• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
  • That works better than mine.
    I like the way it looks much more ^^

BTW - It is Blue Angel
    XD I understand - spelling peoples names was never a strong-suit of mine either

Look at the bright side, I didn't forget a letter. Believe me,I have the worst time with people misspelling my name. My mother spelled my name weird. When I Google my name. My myspace page is the only hit.

I am so sorry, but I just can't resist

Spoiler:

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I am so sorry, but I just can't resist

Spoiler:

Lol, it's okay. I forgive ya for giving into your urge.

BTW, IceDragon isn't on right now, but please fix the spelling error, so I can become you Triplet and not someone who doesn't exist ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    What the eff is this? Oprah? Dr. Phil?

Jerry Springer?! (That would be awesome.)

Or are we all going to sit around and hold hands while talking about body hair? Because if so, I'm just going to have to close this before I throw up.

The majority of men are nasty. :D

Christ on a crutch, people. The last topic just made me laugh because you're asking people on a Pokemon forum how to gain relationships. There's something seriously illogical about that.

When you are writing a scene and come up to something that you have not experienced, do you: Do you best to experience it short of causing bodily harm? -or- Do you use Google to find out what you want to know?
    Why yes, I do participate regularly in gay sex with men. And yes, I do live in Japan while also going to school in space with children fifteen years younger than me!

It's called imagination and research, people. Use them.

Buoysel

Years
  • What the eff is this? Oprah? Dr. Phil?

Or are we all going to sit around and hold hands while talking about body hair? Because if so, I'm just going to have to close this before I throw up.

Christ on a crutch, people. The last topic just made me laugh because you're asking people on a Pokemon forum how to gain relationships. There's something seriously illogical about that.

When you are writing a scene and come up to something that you have not experienced, do you: Do you best to experience it short of causing bodily harm? -or- Do you use Google to find out what you want to know?
    Why yes, I do participate regularly in gay sex with men. And yes, I do live in Japan while also going to school in space with children fifteen years younger than me!

You need to loosen up. You are always so negative. It can't be helping your self esteem. And no, we're brothers, not some gay orgy.

EDIT: Seeing as there are 5 people viewing this: this should get interesting.....

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    What the eff is this? Oprah? Dr. Phil?

*scratches forehead*
    Don't give her a hard time kcander90.
    She is a female.
    We are guys.
    Makes sense that she wouldn't get us.

Although I don't see why she is being so negative about us being "brothers" when she has her own "family"(at least a "daughter" ^^)

I do get the relationship question thing though. LOL. ^^

I am going to go soon. Night :)

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Let's try and avoid a sex war here, okay people?

Blue Angel said:
    Although I don't see why she is being so negative about us being "brothers" when she has her own "family"(at least a "daughter" ^^)
    Worse yet, a daughter whose sister is her mother's pair! How that worked out, I'll never know...

Does surgery count as bodily harm? :D

Seriously, I just imagine most stuff, it's more fun that way.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • You need to loosen up. You are always so negative. It can't be helping your self esteem.

You know, I'd hate to say this, but I kinda agree with her. This is a Pokemon forum. And it's the Fanfiction Lounge, no doubt. You want romantic advice, I think you'd better go elsewhere for it. Like MySpace (although possibly not there, either -- that place be shady).

I mean, honestly, while, yes, geeks can mate quite successfully, the fact of the matter is, we're geeks. Self-proclaimed, no less, if you've been paying attention to the past page. I don't think you can find a more socially awkward crowd than the geeks without a psychological diagnosis. This is like showing a blind guy a photo of Pamela Anderson and asking him to describe what he sees.

And to tell you the truth, the negativity is fairly justified. I know I'm no mod, but usually, you arrange pairings and that sort of stuff via profiles and PMs. Astinus didn't use a thread to arrange her family. Neither did I concerning my own pairing and family. You just don't because, bluntly put, no one outside whoever you're forging pacts with are at all interested in seeing who's forging a family with who as it happens. (Maybe after for comedic value, especially if there's going to be incest involved and plenty of crack, but otherwise, not really, no.) Trust me on this one. I say it bluntly, but I'm being honest with you here. And we certainly don't care to know how long you've been shaving or, for that matter, what you've been shaving. Sure, facial hair doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but if I went into incredible detail about how I shave my legs, I don't think you'd be completely cool about that, either.

Sure, the FFL has its fair share of off-topic moments, but this is kinda a private situation, where you kinda shut out everyone from the thread. What are we supposed to be talking about while you discuss getting girls and arrange families within your small group over there?

She is a female.
    We are guys.

You'll be surprised, young grasshopper. The way you've just carried out your conversation is exactly like the conversations I've heard from girls. I should know. I go to an all-girls' school. And yes, you talk about girls and facial hair the way they talk about boys and leg hair in the bathrooms (while, incidentally, I'm shaving my legs). So, not much of a separation here.

I apologize for my tone above, but yes, I do get a little ticked when men imply that women don't understand their situation and vice versa. Both sexes are perfectly capable of empathy, thank you. Some simply choose to exercise this ability more than others.

I'm not a feminazi. Just a feminist who believes inequality in a world with metrosexuals in it is rather pointless.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You want romantic advice, I think you'd better go elsewhere for it. Like MySpace (although possibly not there, either -- that place be shady).
    O-o
    Jax, what are you thinking! ;)

But I agree that maybe such... discussion is a bit odd to have here, IMO.

As for the topic - I do a bit of both, although usually rely on the imagination part as I haven't gone much from tings I wouldn't have a clue about. That topic is something I believe we've had before incidently, several months back?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • AT ANY RATE, who here likes fanfiction? I sure do! Fanfiction is awesome! I also like asking questions about fanfiction, I think I'll do that now to get this conversation back to where it needs to be!

Which is more important to you, accuracy or entertainment value?

I generally consider how entertaining a story is to be more important that how realistic it is. Unless, of course, the story is so fiendishly inaccurate that it makes my eyes burn. What really irks me is when an author doesn't even care that his work has amendable inaccuracies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • O-o
    Jax, what are you thinking! ;)

The best kind of socially awkward ever: the kind that doesn't acknowledge the fact that it's socially awkward. *thumbs up*

That topic is something I believe we've had before incidently, several months back?

You know, that's actually possible. O.o Maybe we should make an index of topics we've already covered.

AT ANY RATE, who here likes fanfiction? I sure do! Fanfiction is awesome! I also like asking questions about fanfiction, I think I'll do that now to get this conversation back to where it needs to be!

XD I'm so very tempted to quote the Red vs. Blue guide to the internet, but I won't.

Depends on the inaccuracies. Sometimes, I can ignore an inaccuracy if the rest of it is entertaining or if it's a blatant comedy. Other times, the inaccuracy can be jarring and might actually take away from the entertainment value.

Like, for example, Exploding Charizard.

...Although I guess that fic didn't have much in the way of a redeeming value anyway, so I guess the Exploding Charizard really didn't affect the entertainment value to begin with.

Also, for a better example, glaringly obvious inaccuracies, such as contradictions or just stuff that could have been more interesting if the story was accurate. Like, getting pounded into the ground and then standing up and walking away as if nothing has happened (which I've actually read), which would have been more interesting if the character sustained some kind of injury (given that this is a fight and all). Alternatively, another character who canonically doesn't have a sibling suddenly having a sister appear out of nowhere. If done decently (with believable explanations and time frames), I might give the character the benefit of the doubt. If done for convenience, I'm going to assume it's going to go down a Mary Sue route (because fics that add siblings tend to do that).

I guess for me, the two go hand-in-hand. Minor inaccuracies and an awesome story, I don't mind. A number of inaccuracies tend to stick out for me, though, and they make me ask questions, which makes it a bit harder to feel satisfied by the story.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You need to loosen up. You are always so negative. It can't be helping your self esteem.
    I'm not the one constantly bringing up bodily harm and killing one's self and how I have no friends. My self-esteem is pretty damn high, I have the best friends I could ever ask for. My self-esteem has to be high if I don't let the comments I get in real life get to me. My job calls for having a tough skin.

And I'm a mod. I can't "loosen up" on this forum. It's my job to make sure that the rules get followed. When you start asking for relationship advice in a thread that was created to discuss fanfiction, I roll my eyes. When you start talking about what body parts get shaved, then I'm forced to step up because no one really wants to hear about that.

No one probably even really wanted to hear about you three becoming triplets. When Silver asked me to be her "mom", that happened over visitor messages. When Scythe asked me to be his pair, that happened over PM, along with our conversations. No one really wants to wade through two pages of you three finding comfort in each other.

It was after the fact that the three of us joked around about the incest going on and everything. (I'll lol if people think this is real.) But only because other people brought it up, and it was funny to other people.

And brilliant job thinking I was talking about you when I answered the question, since that's the only time that I even used the word "gay" in my post. I was talking about characters in a fanfic that I'm writing. You were the one that turned it around onto you.

She is a female.
    We are guys.
    Most of my friends in real life are male. I sit there and listen to them talk about their male problems because they think of me as "one of the guys". There's no lack of "understanding" on this end, since I know what it's like to be on both sides.

EMPATHY: DO YOU HAS IT

Magic Legume! said:
    Let's try and avoid a sex war here
    You have no idea what I thought of when I heard that phrase.

This fandom is full of non-funny wank. At least other fandoms have funny wank that everyone laughs at and gets over (sometimes).

Screw it. Just...screw it all.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I'll just ignore the majority of the posts above me o_O

Accuracy is fairly important, but the entertainment value is usually the part that makes me want to read more of a story. Heck, if someone made an exploding charizard really entertaining (like, really really really entertaining) I wouldn't mind it too much. For the most part though, accuracy adds to the entertainment value because it makes the story believable. In my opinion, accuracy is good, but entertainment value often comes with accuracy. Of course, thats just my opinion.

Bay

Years
  • I'm gone for a few hours and craziness happens! =O

Well, for "Nothing, Everything" I never experienced being chased by policemen, so I pretty much used reserach and imagination. Some sources I used are novels, movies, and tv shows, but if I want to get something more accurate I would watch the news or ask my dad (he actually knows quite a lot of stuff about the police force and how they work).

I would say both. Sometimes I would be intrique if some facts (historical, modern, etc.) are right, but at the same time some entertainment should be thrown in the mix so that I don't get bored. XD

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Arrgh... I clicked on post and my message went poof, now I have to rewrite it. Here's the general gist, anyway.

It's fanfiction. Most of what I write I haven't experienced. I've never trained Pokemon. Actually, there are many 'normal' things in my stories I've never experienced, either. I've never been kissed, never been so sick I was coughing up blood, never danced by firelight with the one I love, never been raped. Out of all the characters I've written about, I think there was only one I could write based on my own experiences, and that would be Ruka.

~Golden

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I would say both. Sometimes I would be intrique if some facts (historical, modern, etc.) are right, but at the same time some entertainment should be thrown in the mix so that I don't get bored. XD

I agree. Both are very important. Now the author can have minor inaccuracies if I don't notice. If I can notice them - then they are big inaccuracies. If the entertainment value takes away from the bad accuracy, then I have no problem with the writing.

Buoysel

Years
  • Which is more important to you, accuracy or entertainment value?

I try to achieve both. If push comes to shove, I think entertainment would come first if need be.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • Wow, this went crazy after I fell asleep, which I guess is a good thing I did. And I guess we got a little carried away...

Anyways, on to fanfiction topics =)

To me, accuracy. If it is not accurate, it drives me crazy. But I try to make accurate writings entertaining.

I'm not sure how good I am at it though

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    o.O One night's sleep...I come back, and the FFL has gone bonkers.

*scratches forehead*
    Don't give her a hard time kcander90.
    She is a female.
    We are guys.

Whoa whoa whoa, WHAT? -narrows eyes-

AT ANY RATE, who here likes fanfiction? I sure do! Fanfiction is awesome! I also like asking questions about fanfiction, I think I'll do that now to get this conversation back to where it needs to be!

xD Nice save, Anon.

It depends on the genre. If it's a humor/parody, accuracy has no meaning. If it's a more intricate story that depends on the details, I like things logical. Says the author who had a Charmander beat a Steelix. ^^; I need to rewrite that chapter.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    o.O One night's sleep...I come back, and the FFL has gone bonkers.

Whoa whoa whoa, WHAT? -narrows eyes-

*blinks*
    I'm just gonna let that slide

It depends on the genre. If it's a humor/parody, accuracy has no meaning. If it's a more intricate story that depends on the details, I like things logical. Says the author who had a Charmander beat a Steelix. ^^; I need to rewrite that chapter.

Well a Charmander makes sense. Fire is super effective against Steel, if I am not totally mistaken. Of course, ember isn't that strong either.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Well, I tried to make it sensical. The said Charmander got between the armored segments and delivered a close-range Ember to a patch of the inner body...and the pain from the hit made the Steelix pass out. And two pages later the Charmander nearly gets beaten by a Spearow.

Urgh...now I want to rewrite it...but I've done that too many times and I just need to finish this fic... -glares at Fuega-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back