• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Famitsu's 40 out of 40: Now you KNOW it's good?

The Red Chain

I had my opinions before i read that article.
    I meant it towards no one specific, just as a general statement.

Famitsu does seem a little suspicious with most of the 40/40 ratings being for games in the past 2 years. But it could also just mean that games are just getting better in the recent years. I can definitely tell from this point that B&W is gonna be really mind-blowing for the most part. So this only means Pokemon is getting better as well, and Famitsu thinks so too.

Now if only we can convince them to leave it at the 5th gen to avoid years and years of redundant thoughtless crap.

Gilgαmesh

I don't mean to kill anyone's enthusiasm, but does anyone remember the first days when D/P came out and everyone was psyched for it because it was another generation and then after a while after it coming out and of us playing it, we got really bored and some of us never touched it again? :(

Yeah...I'm hoping this isn't the case with B/W. xD;

Years
    I meant it towards no one specific, just as a general statement.

Famitsu does seem a little suspicious with most of the 40/40 ratings being for games in the past 2 years. But it could also just mean that games are just getting better in the recent years. I can definitely tell from this point that B&W is gonna be really mind-blowing for the most part. So this only means Pokemon is getting better as well, and Famitsu thinks so too.

Now if only we can convince them to leave it at the 5th gen to avoid years and years of redundant thoughtless crap.

Ill agree that some of the recent ones are a bit suspect, i.e, Nintendogs was innovative and creative as hell, but there wasnt much substance to the actual gameplay. aside from picking up dog crap on a daily basis. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nintendogs may be a good point, but try to relate the discussion back to B/W.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You know what I hope?

I don't mean to kill anyone's enthusiasm, but does anyone remember the first days when D/P came out and everyone was psyched for it because it was another generation and then after a while after it coming out and of us playing it, we got really bored and some of us never touched it again? :(

Yeah...I'm hoping this isn't the case with B/W. xD;

That's most of the reason I'm skeptical about B/W, the rest being about the mediocre designs of the pokemon and the gimmicky extras. Guess I'll have to wait until Spring 2011 before I can make any actual judgement.

Gilgαmesh

That's most of the reason I'm skeptical about B/W, the rest being about the mediocre designs of the pokemon and the gimmicky extras. Guess I'll have to wait until Spring 2011 before I can make any actual judgement.

Mediocre designs of the Pokemon that have been released so far(note that I am not talking about all of the Pokemon, just some of them that I just happen to dislike, possibly one or two). I'm hoping GF will come up and release some cooler designs so that would definitely change people's minds(in a positive way) towards B/W.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I don't listen to what reviewers have to say. I mean, it's good it got such an incredible score, but to be honest, I'm not going to let a review ruin my chances of gaming, not to say any of you would either. Anyways, I don't want to sound snobby, so let's just enjoy the last week we have until release.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    It's good to see that the games got that kind of score from reviewers, but...I'm going to wait to get the games and judge for myself. The best critic is going to be yourself. Whatever you do, don't let someone else decide for you. Can't wait, though! :D

Years
    I don't know... seeing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and NINTENDOGS on that list is pretty strange...lmao. SSBB was pretty much just an extremely overrated game. The game play isn't nearly as good as Melee, and it's only better character wise. And Nintendogs? .......... But I have high hopes for B/W. I'm sure it deserved this rating. But I bet once B/W comes to America, it won't get a perfect score. Americans just aren't as crazy about Pokemon as much as the Japanese. =/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    As I said before, B/W hasn't impressed me thus far, but when the games do come out here in America, I will have the perfect judge on whether the new features and innovations outweigh my perceived negatives. I call him my brother, and when it comes to Pokemon games, I trust his opinion more than any video game magazine, as it seems we share similar tastes in what we expect from a Pokemon game. And he'll buy both most likely. Once he plays through the game, I'll ask him if it's worth me buying a copy and go from there.

So I'm in the "I'm not impressed so far, but I'll wait and see" camp. I'm not terribly excited for them, but I'm willing to give them a chance if my brother finds them to be good games.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'm guessing they aren't including horrible pokemon designs because everything other than that is pretty good.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The pokemon designs are sexy. Just not the otters middle evo. Although wargle and the otter's final evo look like digimon.

Getting a 40/40 just makes me want it even more... *drools*

Back