• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famous quotes/speeches.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm no idealist to believe firmly in the integrity of our courts and in the jury system - that is no ideal to me, it is a living, working reality. Gentlemen, a court is no better than each man of you sitting before me on this jury. A court is only as sound as its jury, and a jury is only as sound as the men who make it up.

Atticus Finch/Harper Lee.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

Socrates.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Walt Disney

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. - Tyler Durden, Fight club

Tonight, I've got all my little monsters in one place, and all the freaks are outside, and I've locked all the f***ing doors - Lady Gaga (At the Monster Ball Tour)

Means alot to me. You wouldn't understand unless you've been called a 'freak' and been treated badly or whatever because you're different. Lady Gaga gives me that place to go when I feel like a freak, y'know?

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore. - Lady Gaga

Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady Gaga

I just I felt like a freak, I guess what I'm trying to say is
    I want to liberate them, I want to free them of their fears and make them feel that they can create their own space in the world. - Lady Gaga

I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish. - Lady Gaga

I used to walk down the street like I was a f***ing star... I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be - and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth. - Lady Gaga

Sexuality is half poison and half liberation. What's the line? I don't have a line. - Lady Gaga

This is the Manifesto of Little Monster
    There is something heroic about the way my fans operate their cameras. So precisely, so intricately and so proudly. Like Kings writing the history of their people, is their prolific nature that both creates and procures what will later be percieved as the kingdom. So the real truth about Lady Gaga fans, my little monsters, lies in this sentiment: They are the Kings. They are the Queens. They write the hisory of the kingdom and I am something of a devoted Jester. It is in the theory of perception that we have established our bond, or the lie I should say, for which we kill. We are nothing without our image. Without our projection. Without the spiritual hologram of who we percieve ourselves to be or rather to become, in the future. When you are lonely, I will be lonely too. And this is the fame. - Lady Gaga

Live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick, and kill for each other. - Lady Gaga

I'm single right now and I've chosen to be single because I don't have the time to get to know anybody. So it's okay not to have sex, it's okay to get to know people. I'm celibate. Celibacy's fine. - Lady Gaga

When you're in the public eye, you're a role model whether you want to be or not, and I want to be. I'm not one of those self-obsessed artists who don't care about their fans. It's not just about the music. I look out into the O2 and there are 18,000 screaming young people and I have a responsibility to them — and you're an idiot if you don't know that. - Lady Gaga

There are transsexual women and transgender women and suddenly it becomes poisonous and something else because there are some people in this world that believe being gay is a choice. It's not a choice, we're born this way. - Lady Gaga

Yes, most of them are from Lady Gaga... infact, all but one are. And so what? She is my idol and I really do cling to everything she says because well... look at what she is saying! How can these not inspire you, and not make you comfortable with who you are, and not make you a free person?!

Mneh... Can you see why she is my idol now?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it - My dad after I randomly took apart his CD player when I was 9.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy it can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
    -Kahlil Gibran

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    -Unknown

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
    -Unknown

...just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
    -Unknown

Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and ugly in us, but our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there.
    -Eric Hoffer

Who sees all beings in his own self, and his own self in all beings, loses all fear.
    -Isa Upanishad, Hindu Scripture

Every man is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him.
    -Emerson

...love like you've never been hurt.
    -Unknown

When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.
    -Catherine Ponder

Very powerful quotes for me.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Here are a few quotes I like
    We are who we chose to be, now go chose!

Without life their would be no death with out death life wouldn't be worth living

There is no justice for the evil only truth and sometimes in truth we can find peace

Today u may die as men but tomorrow you will be remembered as warriors

Any one can lie, but it takes a man to tell the truth.

A coward with a gun is still a coward.

I got plenty more but I think thats enough for now...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • "He is the most perfect Muslim whose disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to their wives"

- Mohammed

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Gordon Brown... Constantly said:
    I Agree with Nick
    </Political satire>

But in all seriousness:

Drummers are a bit like house flies. They're born, they make a noise, then they die.
    Sure it's quiet, for a diesel. But that's like being well-behaved… for a murderer.
    Britain's nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe…probably because they don't have wheel-chair access.
    I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?
    This is the Renault Espace, probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying 'Ooh good I've got
    syphilis, the BEST of the sexually transmitted diseases.
    You aren't allowed to have a party, you aren't allowed to have music, you aren't allowed to play ball games, you aren't allowed to have a camp fire, you have to park within two feet of a post, you have to keep quiet, you have to be in bed by eleven. This is not a holiday, it's a concentration camp!

All Jeremy Clarkson. Idiotic? Pompous? maybe, but he is hilarious.

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
    Years
  • I really love these ones:
    "All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling. To be natural is to be obvious, and to be obvious is to be inartistic."

— Oscar Wilde

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."

—Frank Zappa

"It's no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn't even speak to each other if they met at a party."

— Nick Hornby

-GX-

Years
  • "Anyone who says swearing is a sign of a lack of vocabulary or a poor education is a ****ing lunatic" ~ Stephen Fry

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." ~ V, V for Vendetta

"A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it" ~ Albert Einstein

"Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I reject your reality and substitute me own" ~ Adam Savage

"I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the reality I accept" ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"I've had enough of your disingenuous accusations -punch-" ~ Commander Sheperd, Mass Effect 2

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. You do the math." --Karen Walker

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]She will be, no friend is gone forever. :3 - Signomi[/jq]

Years
  • "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Adolf Hitler.

"I believe in one thing only, the power of human will." - Joseph Stalin.

Personally 2 of my favourite world leaders from throughout history.
    Both for specific reasons, despite what everyone happens to think of them.

Back