• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2008 Anime Season Discussion

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Clannad After Story and Tales of the Abyss are the only two current ones I'm following. Both are pretty good thus far, though so far the first Clannad is better IMO. Oh, and Luke has some serious character flaws (annoying and whiny being two of them). Good thing he's been getting pwned the last couple of episodes, mwahahaha...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The ones I would recommend.

In terms of action shows, there's Tsubasa Chronicles. I just started watching it myself and it's pretty good.

If you want something that's more light hearted and not too heavy on drama or politics, there's always Onegai My Melody, or Akazukin Cha Cha.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Gundam 00 Season 2 *huggles Setsuna and Prince Ali*^^
    I love To aru Majutsu Index too. I also started Shikabane Hime, skip Beat, Jigoku Shoujo Mitsugane,and Vampire Knight Guilty. I tried Toradora for awhile, but honestly, I am getting tired of Kugimiya Tsundere. Same reason why I quite Akane Iro after 3 episodes.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I'm still obsessed with Gundam 00 season 2!!! It just got INSANE!!! Although I feel like the super weapon thing has been done way too much lately in the Gundam series, but I guess they've kind of hit a wall with mobile suit combat.

Anyways, I actually have a huge question here because obviously you people are able to watch the current anime season, is was wondering who you like for fan subgroups. Menclave is the only site I really go to, and all they are focusing on at the moment is Gundam (which is awesome because they're one of the best fan sub groups out there), but I was wanting to branch out and find other animes to watch too. Any suggestions?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Clannad After Story and Tales of the Abyss are the only two current ones I'm following. Both are pretty good thus far, though so far the first Clannad is better IMO. Oh, and Luke has some serious character flaws (annoying and whiny being two of them). Good thing he's been getting pwned the last couple of episodes, mwahahaha...
    Well, Luke has a reason to be so whiny, at least. :P I have to admit, I kind of prefer arrogant!Luke over whiny!Luke but oh well. I remember I wanted him to get his comeuppance so hard during the first bit of the game and the same for the anime, even though I knew it was coming. XD;

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • um...are you talking for Gundam00 or in general?
    In general, I'm trying to expand my horizons and watch more anime than just 00, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good fansub group (because I don't see the point in watching a show if it's translated through google translator). I mean i guess this sort of belongs in the recommend an anime thread, but i'm not looking for an anime suggestion, but more of a group that does good work so I can look at what they have and decide for myself.

Back