• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famitsu's 'Special Pokémon announcement!' May 21st!

Years
  • Welp, the digital issue's out now and the only Pokemon related thing I'm seeing is an announcement of the title for an anime episode. There could be more and people just haven't got around to it sharing it yet, but at the very least there's nothing about a new main game because the internet would have exploded by now if it had anything about that.

Years
  • All this hype just for an anime episode announcement? What a huge disappointment.

But I do wonder if this means Game Freak might be going back to 4th Gen days and skip a year as far as main game releases go, so that next year we can get a very polished Kalos third version/sequel with hopefully less flaws than both XY and ORAS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is the anime episode announcement all it really is though? There's not some difference between the content in the digital version and the paper version? Because I don't see why they'd bother teasing some special reveal thing for just an anime episode. If you're gonna be like "hey something's gonna happen soon we'll reveal it on the 21st".....you think that they'd do that for something more.....significant.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Welp crisis averted, no new main Pokémon game will be out this year, which means we're back to having a 4-year lifespan, but that also means two more years of suffering through the anime, and Ash is already close to getting all eight badges.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Anything that involves no new main series pokémon game coming out this year is good. OR/AS felt rushed due to the series becoming annualised, and I think some DLC for that game should suffice for this year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Welp crisis averted, no new main Pokémon game will be out this year, which means we're back to having a 4-year lifespan, but that also means two more years of suffering through the anime, and Ash is already close to getting all eight badges.

There is still a chance we may get another game this year, if there is no announcement next month (like no announcement at E3) then I don't think we will get any this year.

Also for those saying they'll go back to Gen IV style releases remember that the last generation to have a gap in Jp was Gen V (Japan has gaps in every Gen except for perhaps II, and since we now have World Releases we will likely follow the Japanese one year gap per Generation trend). Oddly the International generations don't have many gaps.

Years
  • I think having no new main game release this year is a nice change of pace because as mentioned the annual releases have been overdone quite often lately, and that's caused most recent main games to get underappreciated due to them being labelled as "rushed".

But at the same time, it could mean the next main game (which I still believe might be XY third version/sequels) might be well-polished and would get well-received if decently good postgame content is going to be stuffed into it. Both XY and ORAS had flaws and I think annual release contributed to that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The anime wasn't the announcement, They have episode titles in every issue. It's probably something minor and not related to games as serebii said when it was first announced that they would announce something.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
    Years
  • My top 5 predictions are

1. X and Y sequel or Z

2. Pokken Tournament (world wide release)

3. Pokemon Stadium 3 (I hope)

4. Pokemon Snap 2 (I hope)

5. Gen 7

or it I'll go out on a limb and say Pokemon Conquest 2.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hmm; well, I hope something else aside from the "Pikachu XY anime special" comes up... If nothing comes up at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015/E3 2015 (which I'm kind of doubting, considering that the games from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and beyond have typically been announced well before the E3 convention), then I guess the Pokemon core series might actually be taking a break this year, although you never know. We'll see if "Pokemon Z" and/or "downloadable Pokemon Emerald/Hoenn Battle Frontier content" comes to fruition (although the latter would probably be bittersweet for me, since I feel that Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire should have been delayed by a year or so in order to polish it up in various aspects prior to retail release and avoid all of this 'DLC' crap).

Both XY and ORAS had flaws and I think annual release contributed to that.

The notion that both Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire have flaws (with the latter's being particularly more noticeable since it should have fixed several areas in which Pokemon X and Y faltered) somehow make it seem more likely that we actually might have a "enhanced Kalos + Emerald-ish Hoenn" hybrid game to "shake things up in the franchise", as weird as that hybrid seems to me..

Still, I'm kind of hoping to see whether Pokemon "DeltaEmerald" will actually exist, so I know whether to get Pokemon AlphaSapphire now or not (before it goes "out of stock due to a limited run" like Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver did).. As much as I love Hoenn, having a "paired version" and a "third version" of 3DS Hoenn-based games would feel kind of redundant for me..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Part of me was hoping this would be some groundbreaking news regarding new games, but it was expected for this to be another let down. However there is a Japanese Pokémon LINE Twitter account that is teasing something official, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the next few weeks holds leading up to E3.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There is still a chance we may get another game this year, if there is no announcement next month (like no announcement at E3) then I don't think we will get any this year.
    Well I said no main Pokémon game; I didn't rule out the possibility of another spin-off title to coincide with Pokken Tournament.

Also for those saying they'll go back to Gen IV style releases remember that the last generation to have a gap in Jp was Gen V (Japan has gaps in every Gen except for perhaps II, and since we now have World Releases we will likely follow the Japanese one year gap per Generation trend). Oddly the International generations don't have many gaps.
    ^ Pretty much this. Stop worrying about annual releases, people.

Years
  • Well it's not technically the 21st yet, unless I missed something.

And I don't really want to comment on the thought of them not doing an annual release this time...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Is the anime episode announcement all it really is though? There's not some difference between the content in the digital version and the paper version? Because I don't see why they'd bother teasing some special reveal thing for just an anime episode. If you're gonna be like "hey something's gonna happen soon we'll reveal it on the 21st".....you think that they'd do that for something more.....significant.
    It happens quite often actually. Someone hypes up some rumour or announcement of an announcement (this has happened multiple times with the Pokemon tv show in Japan for instance) only for the announcement to be of something minor like Pichu with something weird about its ear, or Pokemon events of non-legendaries, or anime info.
    Pendraflare said:
    Well it's not technically the 21st yet, unless I missed something.

And I don't really want to comment on the thought of them not doing an annual release this time...
    It is technically the 21st in many parts of the world, including Japan. =p Fatsimu already leaked/got released, and people have had info about other games such as FE. Looks like there was nothing about Pokemon of note in this one.

At any rate, if we get a game this year there's still plenty of time left for them to announce it. I feel that think they'd use something more worldwide like a Direct or E3 or even video to announce a main Pokemon game, personally.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • While I'd love to have more Pokémon this year, it may be a better idea for them to work on another game for at least a little bit longer and make it good. It would be nice to get a more fleshed out Kalos region in Pokémon "Z" and if that means no game this year, I'm okay with that.

Years
  • Well I said no main Pokémon game; I didn't rule out the possibility of another spin-off title to coincide with Pokken Tournament.

^ Pretty much this. Stop worrying about annual releases, people.

I was talking about main games (we already have got several spin-offs which means I was talking about the main games, which we have gotten none this year).

I do think we may see an announcement before year's end, perhaps with a release date in February for the 20th anniversary of the release of Pokemon Red and Green in Japan (right now if we get one this year the best time would be December so perhaps a release date on the day that RG were meant to be release before the delay).

@ Blue As for what they're teasing it could be the Pikachu game, or a Wii U version of Pokken Tournament.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years

Don't worry they'll invent a way for Ash to somehow go back to Hoenn and also shoehorn Zinnia in some capacity, even BW had the Decolore Islands.

Years
  • Don't worry they'll invent a way for Ash to somehow go back to Hoenn and also shoehorn Zinnia in some capacity, even BW had the Decolore Islands.
    They could also drag it like with DP (which didn't have Ash go back to Johto for the BF).

Anyways I hope that we see some Gen VII mons make early bird cameos.

Years
  • Hang on a second...That's today!

Well, now I'm hyped. Just please, please be something good </3

Spoiler:

Back