• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Yeah! Go Jax!
Now I see why you use the Exploding Charizard example.
I agree 100% with you and all those other people.
That kid was a jerk. You were kind enough to actually read and critique vs. locking him down immediately.
It was like watching an American Idol contestant brag about how great they are, sing off-key, say that they know they were great, then the judges tell them off for their cocky attitude. Then they leaves the stage cussing up a storm. See it too often...

I'd be honored if you took that much detail in reading mine when I finally get around to posting it here ^ ^

I read "unthirsty" and after the first 2 bad ones and 2 years, I was surprised to see that it looked better, a lot better. Although, I could tell from the comments he was still stubborn and kinda had to be forced to organize it into paragraphs like it is now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
It's okay, folks. The Nidoqueen didn't lay the egg.

IT'S ACTUALLY A BABY ARCEUS!

:D

It's the best thing ever.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
You mean the kid with the lime green shirt and blue pants? The one who gives Hikari the thumbs-up?

That's a boy. o-O

Unless you mean the blond kid who bugs Takeru when he's writing. XD; Which would make me laugh very muchly. Poor Andy would be straight then. XDXD *dies*
Is it? I haven't watched it in a year or so. Whatever, she still got there early! *Twitch*
I went through a Digimon phase last summer...I watched each and every Adventure and 02 episode.
Twice
And "His Master's Voice" like eleven times xD

BS. And someone told me that the kid with Daisuke was actually his nephew. o-o That epilogue just confused the frell out of people.

But I love it. I love it love it love it.
xDDD
They pretty much just threw in a bunch of kids and said "Hey! Let's make them guess all sorts of crazy stuff we won't quite explain!"

If Takeru and Hikari didn't hook up, then their kids are totally going to.
Even if they're both boys. ;D

On a non-digimon related note, when you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?
Because I've realized I can't write on a desktop for some reason. I just...can't.

Probably should've bolded that and made it a topic.
Ah well. It probably doesn't matter.
>_>
Riiiight?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's okay, folks. The Nidoqueen didn't lay the egg.

IT'S ACTUALLY A BABY ARCEUS!

:D

It's the best thing ever

Oh. My. Gosh.

I didn't even want to mention that. That was so epic fail!

Probably should've bolded that and made it a topic.
Ah well. It probably doesn't matter.
>_>
Riiiight?

nu cuz we all h8 u :<

im jus kiddin i luv u pear<333

Bay

Years
Hadn't read the fic yet, but a Nideoqueen giving birth to Arceus? I hope it's a crack fic...O.o

I checked the Serebii Pokedex and I'm surprised Nideoqueen and Nidorina can't breed, but female Nidorans can. Poor babies. ;_;

When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?
Desktop...because my old laptop gets overheated easily. >.>

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Hadn't read the fic yet, but a Nideoqueen giving birth to Arceus? I hope it's a crack fic...O.o
Lol, I have read it. Technically, The Arceus dropped the egg in Nidoqueen's hands, two of them(according to chapter one, unrevised) XD

When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop? Desktop. My laptop is hard to use without a larger keyboard or mouse. Plus it overheats easily and is annoying to use.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
When you guys are writing on the computer, do you find it easier on a desktop computer, or a laptop?

I've never written a thing on a laptop before, so I'm gonna say desktop. But if/when I do get a laptop, I'll keep all my fic/rp related documents on it.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

Most definitely a laptop. Thats all I use now. Plus my desktops were very, very slow. The laptop is easier for me to use and I can keep all my writings to myself =)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
If Takeru and Hikari didn't hook up, then their kids are totally going to.
Even if they're both boys. ;D
Nuh-uh. x-x Takeru's son is all grown-up and impregnating certain sci-fi book characters. <3

I'll shut up about that ship.

Though I used to ship Takeru's son and Daisuke's son. But I think Takeru's son's "true love for life" is a science fiction book character. <3

Shutting up now.

Though... *goes to write shipping fic* I have too many.

Laptop, because that's what I own. But the keyboard is broken, so it's not like it counts. I hate typing on the thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The iBall; Pokéball, cell phone, and MP3 player all in one. Yes, that means trainers would end up having six cell phones and MP3 players on them at all times, but that just makes it seem even more Apple-like. <_<).
Bah! The iBall is useless without a Pokedex function! That and wireless capabilities should be built into the next software update!

My laptop overheats and my keyboard sucks. Then again, the only desktops I've used to type my fic have been library public-use ones with Windows 98, so...

Meh, the laptop allows me to multitask (by which I mean type my fic while watching cute-girl anime, which may or may not affect certain elements of said fic.)

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years

Laptop. Mostly because...well that's what I have. Crap though it may be (everything > Vista), I still upgrade it and waste money on useless stuff for it like a good little Microsoft mind slave...

And Jax, you've got an...interesting FF forum there...I was reading another fic there that was pretty much the same...although with some amusing commentary along with it. XD Really makes me appreciate the fact that there are actually forums with *gasp* honestly great stuff on it. Although it is fun to post what is decent around here someplace else (FF.net comes to mind) where they treat you like a god. XD

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Unfortunately, you guys just can't handle the amazing power of this fanfiction. Oh, other forums I frequent. You are so filled with awesome.
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!

*goes to surgeon, gets new eyes*

How do nine year olds expect us to treat them like nine year olds when their profiles say that they're seventeen? xD I don't know why you bothered with that guy, he was completely hopeless.

I definitely find writing fanfics to be easier on my laptop, that way I don't have to constantly look over my shoulder to see if any of my siblings are in a position to find out that I write fanfics.

EDIT: I just realized that this is my 200th post, meaningless milestone ftw!

Last edited:

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!

*goes to surgeon, gets new eyes*

How do nine year olds expect us to treat them like nine year olds when their profiles say that they're seventeen? xD I don't know why you bothered with that guy, he was completely hopeless.

EDIT: I just realized that this is my 200th post, meaningless milestone ftw!

Lol, yeah that guy was pretty bad. She was too nice.

Yay for you!
Want a piece of Chocolate Cake?

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I've written twenty-five twenty-sixths of my fanfics on my desktop pc. My laptop gets hot, which is...uncomfortable.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Yay for you!
Want a piece of Chocolate Cake?
For some reason, I feel very patronized... >_<

Now for a topic, Yay!

In what stage of the writing process do you decide on a title?

I've heard plenty of people say that it's bad to decide on a title until you have finished your story because you need to be sure that the title accurately reflects the whole story, and I've heard people say the opposite because having a title early on gives you focus. I personally decide on a title after I've written the first or second chapter.

txteclipse said:
My laptop gets hot, which is...uncomfortable.
You've just reminded me that I need to move my laptop off of my lap before my pants catch on fire. Thanks!

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Usually after a couple of chapters. I wait until I'm done for one-shots, though.

EDIT: I'm playing FFTA2, and all but one of my units is charmed. Fudgesicles.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
The fact that you almost all of you said the same thing about laptops overheating made me crack up xD
Wear a pillow, guys :p

Whenever I'm doing a story on a desktop, I get uncomfortable, and I feel like I'm chained to the wall as my computers sex slave and confined and...I just don't like the atmosphere...
Especially because I love writing outside on my porch at night

As for the title topic...It depends, really. For some stuff I know the right title right away.
As for others, I stick a tentative title on for a bit...

I agree with what Txteclipse said about oneshots though. Definitely at the end.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

Well for my first story up here, which I sort of stopped writing, I named it a few chapters in but the one I'm doing now, I named it before I started writing. So I guess it depends how much you know about your story when you begin writing it.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
For some reason, I feel very patronized... >_<
I didn't mean to be insulting ;p
You inspired me to bake confetti cake. I would've made chocolate cake, but I was out-voted by the family.
I just finished my second piece. Yummy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back