• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fairy Tail~ (OOC+SU)[T]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
When are we planning to do this event? Like, IC days lol. I was gonna do the guard my house quest for a decent bit of money but then I noticed it was over several days so I wasn't sure if it would be possible to do it with the upcoming event.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@Rezilia: I feel like you're being a bit unreasonable. Canon magic is just something to make it easier to manage. It would require a lot less effort for people to be limited to a large pool of magic, that already has limits and restraints, versus non-canon magic that may or may not be easily managed. Personally, I feel like this is the more far fetched complaint, seeing how there is such a large amount of magic to choose from. Another reason that creating your own magic is redundant or otherwise unwise is that they may already exist, such as your Weapon Breaker magic being a near copy of Nullification magic.

Black Arts are banned not only for their being over powered, but their generally villainous nature as well. I personally don't see the problem with Demon's Eye, but the fact that most types of Black Arts are unknown, other than Living and Death magic, it would be really hit or miss on using them.

As far as the you having to be in a guild, yes one person started out as not being in a guild, but if you read his history he clearly had intentions to join Fairy Tail. The primary reason people need to be in guilds is because only guilds are allowed to take jobs. Sabertooth could always use new members, if your interested.

No comment on the skills thing, other than they seem really weak. Perhaps that is why Chuckles said they are unnecessary. And for future reference, using negative or belittling wordage in a situation that isn't going your way is rude and unsightly.

Colony

Years
There's a rather large difference from the GM being the "Author" and the GM being the person to set some rather simple and fair rules, which is what Chuckles is trying to do here. Also, did you ask if you could use Terrain magic? Most people have been given various liberties when choosing their magic, and as long as you give a decent reason I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem in using it. Once again, it's clearly said canonically that only normal Guilds, which was also addressed earlier, are the only people able to do jobs. Another thing I find interesting is how you think AoT is so overpowered that it could beat anyone. Could you elaborate, please? I never said anything against you using stats, I just said your character seemed kinda weak. And no one here is saying you shouldn't join the RP, but you could be a bit more respectful to the members of the community.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I took the other posts out and sent them as PMs, because of rules - I didn't think it would turn into an arguefest, it did. Sorry about that. So, I'll calmly and quickly reply:

Arc of Time - cannot reverse people but can reverse magic, thus eliminating all forms of magic, even Black Arts, by constantly resetting them to nothingness until the user is out of magical energy.

"Normal Guilds" - since you already read my post, you know I said Love & Lucky informs my char of missions and is able to to pay her as a "representative" of the guild. L&L is a merchant guild. We know "magic guilds" aren't the ONLY guilds that can accept jobs, as Merc and TH guilds can as well. It makes sense that merchant guilds could, with their connections, get a hold of job info and accept it. After all, what matters is that the job gets done, not who does it, as long as it's done through guilds due to the legal nature of Ranked Jobs/Missions.

Colony

Years
I concede on the guild point, because when you put it that way, it makes sense. So yes, that's true.

Arc of Time doesn't work like that. This is a quote on how AoT works "This Magic revolves around the manipulation of the "time" of objects of non-living things and non-sentient living things, like a tree." I quoted this from the wiki. And before you attempt to use Gray's magic as a defense you should know why it works on that. Maker magic, with the exception of Memory Make, creates non-living and non-sentient living things, which by definition are vulnerable to Arc of Time. That doesn't sound like an invincible magic that you appear to think it is. Yes, it is strong when paired with other magic, but it is still possible to beat, unless you use Maker Magic.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Hmmmm... I guess the questions is then "WHAT is defined as an object?" If the spell itself is, then yes; if not, then you're right.

But then you have Arc of Embodiment, the Arc spell I had, which literally lets you create anything you can imagine. I could summon a Zeref doppleganger and IT could use the Black Arts.

^ Black Arts, just like everything else, has a weakness. That's just why I didn't like blocking spells just because of OP nature, since everything can be destroyed by atleast something.

It's also why I nerfed my char and her magics. Honestly, her skills, all combined, made her at about Grey's level at the start of the series. She just uses her abilities along with one another rather than separately.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I, for one, agree with Colony. Chuckle's requests were completely reasonable, and as GM, we need to support his rulings.

Also, I'll be posting when the next even begins.

OKay same thing with yellow gardevoir if anything pops up you can interact and whatnot.

When are we planning to do this event? Like, IC days lol. I was gonna do the guard my house quest for a decent bit of money but then I noticed it was over several days so I wasn't sure if it would be possible to do it with the upcoming event.

Okay as soon as everyone is done with their posts and ready to move on we will "goto sleep" then "wake up" and are requested to investigate something... I will not spoil anything since I might slightly change it and it could affect people in their planning. :|

- Arabian Dungeon
- Race to the bottom
- Genie guarding the magic lamp
- Everyone needs to work together
- ARABIAN THEME!

Colony

Years
I forgot to add this to my previous post, and honestly it would have made things easier. Magic has two definitions according to Fairy Tail. 1: Magic is the physical embodiment of the spirit. If we take this in to context spirit can be defined as both a type of consciousness/sentience and animating force, which implies sentience. 2: Magic is a source of power. Once again, power is a type of energy, and with a basic grasp of chemistry one would know that energy is not consistent of matter, and is thus not an object.

Arc of Embodiment is interesting in that you are correct, it could create a Zeref doppelganger, but even then it wouldn't have the knowledge or experience of Zeref, which would probably leave it unable to use Black Arts. Also, though it may seem at first that it could have the possibility to use Black Arts, it would be much more likely that it couldn't since the user would have to have prior knowledge to do so. I agree that it does have the possibility to be abused, but that in its own does not make it OP.

I'm not going to lie. I believe Chuckles may have used the wrong wording when addressing the use of Black Arts, but as I said before, the lack of knowledge mixed with the nature of Black Arts seems to be the primary reason for their exclusion. Only three Black Arts (Demon's Eye, Living, and Death) are known and of them only two (Living and Death) have had their abilities described effectively. That's not to say that Demon's Eye should be banned either, seeing how it's been allowed so far.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
I'm ready for the event now, I'm kinda eager to get it started :') Shado is just gonna be lazing about his house for now so he's ready for action

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yep it is fine. Also @Yamagi since everyone is eager to start the event wanna cut our fight short like say someone interrupts us or stops it and then it all goes rolling from there?

Back