• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Yeah, and that's why one of my chapters in thirty-one pages, because one scene goes on forever.

No one will whine if your chapter is longer this time. It depends on the quality mostly.

With my chapters, I try to make sure that what I have planned to go in that chapter goes into that chapter. So I don't care about the length, I just care that what I wanted to get said, got said.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Thirty-one full typed pages on Word is an INSANE number for one chapter. My personal opinion with your problem, Orange Flaffy, would be to split it up. If you're spending time building up to the event before actually getting to it, split it up. If there are two events or you can even come close to making the one event into two, do it. You lose readers when the chapter gets insanely long, say, along the lines of twenty + pages. I did that with chapters 3 and 4 of "Crash My Couch Fort", and it worked to my advantage. It keeps suspense going when you build up an event, and it keeps things at a readable length.

My favorite Pokemon to write about? Anything cute and that doesn't come up much. I started a fic a while back with an Electrike, and currently am using Togetic. My absolute favorite is Raichu, however. I love it.

Sakura~

flowery
    Years
    Don't drown readers with pieces that are too long. If they're anything like me, they'll die. XDD

I like writing about cute stuff~* But instead placing them in a philosophical aspect. Hope to post something soon~

-Mikuru ♥

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    I hope I'm not barging in any conversation, but I'm new to these forums. I'd be happy to review anything as long as time permits it. I'm glad to meet you all...

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Nagoyaka Aikouka said:
    My absolute favorite is Raichu, however. I love it.
    In that case, I think you'll like this fic I'm working on... that is, if you don't look down on crossovers or (possibly) script style. It's not really 100% Pokemon either. I'd say Pokemon would have have between 5-10% in the fic, and I'd doubt I should be talking about it here. Still, Raichu's one of the main characters in it. XP

Anyway, if you don't mind all of that stuff I've mentioned, check this link out for some info on it: https://lil-ida.livejournal.com/tag/team+muyo

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    Thank you for the intro, katiekitten! I'll try my best and I think I've done a bit of reviews already ^_^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Reviewing is a great way to introduce yourself into the fanfiction forum! It's where I created my fame on other forums.

The one problem is that I fear that all the people that I criticized will expect perfection from me. And that's one reason why I haven't posted anything yet. >> Well, that, and the fact that I have lazy lazy muses. XD

But welcome to you anyhow, Yuki! *salutes*

*revived dead lounge XD

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Hey people. I've revived Of Power and Influence and added the first two chapters. It's mostly background filler to set the scene for the upcoming story, so it's all a lot of words with no meaning right now (but all will become clear soon).

Anyway, comment and critique would be nice, see if you like the direction I'm heading in (I've deliberately held back a lot of stuff, the next chapter is mainly flashback to explain why Terry is starting to doubt his ability as a trainer, and the plotline proper will begin in the next chapter). I've got the majority of the plot sketched out, now it's just adding the skin to the skeleton of the plot. Expect the next chapter by tomorrow.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Okay, so here I am, looking to review. Check out the thread "Looking to Review" for a look at the template I'll be using. I'm willing to work super-hard on your fics, so if you'd like a decent, fair review, sign-up! I'll get to everyone that signs up eventually, and that's a promise!

katiekitten

Is currently: Very happy
    Years
    *rises from the dead*

XD I'm alive. =D Just went on holiday for a while. How is everyone?

I have written a new oneshot while I've been gone, so I might post it up later... I don't like it so much though. :(

Nago, I might be visiting your thread... =D

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Ooh child. Things are going to get easier.

Um.

So. *poke* Died much? Smell like a wet dog wrapped in rotten tuna much? If er, dead people smell like that, that is.

Bree is having issues writing fanfiction lately. She can't focus on it anymore. She hopes once school gets boring she can though like she always does. [=

What about you guys lol? How's the writing coming along?

katiekitten

Years
    *sniffs* Hmm... More like mouldy milk. XD J/K

You having problems? :( *gives cookie*

Cookies can fix everything. =D

XD

Me goodish. 'Been writing an entry for the new romance compition. Although I dont think I am going to go far as I can't even spell compitition right. XD *examines spelling*

I have gotten Six and a bit pages into it, in size ten font on microsoft works, (it always starts me at size ten and I can't be bothered to change it. XD) and I haven't finished introducing the piece yet. Atleast this introduction is a lot more interesting then Bunny King's was. I know how much fun you must've had reading that, Bree. XD I'm writing first person this time... I think the reason it is getting so long is that I decided on a spur of the moment decision to add a strange little sub plot. O.o So now I have to fully introduce that before getting onto the real plot, or I think the reader will feel a little buried... XD

How's everyone else doing?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's spelled "competition", katie. Just to let you know.

I fell back into writing my OT again. I typed up half the prologue. It needs more added to it, in terms of description. Chapter one's first draft is done, so what is left with that is some heavy editing. Chapter two is progressing along nicely. Just wrote three pages of it last night.

Now, if only my English teacher would stop assigning essays, I'll be all set. Can't wait for the semester to end in December, because that means that I'll have a month off to write.

I am also getting an urge to write another fic that I have planned. That fic was started multiple times, but I just can't get the main character into a more human form. He just doesn't feel real yet.

*smashes cookie against keyboard* Well, that didn't work either.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Hah. I'm writing a Fanfiction.
    *people gasp*
    I've been thinking over a few characters for a while now, and as there are no new roleplays I can use them in... I'm writing a fic. I was planning it all day during school. It's a lot more interesting than Lord of the Flies, let me tell you.

First chapter's done. I'll post it once I've got a few more written.

I'm quite proud of myself, actually |D

katiekitten

Years
    It's spelled "competition", katie. Just to let you know.

XD Thanks! *commits to memory* XD

What?!? The cookies won't fit into the screen or keyboard? Prepostorous, I say!

...I bet they'd fit in the floppy disk drive. *tries*

XD

Holidays are good times to write. Yes indeed. =D

I've never read Lord of the Flies... Is it any good?

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Considering I've read Lord of the Flies for every consecutive year from 8th grade to 10th grade, I still think it's a pretty good book. Ain't nothing like pig's head on a stick. :P

I had to write an essay on Brave New World. I think I failed it. XD

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    It's a good book, but trust me; my teacher makes it boring. I reckon she purposely tries to make the lessons as excrutiatingly tedious as possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back