• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Midnight Dreams

-one of the shortest chapter ever for any fanfic in PC, and that's not a good sign for a long epic-like fanfic

-yay more anime-style chatting ._.; description is still lacking

-just when character description was starting to pickup at the mention of Gary, the story just left it there unfinished x_x; even if it's to remain mysterious, you still need to "end" the tie somehow

-when one chapter can be summarized into...

"Hey!"
    "Hi!"
    "I'm going to go on a Pokemon journey!"
    "I know! Can I come with you?"
    "Sure!"
    "Ok let's go!"

... is not a good thing. This maybe the result of playing too much Golden Sun, a highly overrated RPG that has a boring (and corny) plot and zero character description. Do not turn your story into Golden Sun or else you'll be doomed for life as a fanfic writer. Do not make too many unnecessary conversations like Golden Sun. Do not make a character say nothing like Golden Sun. Do not make all of your characters "the same" because they have no personalities at all, like Golden Sun. Yeah...

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Hi everyone! I took Frostweavers advice and I edited my story. You can check out the edited ones now. (Especially the battle scenes... I really tried to make them less anima-ish...)

Years
    frostweaver said:
    ... is not a good thing. This maybe the result of playing too much Golden Sun, a highly overrated RPG that has a boring (and corny) plot and zero character description. Do not turn your story into Golden Sun or else you'll be doomed for life as a fanfic writer. Do not make too many unnecessary conversations like Golden Sun. Do not make a character say nothing like Golden Sun. Do not make all of your characters "the same" because they have no personalities at all, like Golden Sun. Yeah...
    I hope you have nothing against Fire Emblem, Frostweaver...XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    If you're that easily discouraged, it'll be hard to succeed as a fanfic writer... do note that PC already cuts out flamers. A lot of fanfic writers (including those in PC) have wrote numerous stories and had to "restart" plenty of times in order to reach where they are now.

lol... it's just that Golden Sun is SO overrated that it's not even funny. I can start a rant on that so easily. =)

@ The Dreamer

-still a lot of dialogues when not all of them are really that necessary... for example, instead of

blue said:
    "Kamille. I dont want you to talk to him or his sister anymore. You remember where their father works, don?t you?"

"Their dad...a magma executive. Wait, you don?t think they have something to do with..."

"Ya, if I know their dad. He has never been a caring person. He would use his children as pawns for anything as long as it got him higher in magma. Now that they?re back, we have to be careful around them. Since you don?t have any pokemon you have to be even more careful. That egg you found, it looks like it?s got a good pokemon in it, but it won?t come out for a good while. Like I said, don?t ever get caught off guard with them. I saw on tv yesterday that magma is trying to restart "DNA S H" "says Leon as a eerie calm flows into the room.

It can become...

Edit said:
    "Kamille. I dont want you to talk to him or his sister anymore. You remember where their father works, don?t you?"

Then Kamille remembers. Their father is a rocket executive who {opportunity for character description begins} is not a caring father. {if you want, you can add in "flashback" right here to support that} He may even use his children as pawns to achieve his goal, as long as the ending result will result in a raise and a promotion.

"Now that they?re back, we have to be careful around them, especially you since you don?t have any pokemon. You have to be even more careful from now on." continues Leon as he {chance to slip in minor character description here}. Kamille listens to him while he looks at his egg, wondering what Pokemon can be inside it. Soon, Leon sits down next to Kamille, thinking over the grave situation they are in. In boredom, Kamille flips on the TV with the remote control.

"{newsreporter talking about DNA S H}"...

Things like that can cut down on the use of dialogues. It'll make the fanfic less repetitive if there aren't so many dialogues and speeches.

-you can add in some borders such as a line or ~*~*~ or whatever other symbol you think of in order to make your fanfic easier to read. Add one of these handy things whenever there's a major change in setting or time (such as the scene when Kamille runs into the forest away from town)

-slight transition problem as some parts can be confusing... but I believe that doing the above should help with that.

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    eh, i wasn't talking about not posting any chapters EVER, just not till the weekend. sorry if ya misunderstood! ^^;;;. I can't because i have school >_>.

I don't like the games that much, it's just i like the character pics. They look cool. XD.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Call of Dragons

-yay an action packed chapter! ^^;

-grammar mistakes... even though MSWord is used (sidenote: when I upload my story too, MSWord tends to screw up on PC o.o), it cannot detect "alternate word." Be sure to check that you didn't make a mistake with the mistake being another word that's spelt correctly, as MSWord will fail to pick that up.

-now for the battling, it seems like those Machops are just clay soldiers who know nothing but to walk forward and punch o.o; could always give them a few attacks too

-the Lavender citizens are acting rather odd for the news... instead of acting so dead, shouldn't they be panicking like what every other villager is like in the past chapters? or maybe even evaculating

-Blue is still being a little bit OOC though she got better... I still think that she's more calculative and informative than that to be caught so easily and not realizing that another Pokemon army is heading that way

-the name "Derek" for the kid leading the Machops was rather fitting... not sure if this was a carry-over from ToLaF though. However, the fact that Derek ("Ruler of the crowd") leading an army was a nice metaphor

-*cough cough* Machops and Dragonairs = Bruno and Lance's element *cough cough* lol... ^^; Let's see if Dewgongs crawl up the shore to invade Fushia next? ;p

-something worth pointing about... the conversation between Nina and Blue was an excellent opportunity to sqeeze in a LOT of important story element. It could be longer than this and be a lot more informative. But that's not really a "mistake"

@ Paths of Shadow and Light

-first thing worth frowning about is the mega corny title... all 3 important keywords in the title are all highly overused, making it difficult for your fanfic to standout when the readers are cruising along looking for a fanfic (then again I suck at titles myself too >_>)

-now I had no idea that it was Giovanni until he introduces himself and his name, which may not be a good thing. When Mike and Giovanni were walking down the hallway, you could add in character description of "the man" (Giovanni) through the eyes of Mike. His red suits and other distinctive characteristics should make this task easy

-also lack of character description for Mike too, but then again if he's nothing but a NIC (Not-Important-Character, like those that gets disposed of quickly), that'll be fine

-overall a nice prologue written, with very few errors and mistakes (that I can find). Great job for the beginning of a long story!

@ Pokemon Beyond (revised edition)

-a MUCH better and less confusing story compare to the mess it was. It was a great improvement in both readability and plot.

-there's always a much better time to do settings of time than the ugly "author's note" type of thing, such as "3 years before the first episode of Pokemon." You can try something like "It was 3 years before the <however you want to describe Ash> trainer Ash Ketchum set off for his Pokemon journeys in Kanto. <background info of Ash when he's 7> But at this same time far away..."

-the fake Groudon thing is still a bit awkward... and in the current way it's used, it's not really related to the Trojan Horse at all except for the concept of men inside something (Trojan Horse is more like a metaphor for hiding inside something that's seemingly harmless in order to lower the opponent's guard, and a fake Groudon certainly doesn't seem harmless and doesn't lower the opponent's guard)

-there was no need for that explanation line about Korean conversations... in the world of fanfic, every human langauge becomes one language automatically for the readers

-"It was tiny but still big enough for visibility." take that off asap as it's a HUGE dent in the mystery department. It is better of a cliffhanger to end off the chapter without that line

-the camera shy line is unneeded as its direction is clearly comedical, while your story heads off to the dark/angst direction

-not much of a mistake, but you don't have to have Groudon dig underground in order to avoid the incoming explosion from the reactor. First of all seeing such a huge lizard digging under ground destroys the "cool Godzilla-like" feeling of Groudon. Secondly, to see Groudon surviving the huge explosion will add to Groudon's ferocity as well. It's fanfic, so don't need to follow the realistic order that everything will die under an explosion from a reactor like that. Plus, Groudon's legendary, and the fact that a Pokemon is "legendary" can (and should) be abused by the author to make it invincible unless facing the main hero/main villain ;p

-slight paragraphing problems... though the general rule is that it's a new paragraph for every new speaker, some stories can push it so that there's a few speakers in one paragraph, but for Pokemon Beyond, sometimes it's too crowded to see so many dialogues flying back and forth in one huge paragraph. Break it up a little bit (especially in the prologue scene)

Last edited:
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    @ Call of Dragons

-grammar mistakes... even though MSWord is used (sidenote: when I upload my story too, MSWord tends to screw up on PC o.o), it cannot detect "alternate word." Be sure to check that you didn't make a mistake with the mistake being another word that's spelt correctly, as MSWord will fail to pick that up.

Really? I don't know what words they are but I should double check next time... O_O
    -now for the battling, it seems like those Machops are just clay soldiers who know nothing but to walk forward and punch o.o; could always give them a few attacks too
    Hmm...good idea...I really wanted to make the impression of clay soldiers. I guess it went too much over there...
    -the Lavender citizens are acting rather odd for the news... instead of acting so dead, shouldn't they be panicking like what every other villager is like in the past chapters? or maybe even evaculating
    Huh? I thought I made them really panic and evacuate about it...I must've forgot to save it...
    -Blue is still being a little bit OOC though she got better... I still think that she's more calculative and informative than that to be caught so easily and not realizing that another Pokemon army is heading that way
    Living in the edge of the town with no tv might be a bit of an answer...but you're still right... ^^
    -the name "Derek" for the kid leading the Machops was rather fitting... not sure if this was a carry-over from ToLaF though. However, the fact that Derek ("Ruler of the crowd") leading an army was a nice metaphor
    Really? I didn't know that... O_O I was just thinking of a fitting name for a person that I see in a visual picture and the name "Derek" seems to tag along with it... so...must be my luck... ^^ (It's not a carryover from ToLaF though)

-*cough cough* Machops and Dragonairs = Bruno and Lance's element *cough cough* lol... ^^; Let's see if Dewgongs crawl up the shore to invade Fushia next? ;p
    XD Close enough but..nah... (you really hit something in the plot there!)

-something worth pointing about... the conversation between Nina and Blue was an excellent opportunity to sqeeze in a LOT of important story element. It could be longer than this and be a lot more informative. But that's not really a "mistake"
    Ah...thanks! I really needed that... ^^ (The problem is, I really need to shock myself to know more about the plot myself...)

Last edited:

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    Pokemon Beyond

Groudon is a red godzilla minus the spikes but it cannot swim so the earth is water to him

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    Pokemon Origin of Species :Meowth

England is in a dark age of the Salem Witch Trials. Many innocent woman especially cat-lovers were executed. Sworn on vengeance, a group of cat loving women, spent years breeding the best cat traits... with the genes of an fierce African wild Cat. Giving forth a furred nose cat with enough power to defeat a hound!!

So the species Meowth came

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    oni flygon said:
    Er...TTYO...the Salem witch trials were in America. Salem, Massachusetts ring a bell?
    Which a really REALLY good book is made for called The Crucible... hey look I know that i'm sad to praise a history-related book, but nothing can be more evil and cool than a 11 year old girl seducing and bewitching everyone, and eventually kills everyone, yet escape in the end while she's at it. By the way did I mention that this girl has the exact name as one of the highest powers in PC?

but the point is... how does all these things relate to the fanfic lounge? It's not an advertisement for a story... so what's it doing here?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    and while you're at it, Salem Witch Trial isn't about executing woman, but it's about world of restriction because the citizens of Salem at that time are all puritan, and etc etc. Not to mention, a cat was never involved, but it was Abigail's soup that's the familiar. As well, there were a lot more men who got killed in comparison to the women (just Rebecca Nurse, Sarah Good and a few others... while there's like 30 men who are found guilty?) .

Salem Witch Trial is really difficult to fit into a Pokemon theme, since the background for the two are completely different. Pokemon is so free-willed, while Salem was all about laws and theocracy.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    Then was there a time in history where witches have been associated with cats and then some women were wrongly executed. It was in England I believe.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    I think the Witch fic is not applausible

Hey What about

This fic is quite like Alien VS Predator

Pokemon VS Digimon
    Movie Poster: A pikachu snarls at Patamon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back