• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Have you ever positioned a plot twist so that the only hints it would happen was vague foreshadowing? Bonus points if someone accused you of being random and you proved them wrong.
    Not so much plot twits as small, easily overlooked details. Without spoiling too much, three examples are a brief monologue given by Lisa's 67-year old rival, the alleged ineptitude of one of the police officers, and a passing storm.

One of your characters gets drunk, what did they drink?
    Lisa, drink alcohol? heavens, no! She's an underage college student who's serious about her studies. The most potent thing she'll drink is pink lemonade, shaken, not stirred.

With that said, there is a scientist in my fic, Dr. Tony Jackson, who goes to the aptly named bar, "TJ McTipsy's" when he's stressed out and getting reprimanded by his superior. He likes Jack Daniels, but would go for good 'ol Kentucky moonshine if he could get his hands on it XD

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • One of your characters gets drunk, what did they drink?
    I'll use the the characters from my old story, AJYWSF, to answer this question.

Kouki would probably get drunk off one or two bottles of 30 year old white wine.
    Hikari would end up drinking waaay too much red wine and then pass out.
    Jun would just get wasted on a buttload of goon.
    Roark would have a few too many VB's at the Oreburgh Pub.
    Kira and Dax would make even bigger fools of themselves after a huge binge on whatever they could get their hands on.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

Depends on my mood. I'll just list all the characters that have been known in the story.

Neo - Beer
    Sarina - Wine
    Arlan - Some kind of mushy drink
    Exis - Too much to list.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Hay guys! *waves happily*

I've done thinkin' a bit.
    However, the social creature I am, I wish to hear your opinions.

You see, I like writing nonsense for fun. Funny poems, short scenes, meaningless train of thought -texts... It's sometimes very relaxing to write a bit without actually making it into a bigger story yourself. That's also why I enjoy the Corpse and also RP:ing. However, all the RP:s I try to participate in cease to exist and the Corpse is very slow. That's why I've been trying to come up with an idea that would fuse them both together.

I got an idea, but I don't know if it's good. I want your critical little critic eyes to look at this idea and tell me just how bad it is.

So, we would have a thread for this game. A game master would begin the game by writing the rules and the short beginning, not more than two pages on a text editor. The beginning of the game story would introduce the protagonist and some aspects of the situation the said protagonist is in.
    After the beginning, anyone could come in and post more to the story, continuining where the game master left. Again, this continuation would not be too long, as it should also be less than two pages on a text editor. Easy enough, eh?

Of course, you have to have a set of rules or a complete anarchy will break free. The rules would thus state the minimum and maximum lenghts of the pieces of the story (from four lines to two pages, for example) and the maximum number of new characters in one piece (let's say eight for now), forbid the removal of the protagonist from the story and plot twists that are too unreal and sudden ("...and suddenly all the guns turned into pink and yellow butterflies and all the members of Team Galactic started to hug each other and...") and so on. Also, I think it would also be good to add in a reminder of the general rules of these forums and our beloved section (you know, no double posting, no explicit sex, ultra-bloody gore or exremely foul language, plz not to mess with fonts and so on).

So. Would that work? Would that suck? Would you participate?
    What are your thoughts about this?
    Also, have I forgotten something gravely important here?
    Any comments are greatly appreciated!

And a random note: I really, really feel like eating chocolate right now.

Bay

Years
  • I actually seen a game like that happened before in other forums. Someone starts a short story and then another person post the next part of the story. Those games are actually quite fun and I have participated in a couple of them. That also gives the people the chance to spiffy up their writing skills. I would participate. :D

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    My Yu-Gi-Oh fic 'Timeless Love' has been updated. One more chapter left until it's finished

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Here's a question about the Serial Game: will you be screening people's submissions before letting them be posted? Considering how few people actually take the time to read the rules of the forum, that'd probably be wise. I think it could turn out great, but it also has the potential to be messed-up pretty badly if the rules aren't enforced effectively.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I kind of already did the whole game ^-^'

I got a thumbs-up from Astinus, so I went ahead and did it.

Anyway, I pondered the problem you mentioned, icomeanon. However, I came to the conclusion that rather than judge which pieces get in - which would be both immensily troublesome and also quite unfair - I'm just going to trust that people read the rules. If they don't, their messages will be deleted.
    So, anyone can post and thus participate in the game, but not all posts will stay in the game. If they are stupid enough to break the rules, their pieces will be erased from existence - permanently. *smirk*

Currently my problem isn't rule-breaking posts, though. I just wish someone would post... :laugh: Since I can't break the rules myself and double-post, someone else has to continue the story. I think that if no-one hasn't posted anything on the game thread by next Monday, I will have to change the beginning a bit. I could be that it wasn't a very good beginning for a game like that and people don't know what to write.

I don't know. I'm going to give the thing some more time for now.

But don't worry... I will gladly enforce the rules as effectively as I possibly can *evil laughter*

Bay

Years
  • I think now these days we're worrying too much that people are not reading the rules. True, more younger people are joining in the forums these days and just want to have as much fun as possible, but I think most members are responsible and can take a few minutes of their time to read the rules and make sure they won't break them. We're just not giving them enough credit.

If I were the gamemaster, then I'll trust that everyone who wants to participate has read the rules. Yeah, I would leave it like that. However An-chan, if you're still worried about rule-breakers, perhaps maybe if someone is able to find one of the posts breaking the rules, have them PM/VM you?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • One of your characters gets drunk, what did they drink?

Well, I've more recently become hateful towards booze and such. But, I suppose for the sake of the topic, I guess if Silver got drunk, he'd have had a bunch of fruity drinks that Gold made him try for the lulz. I can't spell any of the funky names, though. Sorry.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011

Going with Edward, he'd probably go for some sort of wine. Catherine and Zev would abstain from drinking for various reasons, though Zev would fall for the spiked punch trick.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Here's a new question for you all:

Have you ever modified a Pokemon's appearance (Pikachu with black fur, Gastrodon with one horn, etc.) exclusively for your fic?

In the earlier version of Metal Coat, Kris the Persian actually had a blue gem and stood on her hind legs. It was edited out later on (meaning, when it came to PokeCom).

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Have you ever modified a Pokemon's appearance (Pikachu with black fur, Gastrodon with one horn, etc.) exclusively for your fic?

It's isn't my original design, but yes. There will be Pokemon with different markings and stuff in my fic. If my Beta- reader and I ever finish with the chapters I've written already and I start writing again. =P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Have you ever modified a Pokemon's appearance (Pikachu with black fur, Gastrodon with one horn, etc.) exclusively for your fic?

Er... Neo has a Pikachu with markings on it to become his regular pokemon... Also, originally, Neo would have a Gyarados that was shiny and with gold fangs, but that was cut out. The original unreleased parts would show up in the end of my first book. Those times were annoying and halted me severely.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Have you ever modified a Pokemon's appearance (Pikachu with black fur, Gastrodon with one horn, etc.) exclusively for your fic?

I don't think I've ever messed around with appearance, but one thing I do is have the Pokemon make animal-like noises instead of having them say their names. I do it this way because of the games, and how nice the growling sound effects are. One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of the anime is because the way the Pokemon say their names like that seems too unconvincing and artificial to me. Meowth's an exception, because he actually talks. I've always gotten the feeling that Meowth would rather be a Digimon...

Bay

Years
    Not really, unless size counts. XD In one of my old fics I had a Whiscash much bigger than the average one and in NE I had Balin the Ninetales smaller than other Ninetales.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hi there, I'm not "new" to PC as you can check my join dat, but I''m pretty fresh around these parts. I had recently posted my very first fan fiction a few days ago, but I closed it because while writing a new chapter for it a new idea flashed through my mind and I dropped the old one and began writing the new one immediately Noe I think I have something going with it, the title of this new FanFiciton will be called Pokemon The Hoenn Road...I haven't posted it up as yet because I want to write more into it first. But anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hellow and that I guess you'll be seeing me around these parts more often.

...f l a s h...

Oh yeah, just wondering...what do we talk about here? do people randomly create topics and we discuss it involving our characters from our own FanFics or what? Just Curious and preventing myself from spamming anywhere...Thank you!

Bay

Years
  • Hey, f l a s h! :)

Hm, getting new ideas are good, but also would be a good idea (pun XD) to have those ideas be put in your current fic so that you won't have a million fics to do. XD Good luck with that next project though and I'll review it when I have time! :)

As for what we do here, sometimes we put topics and talk about our fics and characters relating to it. Also there would be times we ask questions or ideas and get the other member's opinions. There were a couple times though we would be random and just be silly, like the lounge orgy we had last summer (gawds that was fun XD) and the lounge musical. EVERYONE, WE SHOULD REVIVE THOSE! *gets shot*

So yeah, this is a fun and active (most of the time ^^; ) lounge and you'll like it here. Don't worry, we don't bite. :)

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ha Ha! Okay and thank you for the warm welcome here! I know, I don't want to have a ton of closed FanFics of mines drifting about, but tis new one I'm working on, I'm putting full fort effort into it, so I'll gladly appreciate all the constructive critisism from everyone. It helps me become a better writer as the matter of fact! So, I guess I'll drop by sometime soon! For it is very late here in Florida and I should be getting some sleep. TTYL Everyeon, can't wait to meet more of you!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Umm...no. Not that I can remember, anyway. I've had plot ideas where that was in effect, but I didn't like the story after I thought about them for a while, so they were scrapped. I can't even remember what Pokemon or alteration I made, anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back