• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
HP/xmen does sound interesting. To me, it would have to be done very well though, because even though those two things are also one of my fave mediums, well, smashing them together could be like just making an excuse to put them together because one likes them (especially if the story would have sucked).

Generally I don't mind them, as long as they make sense. In RPing, it is more common to see though, and that I take liberty to.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
Do you like crossovers? What is it about crossovers that you like/dislike? What fandoms were in your favourite?

Depends on if it's well-written. I've read many pitiful attempts at crossovers, so I try to stay as far away as I can from them.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Do you like crossovers? What is it about crossovers that you like/dislike? What fandoms were in your favourite?

Going to have to agree with dotKarma. If they're good or otherwise cracky, yes. If not, it can go horribly, horribly wrong. Basically, if they're good, then it's interesting to see how the two (or more) fandoms play off each other and actually fit together... or, alternatively, how they totally don't. Additionally, crossovers have the potential of being cracky or otherwise answer the interesting question of, "What if X was in Y?" However, all too often, authors choose two fandoms that are completely incompatible and, rather than try to honor that and use it to make the story more interesting, they simply mesh things together in a sloppy soup, usually by completely ignoring the original canon of one or the other. For example, there's the ever-popular Naruto-and-friends-are-Pokémon-trainers concept that's pretty much actually a whole pile of, "These are original characters who just happen to have the same names and look somewhat like these other characters." In other words, you're dealing with multiple fandoms, and you just have to make an effort to remember that when writing a crossover.

As for favorite fandoms, there was a fic on a long and pretty dead site that I loved and (even though looking back on it, its language use was pretty horrific) still think is awesome in terms of concepts was a Sailor Moon/Pokémon crossover in which Jessie and Misty turned out to be Sailor Scouts (Sailor Comet and Sailor Nereid, respectively) who were awakened because Malachite kidnapped the main Scouts. It was full of sparklies.

Other than that, there's this, which is a crossover between The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Doctor Who that just worked and was probably the best tribute-to-a-dead-celebrity fic I've ever read.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009

No, no matter how good they are written, I just do not like them. I don't really know why.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I myself started a Star Wars/Pokemon crossover where a Lucario got dropped on Naboo because Palkia went nuts and started playing with space. Then we had the whole Force/Aura thing, but it was so not working, so meh.

On the other hand, I came across a Star Wars/High School Musical crossover on ff.net. I didn't open it; it was scary. But if anyone here can write one of those well, I will get down on my knees and worship you as a god.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
On the other hand, I came across a Pokemon/High School Musical crossover on ff.net. I didn't open it; it was scary. But if anyone here can write one of those well, I will get down on my knees and worship you as a god.

I'd surmise it would be pretty easy, all you need is a lot of singing, with teen drama, and add in Pokemon, as though a commodity.

I remember seeing a Pocahontas/Pokemon cross over a while ago, I never read it, but was too scared to do so.

Misheard Whisper

Years
That's the worrying thing. Approach only with caution, and take all that protective gear I made you lug around when you went to Serebii.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well if you can think of a crossover, chances are it's already been done...

Telletubbie/hsm crossover

halo/hsm crossover

simpsons/gears of war crossover

family guy/ hannah montana crossover...

Need I continue?

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
That's the worrying thing. Approach only with caution, and take all that protective gear I made you lug around when you went to Serebii.

Oh, well I actually ran into the exterminator when I was on my way to the Serebii Fanfic area, so I just decided to not bother there for a while until the storm passed.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
They can so easily go wrong, and I do like to see plausible explanations for the crossovers, which often lends itself to one of the fandoms being dominant. However, if done well, they can be a very interesting read. ^^

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Yeah, I'd noticed. XD Personally, I know that if I did one, it would be the result of something horribly twisted, like some evil wizard in Harry Potter creating Pokémon from some new source of magic. XDD;

Misheard Whisper

Years
Of course. Hell, if you know what fandom they're from, you're awesome. If you know in what context, you're almost as awesome as I am.

You just Googled it, didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back