• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    dark_espeon said:
    okay, okay, i need to work on vaporeon dreams.... doesnt anyone have something NICE to say?
    I try not to, as everyone else seem to say nothing but those mindless "yes this fanfic is great! I can't wait for the next update" anyway, without really pointing out what' so great... >>; reviews like that never make any sense.

@ The Road to Palantria

-once again repetition problems...

-and then super minor flaws here and there... some grammatical, and some of them involves getting some usage of words mixed up

-rather original regarding how they make the cash... quite unexpected

-also rather good to see that the innkeeper (or whoever behind the desk at the inn) said more lines than I imagined XD; still a cameo character, but still ^^;

-could have let magnemite and the other Pokemon say a few lines beside Umbreon... since these Pokemon can talk, readers will most likely treat them as "characters" as well...

-hmm...? LaClaw never made an appearance? O.o; Aww... maybe next chapter. But then I was so expecting it, not only because of my curiosity but also the point that the boys will also want to see what is this Pokemon that never exists in their wold is like.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Pokemon Beyond Special

-once again, heavy length problem... is this part even 200 words? I highly doubt that. For a long epic that this seems to be, you'll always need to have some lengthy within every chapter in order to keep your audience reading.

-serves better as a prologue than the actual prologue, actually, and that means that it can be short, but it can still be longer... this length is just TOO short, even for a prologue

-lacking description as there's plenty to say within the whole scene, such as the guard's emotion and feelings regarding his job and so on. Even if he's cameo who got quickly ridded of, you can still talk a bit of it.

-writing style... can use some rewording in order to increase the mystery within your fanfic. Important lines such as "last thing he ever saw" should always come last, that kind of thing. Reading fanfics will help.

-and it's ALWAYS better if you don't give out summaries in advertisements... really isn't a good way to advertise.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    TTYO said:
    Er... Frost can you explain I do not really understand ????
    Just saying that you need to work on your style of writing some more. Your description skills need work as well, but your biggest problem is length. You really need to make each chapter at least 1,000-15,000 words.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    lol... 15000 words is crazy. Usually 900-1500 is the average, but it never hurts to go over limit, as long as it's not lagging. However except for some specific fics or poem, anything shorter than that is really too short. Before the reader even picks up the reading mood, the chapter is over already, which is a real killjoy.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Sorry for fanfic review delays, but then I just got my hands on Leaf Green... ^o^;;;

@ Road to Palantria

-yay we get some intensive battling! ^^ Great battling scene due to the very vivid description.

-hehe I knew that Kenneth was changing (but I had no idea what)... he was indeed action weird. All the foreshadowing said so ^^

-now Vibrava's evolution is very accurate, but I never liked 2 consecutive paragraph to talk of descriptions alone without any action (even Vibrava beating its wings hovering around the trio is fine enough for "action"). It may indeed add a lot of realism into the story, but it does get boring that way

-watch out for using the wrong words, something that MSWord cannot pick up... such as "down" not "done"

-I was hoping to see if the old wizard guy (sorry too many names appeared in that chapter ^^; ) will mention why those 2 hideous beasts are there... but it's still ok if he never explained it. Afterall RPGs got a fair share amount of mysterious ugly monsters roaming around everywhere too, and Palantria is not the most normal place of all

-overall, another great chapter for a great fanfic ^^ now with another quest on their hand, those boys seriously got a lot of places to travel to O.o;

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    I have decided to revamp Groudon X Godzilla. I think the diamond Missiles used by the Japanese army inflicted serious injuries to Groudon. Groudon is not a steel-type so it's stil vulnerable. I have got Lugia and Ash(ho-oh) into plot where a fire and electric type creature named Godzilla steps in to upset the balance of the WW3

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
    Again, thanks for the review frostweaver. Yeah, maybe two paragraphs with description was a bit excessive. There's a lot in the chapters ahead, and a lot of things will change as time goes on.

I thank you for taking the time out to read it and giving it very in-depth reviews.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I'm so terribly behind... 5 fanfics to read and so much homework to do for all in the same day ;_; And since I reviewed Road to Palantria so many times before already, for a short while I'll ignore it despite of the update, and read the others first... ok?

@ Pokemon Beyond

-now the prologue is still rushing... as chunks are missing here and there. I don't even know what Team Rocket was winning in.

-prologue is rather revealing a bit too much... not exactly a good thing, like Ash's greatest secret and his link to Ho-oh

-paragraphing... gotta remember how each new speaker for a dialogue means a new paragraph

-slight diction and wording problem that can really increase the fanfic's interest... such as leaving out lines like "last thing he ever saw" until last, and use burnt or turned to ashes (colder words) instead of barbequed (a very warm fuzzy/comedical word)

-things about Anakin can be stretched longer and not be so rushed

-stick with a name... Dr. Starfish or Dr. Cephalus, either one... don't mention both

@ A Beautiful Gift

-grammar error... watch for the position of the " ' " mark.

-generally ok, with the exception of lacking description and length... if you expanded more, it'll be a lot more enjoyable to read. Lack of description and length is the MAIN problem, by far...

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ The Spirits of Mount Pyre

-mainly ok but I really expected Kiri to be saying a lot more about Blu and her woe towards Blu's death... can really express that in great detail

-paragraphing, as mentioned already by others

-I'm always very picky about Pokemon and realism... Wailmer isn't that much bigger than a human being. Wailord though will be much more fitting.

-Ninetales didn't exactly come back to "life" but remained a ghost... so the last statement becomes very awkward then

-longer length always help ^^

@ As Cold As Ice

-how does Team Rocket turn good...? This is anime based afterall, so what's happening...?

-EVERYONE is acting OOC... Brock is usually not the one so dense, and the 2 females never act like that

-the battle scene wasn't even a battle... you need a lot of description regarding what happened during the battle and so on (same goes for the Metagross thing)

-length and description issue

-how did Max suddenly disappear...?

-even the prologue can use a LOT more description... and such an important event can easily be multiple chapters, even

-transition... the story is jumping everywhere way too quickly

-more OOC... Marina and Junichi... well maybe not too much for Junichi XD; Marina is like a totally new character O.o;

Last edited:

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
    The fanfic shall be fixed. But not today. I shall attempt to fix all the listed faults.
    What is OOC?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    OOC means out of character. Characters aren't acting in the way that you would expect them to. I suppose this would apply to Ash especially, since he's not being his usual cocky self and such...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Finally! AHAHAHA!!! Die evil word problems that are wasting so much of my time because of the super unfriendly 3 digit fractions in a parabola! DIE!!!!

@ Call of Dragons- the most rushed chapter so far

-now Vincent was having a bad dream, and then woke up by Nina's voice eventually. And then the story proceeds on to walking south and etc... transition error is present as the story suddenly jumped to him waking up to walking south. Fix it by throwing in something with the word "continue" in it.

-little pointer of diction... question is a word of a harsh tone. Use "ask" instead for Nina towards Dennis

-another diction pointer... mutter usually suggests a slight negative tone of voice... cross that out for Dennis and use another verb in place. Even said will suffice (for the rare chance that it will work).

-another other diction pointer... crimson is a cold color, while you want a warm adjective there

-"why did you change" is not something someone will ask towards someone who who changed in behavior... at least not in Canada ^^; Rather awkward. Cutting it out will work better as the next dialogue from Nina also suggests the same thing anyway.

-again, identities are best to come last. The fact that Naomi reminds Dennis of his mother should come last, not in the middle with all the descriptions at the end.

-this dream sequence is just awkward... again we have Naomi saying stuff that's so direct, that nobody will really say these stuff in such a manner... Also makes the sequence quite corny. Transition is out the window as we see Dennis go "ding! Ahh that's right so I do love Nina a lot!" o.o; I don't know how to exactly pinpoint why it is so...

-a hand can CERTAINLY feel cold and smooth... not something worth the surprise. Did you mean "cold and warm?"

-diction change: change mortal into something else (a young girl or whatever), as mortal is a terribly cold and powerful word, and you're at those love-y cuddly scene... same for spirit, but for that you can just cut out "than a spirit" and call that the end.

-"Why don't you... kiss me yourself... then... I promise... to leave you be..." eclipses are useful but not when you get that many XD "yourself" is not needed as well. Can be reworded to "I will leave you be then... but can't you <some form of hesitation here> give me a kiss before I have to leave you?" to reduce slight awkwardness, plus this reworded form also fits the basics of how important stuff comes at the end, rather than the beginning.

-watch for grammar and spelling... especially spelling mistakes where you mispelled a word to be another word (mind -> mid) which is something MSWord cannot pickup

-the "must-tenses" is so confusing that I'm not sure if it's right or not regarding tenses in the story... "must flee" sounds like present which will be wrong, but then "must fled" sounds weird. Ask someone else to check on that...

-we see more evidence of rushing, as the famous scene of Dennis beside Nina's bedside is such an expandable romance scene (along with being a great opportunity for more description about Dennis's feelings and stuff, or especially Nina vs Naomi XD), yet sadly we see it only in a few sentences.

-"muttered a swear word" is rather wordy and weird... try "swore under his breath"

-you don't gain faster but you gain closer

Most of the complaints are from the 5th dream sequence. Need to work a little bit more on how to write emotional scenes ^^;

@ Road to Palantria

-another excellent chapter for the ongoing excellent story ^^

-I... actually got nothing to rant on this time O.o; *dun dun DUN!*

Last edited:

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
    Hmm. When I have time, I'll transform my fanfic. Parts 1, 2 and 3 are lousy. But if I move 4, 5 and 6 to the start as one part, and write another part I made up (wee, pokeshipping) it will be better. Yeah. It might end up called "Friendly Gift" or "Present". But I'll see about that.
    *laughs maniacally thinking about the new part*
    *coughs*
    *wheezes*

Years
    Plans for future fanfictions:

-A "properly-written" short story. First person point of view. School Fic.

-A tragedy fanfic. Possible dark fic. However, no concrete plot created yet. Possibility of the "Higher they go, they heavier they fall" mentality.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Announcement: After much work and deliberation, I have finished the retake on the Prologue of Pokemon Neo: Hoenn Armaggedon as per the suggestions of Frosty's previous review of it. I have not yet finished upgrading chapter one as per these suggestions. The link is at: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1960018/1/ . I look forward to your opinions.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    *tiptoes in* Um...hey...I...um...am...uh...new to this whole...um...fanfic thing... *blushes*

So...um...sorry if my post resemble that of RP post for while...I have to get used to switching from RP mode...to Fanfic writing mode...

Current Fanfic:

-Montolio's Quest for Vengence

It's not that well written, as I mentioned above, but I really like the plot to the whole thing, check it out sometime...um...that is if you want to...

Sorry...I'm not as good a Fanfic writer as I am a RPer...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back