• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Well, I tried to make it sensical. The said Charmander got between the armored segments and delivered a close-range Ember to a patch of the inner body...and the pain from the hit made the Steelix pass out. And two pages later the Charmander nearly gets beaten by a Spearow.

Urgh...now I want to rewrite it...but I've done that too many times and I just need to finish this fic... -glares at Fuega-

LOL, I know how you feel. My story is so complex; I have so many plot issues, which leads to an "identity" problem for my main character. If I don't know where he is from because of the plot, then I can't identify him.

I am feeling discouraged, but that is probably from being dragged around shopping, little sleep, book report, chores, school starting soon... It's all annoying.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • -walks in glaring-

Thank you. So much.

Which is more important to you, accuracy or entertainment value?

I am not entertained by inaccuracy, so accuracy it is.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Depends on the inaccuracies. Sometimes, I can ignore an inaccuracy if the rest of it is entertaining or if it's a blatant comedy. Other times, the inaccuracy can be jarring and might actually take away from the entertainment value.

Like, for example, Exploding Charizard.

You explained Exploding Charizard in great detail a long time ago in this thread and I forgot to ask you for a link to the fan fiction the Charizard featured in. I'll remember someday.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Moving on from the debacle of the last few pages, thank God:

I try to be as accurate as possible, but sometimes I tweak the rules a tad. For instance, my two main human characters are swordfighters, and I'm developing two different fighting styles for them. The styles I'm basically making from scratch, but they use a lot if not most of the principles of swordfighting. I also boost the abilities of the characters and the traits of the weapons they use beyond normal, but that's kind of what fantasy is all about.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I HAVE RETURNED! And apparently, so have the servers.

I can overlook minor things for the sake of entertainment, but glaring errors will stick out like a sore thumb. As for my writing, it seems like I'm always messing little things up as far as remaining accurate is concerned, but most of it's caught in the betaing stages.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hurrah for the return of the forums. Hey, let's play I spy!

I spy, with my little eye, something - or rather, someone - missing from the fanfiction section.

...have you spotted it yet? Here's a hint - look at the bottom of the writer's lounge or main fan fiction page, below the list of threads...

Da answer:
    Spoiler:

Once again, good luck, and hope to see you back one day. You did a good job, IMHO.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years

I spy, with my little eye, something - or rather, someone - missing from the fanfiction section.

...have you spotted it yet? Here's a hint - look at the bottom of the writer's lounge or main fan fiction page, below the list of threads...

Da answer:
    Spoiler:

Once again, good luck, and hope to see you back one day. You did a good job, IMHO.

I'm glad to see that PC is back up, but, There's no mod? Who is going to keep semi-order in the FFL not to mention who's going to lock all the crap that some of the noobs (no offense to said noobs) call fan fiction here?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

Da answer:

Spoiler:

I'm glad to see that PC is back up, but, There's no mod? Who is going to keep semi-order in the FFL not to mention who's going to lock all the crap that some of the noobs (no offense to said noobs) call fan fiction here?
    Ah yes. Let the new mod speculation begin. I'm guessing that someone would already have been chosen, or leastways the higher up powers already have some idea? We'll have to wait and see though.

As for now, I'm pretty sure this place isn't quite unguarded... I reported a thread and someone else from the staff came and deleted it pretty darn quickly. I guess as there's no mod here, all staff are notified of reports, perhaps? So you rebels probably shouldn't start getting ideas. ;)

Buoysel

Years
  • Ah yes. Let the new mod speculation begin. I'm guessing that someone would already have been chosen, or leastways the higher up powers already have some idea? We'll have to wait and see though.

That's probably true. But they are also busy with trying to figure out the bugs of the new server too. (my avatar for instance)

We are going to to have to wait until the selected person logs in before the upper staff can ask said member if they want the promotion (who wouldn't).

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    New server, yays. PC is loading much faster on my laptop now!

This place needs a topic...

Crossovers. What do you think of them? Good, bad, or does it depend?

I ask this because I have a crossover planned (I'm not telling what fandom with) that is very, very elaborate, with extensively thought-out reasons for why everything is possible. No random portals here, thank you very much. It involves the Mirage System...

I'm good with crossovers that actually have some amount of reason behind them. Portals appearing in mid-air make me hit the back button. But something reasonable...I'll give it a shot. Sometimes the interaction possibilities (as well as similarities between characters from different series) can make for interesting plot, if actually used. But I will say that there are far too many noob crossovers.

Buoysel

Years
  • New server, yays. PC is loading much faster on my laptop now!

Too bad there are some problems.

I like crossovers. It is a nice break form the OT fics. My first fic is a cross over, but its not complete yet. K(

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Who is going to keep semi-order in the FFL not to mention who's going to lock all the crap that some of the noobs (no offense to said noobs) call fan fiction here?
    YES offense to said noobs, IMO. I guess us normal users are going to have to work overtime to make sure that no noobs or other rule-ignorant writers go unscathed. Last night I had to report a fic that was completely NC-17, and without a content advisory, too. Worse yet, his grammar absolutely sucked!

Bottom line, it always depends on how well written the story is in my mind. But with crossovers, I generally have much less patience for nooby material. I guess it's because I consider a lot of them to be really dumb in concept. (Forget exploding Charizard, let's see an exploding Sephiroth. That'd be sweet.)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ah yes. Let the new mod speculation begin. I'm guessing that someone would already have been chosen, or leastways the higher up powers already have some idea? We'll have to wait and see though.

As for now, I'm pretty sure this place isn't quite unguarded... I reported a thread and someone else from the staff came and deleted it pretty darn quickly. I guess as there's no mod here, all staff are notified of reports, perhaps? So you rebels probably shouldn't start getting ideas. ;)

Astinus was an amazing moderator but she felt it was best if she moved on. The higher staff get reports as well so they can look after the Fan Fiction board until a new moderator is chosen. It won't be long until a new moderator is chosen, if my suspicions are correct. Therefore, none of you need to worry about the state of the board declining.

Crossovers are great. They really are. If they end up a complete failure, you can laugh at them and if they're good (which is a rare occurrence), you easily like it. Of course, it really depends on the writer and the fandoms being used, doesn't it? I remember watching Power Rangers meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (that's right, Jax, I'm a hypocrite) and it was the best crossover I have every heard of. Harry Potter and The Lion King had me rolling on the ground laughing, it really did. I was actually planning to do a crossover fan fic as a chain story; 24 and Pokémon. Would anyone be interested?

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • Astinus was great and we're all going to miss her. But until they find a new, this is what us non-n00bs have to do, keep order. We can do it! And happy for the new server with a few minor problems!

I enjoy them if they have meaning behind it. There have been a few good ones that have kept me interested. As long as they bring reasoning into why or how they crossed over, then it is a good idea.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    -doesn't know what 24 is- -shot- Sorry for my ignorance. >.<

The crossover I was planning on doing...it's Digimon and Pokemon. I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just post the preview summary from my FFnet profile.

The Mirage Chronicles: System Seekers: Pokemon/Digimon02 crossover. When the Mirage System was destroyed, the virtual Pokemon within it were reconfigured in the Digital World. Mirage Mewtwo - now called Mewtwomon - is prepared to do whatever it takes to complete the last task given to him by his programmer. Mirage Mew - now called Mewmon - is prepared to do whatever it takes to stop his counterpart from destroying everything in his mission. What part does the technology of the Pokemon World play in the existence of the Digital World? Why are seemingly normal Digimon going on violent rampages? And what is the mysterious "M Code?"...

I really thought this out. And there's a planned sequel. I won't be doing either for a long time, though.

Buoysel

Years
  • -doesn't know what 24 is- -shot- Sorry for my ignorance. >.<

Twenty Four is a show where you (the viewer) follows jack around one hour each episode. There are typical 24 episodes in a season so one season is one day in the life of Jack Bower. The episodes are packed with action and drama. I have not watched much of it, but I think he is some kind or special ops for the government.
    happy for the new server with a few minor problems!
    I am personally having a lot of problems with the new server. It even put me into the unverified status, (another words I couldn't post, and I only had room for 10 messages in PM) I had to delete all of my messages just to send a message for help.
    The higher staff get reports as well so they can look after the Fan Fiction board until a new moderator is chosen. It won't be long until a new moderator is chosen, if my suspicions are correct. Therefore, none of you need to worry about the state of the board declining.
    I know that they pick one of the people who are in the forum a lot to be the new mod. So I wonder which one of us it will be?

Bay

Years
  • That idea sounds interesting, Aqua. I watched that Mirage episode and it was good. XD And Oni, 24 and Pokemon? Tell you the truth not exactly sure how you'll do that (besides having it being a chain fic), but sounds interesting. :D

Depends if it's written well, reason behind it, and also if it makes sense. So far the only good one I read was a Lucky Star/Pokemon one I quite liked. XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    -doesn't know what 24 is- -shot- Sorry for my ignorance. >.<

The crossover I was planning on doing...it's Digimon and Pokemon. I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just post the preview summary from my FFnet profile.

The Mirage Chronicles: System Seekers: Pokemon/Digimon02 crossover. When the Mirage System was destroyed, the virtual Pokemon within it were reconfigured in the Digital World. Mirage Mewtwo - now called Mewtwomon - is prepared to do whatever it takes to complete the last task given to him by his programmer. Mirage Mew - now called Mewmon - is prepared to do whatever it takes to stop his counterpart from destroying everything in his mission. What part does the technology of the Pokemon World play in the existence of the Digital World? Why are seemingly normal Digimon going on violent rampages? And what is the mysterious "M Code?"...

I really thought this out. And there's a planned sequel. I won't be doing either for a long time, though.

Nah, you're not ignorant. I only watched a few episodes of it myself. I'd explain it for you but kcander90 managed to to write an explanation before me so what's the point?

As for the Digimon/Pokémon fic, it looks okay. I was a fan of Digimon back in the day but after the first generation I lost all interest.

I know that they pick one of the people who are in the forum a lot to be the new mod. So I wonder which one of us it will be?

I have a pretty good idea of who it'll be but I won't say anything.

And Oni, 24 and Pokemon? Tell you the truth not exactly sure how you'll do that (besides having it being a chain fic), but sounds interesting. :D

Well, it's a chain story and it can only have twenty-four posts. Once twenty-four posts have been posted, the story comes to an end. Each post counts as one hour in the Pokémon world.

And the plot? Well, that's another story.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Problem is, I have too many ideas and not enough time...between Fuega, the Sixth Warrior rewrite, finishing the lead-up to the TCG fic, this crossover, and the thousands of other projects I'm working on...urgh, I just need to finish My Name Is Fuega and make some headway on The Sixth Warrior version 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back