• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • If your fic had an opening theme song (preferably an Anime song), what would it be?

For "Nothing, Everything", it would be the 1st Naruto Shippuden opening theme "Hero's Come Back!" by nobodyknows. It's mostly because of the beat of the music as there will be some action scenes I had planned out. Also, it's more along the lines of the lyrics as also there will be times the characters will decided, put it bluntly, either flight or fight. There's also one line that expresses one of my characters' thoughts on history, oddly.

The endless future tumbles into the everyday
    Its something so stupid you can't help but laugh

I swear "Nothing, Everything" is not a ninja story. XD

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • If your fic had an opening theme song (preferably an Anime song), what would it be?

Probably "Adagio for Strings" by the London Festival Orchestra. I've already deemed it as the theme song for one of my main characters, but it would probably fit the fic overall.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years

1. "Cruel Angel's Thesis" (Neon Genesis Evangelion) just because that song sounds amazingly cool.

2. "Rising Weather, Hallelujah (I think that's what it's called)" (Yu-Gi-Oh GX) just because I can see Gale enjoying the song for some reason.

3. "Mezaze Pokemon Master" Because it's a Pokemon fic, and I need to throw that one in somewhere.

Finally, someone asks me that!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

I can't think of any that would fit mine. :/ But I don't watch too much anime anymore...and all the ones I liked were happy and peppy, and my fic...not so much. xD

But, aside from anime songs, I'd say either Blurry by Puddle of Mudd or In Bloom by Nirvana. <3

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
    Besides the song I have written for it myself, my fics opening song has always been Faraway By Debbie Loeb .
    If it must be an up upbeat anime like tune, Dreams Can Be from the opening of Monster Rancher 4 fits it nicely :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Have you ever written a fanfic under the impression that it was a completely original idea, only to find out that somebody else had written one with a similar plot/main character/overall story structure and posted it before you did?
    Of course not. My story of a ten-year-old getting her starter Pokemon and traveling the world is completely original. Along with my stories for other fandoms. Actually, for my favorite non-active fandom, I am somewhat original.

What is you opinion on Lost Chapters? And have you ever read one in a Fan Fic?
    I like lost chapters if they fill in some hole in the plot. Unfortunately, I've never read one in a fanfic.

If your fic had an opening theme song (preferably an Anime song), what would it be?
    Nothing. I can't find one that fits it. But for my other fandom fics, they have theme songs.

And thanks, guys, for the laughs with me as an insurance agent.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You know, I don't think I've read any fics like Just A Brother. O.o

I'm happy about that.

Speaking of that...I blame all my Metal/Color gen games for distracting me. I've played them all at least once today. X.x I should be writing right now, seeing as I'm going to Gatlinburg for spring break. I really hate vacations. X.x And I leave Friday. Eeeugh.

And thanks, guys, for the laughs with me as an insurance agent.

._. Whoa.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    ._. Whoa.
    What? It actually did make me laugh.

By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs? I've just recently watched a few episodes of the anime (which is the verse my fic takes part in), and I saw that everyone reached to their belt for a Pokeball, even those who don't wear belts. So has there been any other way to hold Pokeballs on a person? Currently, my main character uses her pockets for hers, but she only has two used Pokeballs. So it would be a little more confusing for her to have six, and to have to pick one particular Pokemon from the collection when they aren't placed in any order.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Astinus said:
    By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs? I've just recently watched a few episodes of the anime (which is the verse my fic takes part in), and I saw that everyone reached to their belt for a Pokeball, even those who don't wear belts. So has there been any other way to hold Pokeballs on a person? Currently, my main character uses her pockets for hers, but she only has two used Pokeballs. So it would be a little more confusing for her to have six, and to have to pick one particular Pokemon from the collection when they aren't placed in any order.
    How about putting them in a fanny pack? Or maybe a chain on the trainer's pants that has magnets for the Pokeballs to latch on to?

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
  • What? It actually did make me laugh.

If I was a pokemon trainer I would (because the pokeballs are so little in travel form) clip them somehow to a nice small-linked gold chain (like the kind used for charm bracelets only longer) and wear them as a necklace :). But that is just me ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What? It actually did make me laugh.

xD Ok then.

And about the Pokeballs...in my fic, I'm using a bag. I just don't find belts very essential. :/ And I don't even think Silver has a belt in the first place. I think bags are good...or a pocket on the bag. Or...give her a hat and attach velcro to it and the Pokeballs. :3

About the magnets, I think that's risky...someone could just snatch the Pokeballs right off the chain. But then again...the velcro+hat wouldn't work, either...unless they were freakishly tall. X.x

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs?

Hammerverse.

Seriously, though, for most characters, I just use the magical thing called pockets. I really don't get why people don't use pockets more often. I mean, in their shrunken state, a Poke Ball is the size of a marble, so six of them should fit into two jean pockets without a problem. You're going to be groping for them if you clip them to a belt anyway, so pockets are just as decent.

Bags too. Gummy mentioned fanny packs, which I'd imagine would be a May solution to the problem.

I really don't want to know where Jessie carries hers. I really want to believe she nestles them in her huge hair. I really want to believe that.

Bay

Years
  • Well, for "Nothing, Everything" I have Jenny got it from her belt (she has only two Pokemon with one revealed in Chapter Six and the other one won't be revealed unti Chapter 10) and Bunny from her bag because well she puts all her things there. XD

Also Astinus, I would probably also have my trainer either put in in a bag or just a belt. Seems convinent. XD

And everyone, done with my parody last night. ^^ It should be posted either tomorrow or Wednesday (Tuesday will work and also be out of town for lunch).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really don't want to know where Jessie carries hers. I really want to believe she nestles them in her huge hair. I really want to believe that.

-spit- I used to think that when I was little. She probably does. O.o

Notice the excessive use of the word 'really' in you post, Jax? xD

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    What? It actually did make me laugh.

You could put them in your pocket. I'm sure Andy and Angel wouldn't mind some company.

I like putting them on some emo chain where they sort of 'clip on'

I don't know.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Seriously, though, for most characters, I just use the magical thing called pockets.
    My character does use her pockets. She wears cargo pants, so she has six pockets on her pants. On her right side, she has her used Pokeballs, and on her left, her unused Pokeballs. It just crossed my mind when I was writing that it would be rather hard to keep the used Pokeballs straight. Like, if she needed her Ghost-type, how could she determine which ball held her Ghost-type?

I'll figure it out later. Like I said, she only has two Pokemon now, which she keeps out of their Pokeballs.

Wait. Got it. She'll just use the magical powers of convenience to use the correct Pokemon. That's better than using some weird explanation or going through a lot of trouble.

So I think I'll just leave my character with her pants pockets. Now all that's left is for me to figure out where my other main character keeps his Pokeballs, since he doesn't have pockets or a belt or a bag that remains on his body.

I really don't want to know where Jessie carries hers. I really want to believe she nestles them in her huge hair. I really want to believe that.
    "My Pokeballs bring all the boys to the yard. And they're like, it's better than yours."

...I never should have watched "Dodgeball".

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hmm...

Gale uses Pockets, too. Big Pockets. With a trenchcoat. (Trenchcoats... they used to be cool, before all the psycho-murderer teens started wearing them.) He's got some sort of system for knowing which ball is which Pokemon, but he's never told me what it is and frankly I'm not sure I want to know. Knowing Gale the way I do, he'd probably lie about it anyway. >.<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Now all that's left is for me to figure out where my other main character keeps his Pokeballs, since he doesn't have pants or a belt or a bag that remains on his body.

Either you're implying that he's wearing shorts, or no pants at all. O_o That's alarming.

"My Pokeballs bring all the boys to the yard. And they're like, it's better than yours."

...I never should have watched "Dodgeball".

Ahhh. >.<

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs?

My characters, Diamond and Pearl, use their pockets. It's simple. Pocket Monsters -smacks Astinus in the head repeatedly, regardless of possible ban-

Oh, and my character Dawn has a strap around her thigh, under her skirt, that holds a Pokeball (her Infernape). The rest of her Pokeballs are in her bag.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If your fic had an opening theme song (preferably an Anime song), what would it be?

Either Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park or The Scientist by Coldplay.

Have you ever written a fanfic under the impression that it was a completely original idea, only to find out that somebody else had written one with a similar plot/main character/overall story structure and posted it before you did?

Ever read Duncan McNeil's Legends in Sinnoh, or I think that's the name. I actually has to PM him to make sure it was okay to post my fan fic because I was scared he would accuse me of plagiarism. The things our two fics have in common are amazing.

What is you opinion on Lost Chapters? And have you ever read one in a Fan Fic?

Not needed. Any information should be thrown into the story, not in extra chapters to fill plot holes.

By the way, anyone know of another way other than belts to carry Pokeballs?

I think you people are unaware of the obvious answer:

No.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back