.

"I'm sorry." she said, letting her head rest against the couch.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    "Don't be." Drake responded. He let her go there and sat down next to her. Hopefully, she would go to sleep without a problem. He took out his paper and observed it, then looked at her to see if she had fallen asleep. He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, then leaned on the wall, letting himself slide to the ground, and falling. He sat in silence, alternating between watching her and looking at his tattoo.

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura sighed and closed her eyes. For a few minutes everything seemed fine, there was just darkness, and she thought she might be able to sleep. As she felt herself slipping off into sleep, the familiar scene of that day flooded into her mind, ready to come into action as soon as she let up. She kept her eyes closed, letting the image come over her, and tried to over come it.

She could now see the familiar scene of the day she was attacked. She remembered being outside, reading, or at least trying to. Then some kid came up to her and kicked the book out of her hand. This had made her angry, and she yelled. Then the kid yelled back at her. Then she hit him, and a fight ensued. It seemed like she was going to win, like he would get the hint and leave her alone. Her memory drew a blank, and the dream skipped to the fire. She could feel the heat of the flames, and she could hear the sound of the fire rising. Then she felt the actual fire, the actual sensation of being burned.

Aura shot up, opening her eyes wide. She had her hand to her chest, and she was breathing heavily. She had let the dream go on farther than she had ever been comfortable going. She tried, and so far, it wasn't working.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake looked at her. She seemed to be struggling in her sleep. Is she having that dream again? Poor girl. He watched her for a while longer until she opened her eyes and sat up. "Same dream?" Drake asked, walking up to her before sitting down right next to her. He looked at her. He put away his paper and held her hand. "It must be difficult to deal with, having to experience those dreams constantly."

Fearless Love

Years
    Aura smiled a little, and wiped at her eyes, realizing she was crying again. She just sat there for a minute, evening her breathing. Then, she put her arms around Drake in a hug.

"Thank you." she said softly.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake held her, not speaking. This is a problem that he had to figure out how to deal with. He didn't want to see Aura suffer like this. However, he had no solution. He didn't know why she continued to have these dreams. It was unusual. In any case, Drake wouldn't give up on her.

"I don't know what it will take, but I'm sure we can find a way to stop these, someday, somehow." He looked at her. He tried to smile, hoping it might cheer her up.

Drake then decided to tell her something he had never told another person before. He took a deep breath.

"My best friend and guardian Travis and I once went out to enjoy some drinks after we had done a successful heist. We had stolen all of the belongings of a local gang in our area, and were out celebrating. They figured out where we were and came for us. Travis told me to leave while he distracted them, but I said I wouldn't. I told him I'd rather die fighting with him than leave him to die alone. Although I initially thought he agreed with me, he knocked me out and asked someone to carry me away. When I woke up a while later, I proceeded to where we were before...Travis was barely alive, on the floor. He didn't have long, and I tried to get him to a hospital. While riding there, he tried to tell me something, something important I think, but all I could get out of him was one word: Witness. I curse myself to this day that I can't figure out what he tried to tell me. He...was my best friend...my mentor...my brother. He taught me everything I know, and they took him from me. Soon afterward, I got this tattoo, as a reminder to myself of his memory, of his last words, and of the reason I fight, the reason I kill. To this day, I still think everyday about those words, and try to decipher their meaning, and to this day, I can come up with no good answer."

He inhaled and exhaled slowly. "It isn't fair that I had to live and he had to die."

Back