• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fake pokemon games

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What kind of cartridge turns blue under the right kind of lighting?
    Besides, it's not under any kind of lighting that would cause it to turn blue. It's under the same type of lighting that the other cartridges have.

The Environment, Type of Camera, ect, all determine how a Picture turns out. It's most likely the Camera.

They aren't all from the exact same person, after all.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Gezz, why are people so adament about this stuff?

Can you prove that under a certain light or camera that the cartridge would turn blue?

Besides, the background of the picture looks pretty normal to me.

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
    Years
  • i got pkmn red blue yellow silver gold crystal sapphire and pimbal (red/blue)
    all of them original bought in the store, actually my red rom save as all the 151 pokemons :D

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Personally, I've always wanted to play Pokémon Jade for the laughs. I'm wondering if they still sell any on eBay (and if my mother will comply).

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I once saw a Chinese bootlegged version of Pokemon Crystal on youtube and nearly peed myself laughing at how bad it was. I later hunted down the rom and it was just as I expected. In fact it actually plays just like a regular crystal except that it is full of engrish. Am I the only one that played this? unfortunately, I have since lost it and am now trying to find it again.

Dark-Soul

Darkness...
    Years
  • I remember before a couple of years, I saw that my cousins had a GBC cassette that contained several fake Pokémon games. One was a Pokémon Gold, but when you open it you see that it's a very strange looking Japanese game. You start off your house, which is a tree trunk. Strange...

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
  • fake pokemon games
    the green version ones are just not the real one(or at least not in real cartridge) but there actually is a green version its the japanese blue version

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    the first one i ever saw was pokemon gold in a gba rom
    It would have been so nice mestered D:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • A couple years back, just after the release of Emerald, I went to Cyprus for a couple of weeks. I ended up wanting to buy Emerald since prices were relatively cheap over there, so I did. The game seemed perfectly legitimate, apart from it had the normal grey casing, not the transparent green one. It worked fine, until I completed the Pokemon League and my save file automatically deleted. It did that on three seperate occasions.

Since it was fake, I went and bought another one. Instead, inside the box, was a game called Pokemon Green Diamond. The manual inside showed that it was what appeared to be, a complete hack of Gold, Silver and Crystal (which I didn't know at the time, since i was young and fairly retarded). I ended up playing it and I didnt even get a hack of Gold, Silver nor Crystal, but a hack of a Mario game with Pikachu as the character, and various Pokemon as Goombas etc. I finished the game within 15 minutes (It had about 5 levels), and it even had built in cheats.

Let's just say, I was kinda pissed off.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I went to Turkey for fencing with my Team . One evening we were losin' time around the town , when we found a shop full of games . I was SURE they were fake but I really wanted Pearl . Also , there were a few Diamond games for DS that lookked totally weird w/ a Dialga colored like Palkia . He also had a few Shiny Gold copies as well as a copy of Naranja . I only bought the Pearl game and after 278 STRAIGHT HOURS OF PLAY , my Infernape's photo in Pokedex and my Infernape broke-and I couldn't use them ! Several days later I was home and I wanted to play and as I pressed continue the game froze ! I restarted it and.... NSO SAVE DATA >_< !!! In that second I close my laptop the TV anything that could REMIND ME of Pokemon !! Then 2 days later I decided it is time to start up the game , and the save data wasn't deleted <_> !! But Infernape's still down ! But now I have Pt and I have lost my Pearl ! EDIT : Also my mad mate which was crazy bot Diamond bought one and it was some sort of german Pearl hack , full of glitches ! LoL Dialga was actually a SHIFTRY with a catch rate far too high !

Oooops I was long !

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Well I bought one, lucky it was only like 5 dollars though, or I would be pretty damn annoyed.

Years
  • OOhh! games!
    Umm, I'd have to say Emerald. I loved the way Hoenn was and the little sprites. Plus the extra features like pokeblocks and so on and so forth. Although DP comes in a close 2nd.

DawsonPhan

Training Trainer
    Years
  • pokemon green

pokemon green is real but only in japan blue is aposed to replace pokemon green but firered and leafgreen dont go with the english ones red and blue the only thing different is green has different sprites than blue

Back