• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I'm happy to do full analysis of any fic but it takes a long time so I'll move through any requests quite slowly, one chapter at a time for multi-chapter fics... PM me if you want me to do it. Neko, I'm working on the first chapter of HMW atm, hope you don't mind nitpicky grammatical analysis~

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    IceKing said:
    Join the club :( I think I should redo the first chapter because it might make readers assume my fic is a regular trainer fic, when in fact all the hints to it being a regular trainer was actually making fun of the Anime, but then I relized people actually do it because they have no original ideas

Yeah, I think I'm just going to go back to Serebii. I've got like 4 chapters and no reviews for three of them. Eh.

EDIT: I couldn't help it. This is probably gonna be the last chapter I post here, but I had to post it anyway. Chapter's 5 & 6 of my fic were amongst my favorites. If you haven't been reading it so far, just pick up there. There's a quote in my sig. Depending on the level of interest after this chapter, I will/will not continue to post. Well, cya!

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You've gotta be patient with reviews~ I posted about 5 of my fics on Serebii and none of them got any reviews, the threads just got pruned... but you can't just give up after one go. Keep writing and eventually you'll get reviewed~

Flatulus

God of Wind
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    Jedi_Amara: If you were talking to me when you said you'd be happy to review any fic, then I must tell you something: I do not intend to have someone reveiw my fic just because they were asked to do so and have no real interest in it, that is until I get round to fixing up the more major mistakes in my fic chapters.
    Thanks for the offer, but you just have to look at the review I got from Frostweaver to see why it isn't a good idea to waste your time on it till it's fixed up a bit? unless of course you are able to see the good things about a fic past grammar and spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Myumiri Nyanyaruto!

Upcoming Pokemon fan fiction, I summon you-nya!

My name's Nyaomi, and I'm going to be a Pokemon trainer!

However, it won't be easy hiding my true identity as witch since I end up making weird things happen and my Meowth ears pop up at the worst times, but I hope everything will go well. Try to cheer me own-nya!

Follow me in my crazy adventures in a Nekomajo Asunya original, "Feline Symphony"! Look foward to it-nya!

Do-re-meow! Meow?
    A little trailer for my cutesy fic. Meow.
    And yes, it'll involve a lot of meowing. Those who talk to me on AIM/AOL shouldn't have any problems with it. Others... well, I won't promise that you won't get sick from the somewhat insane cuteness. :P

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Hey, I have two Fanfics. Can someone read them and comment them. I know they have gammer and spelling problems but anyways still look at them. There story plots are good, I guess.

One of them is called Ojos(Eyes). This is my newest one. It about a pokemon Psyhic and she going uncover a big thing but rigth now I am leading up to that.

The other one is The Vulpix Girl. It about a vulpix who was turn in to a human girl. Now she trying to find out how turn back into a vulpix.

Please read and comment my Fanfics

Years
    Re: FanFiction Lounge

I've started a fanfic called "Pokemon: The Chronicles".

Team Rocket's leader, Giovanni, has decided to enslave the Legendary Birds, Mew, and a newly discovered Pokemon, Milo, the pre-evolution stage of Mew to help him conquer the world. Will Ken be able to defend the Legendary Pokemon and his title as Pokemon Master?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Worlds Away

Equipped with a protective suit to guard him against any possible threat present during the dimensional transfer and a robotic companion who...
    A slight grammatical error... right now it's saying how Jack is equipped with the robotic companion, when you want to say that he's accompanied by one... adding "accompanied by" after the "and," and explain how its folding capacity is one way to easily fix this problem. Another is to talk about its folding capacity first before (not after) you mention how Jack is "equipped" with it. Otherwise you'll confuse your audience.

Encased in a white metal sphere, no one could see the look of horror on Jack?s face as he started to hear all manner of humming noises and began to feel as if he was being pulled in all directions at once...

?I always imagined hearing that at a different time but, here goes.?
    Contradicting emotions...? The horror seems to have disappeared suddenly within one paragraph, without ever explaining why...

?What the heck is that? Are you throwing some kind of bomb at me??
    Tone sounds really awkward here... if someone is throwing a potential bomb at you, it's not so humane to answer with this quote... as if it doesn't matter at all. Possible that he is not afraid due to the protective suite, but

-chapter one got so many chances to be expanded on, especially on the feelings of the new world Jack is in. Right now it's a bit... feeling rushed?

-now throughout both chapter one and chapter two, there's plenty of places that deserve more story breaks (or the "* * * "s that you used)... it's not very easy to understand what happened at times, and it'll help greatly if you insert them more often at the appropriate places

-i'm not sure about the robot being mistaken as a Pokemon from the sound of things... narrator when speaking in the perspective of both TR and Ash's party talked of it as a "robot" yet the party think of it as a new Pokemon? o_O;

-don't use midi files as they're disgusting =D wav or mp3 or just something else but midi

-physics notes: the leg bending part will actually increase the damage received, but it forces Onix to take recoil damage because now you got negative velocity from RAA. So that really doesn't neglect the damage but actually amplify it at the cost of Onix doing recoil damage. (not related to the quality of fanfics, of course, but just want to point that out)

-not so realistic at all that Ash is rather "ok" when they left to chase the poachers and then talked about Caterpie... Pikachu is still with Team Rocket o.o; OOC for Ash there

-now I did listen to the music... and while they can be helpful, that doesn't mean you can ignore the tension and mood created by words. Sounds can assist you, but keep in mind that this is a *fanfic* meaning, it relies on words.

-the chapter titles can also use a bit of work... especially the ch.4 one. Titles really try to be compact, and not be lengthy

-right now the story is kind of plain... this idea has been done quite a few times already (but like Breezy said, no gameboys so yay). Still lacking in details in various parts, but details are generally ok. However, nothing is really outstanding... it's just plot followed by plot. Try to work on the more advanced parts of writing, such as trying to include various devices in order to strengthen your story.

Good Points
    -scientific tone of 2345b

Focuses to Improve On
    -character development of all other character pretty much (especially tone... they can be so OOC at times)
    -insert more story breaks to help with readability
    -insert more details

To improve your battle scene sequence, i'll strongly suggest you to read over the part of Iveechan's story regarding the Pokemon tournament... Hitmonchan vs. Poliwrath had an awesome battle scene which makes any other Pokemon writer worth envying about.

Title: 4/5
    Grammar Basics: 9/10
    Coherence/Readability: 9/10
    Characterization: 14/20
    Story Structure: 8/15
    Tone/Atmosphere: 9/15
    Diction: 14/20
    Effort/Originality: 12/15
    Lit. Device bonus: +0

Total: 75

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Thank you for the review! I will definitely take this into account. I will try to improve upon subsequent chapters and maybe revise the chapters a bit. Thanks for the input.

EDIT:
    physics notes: the leg bending part will actually increase the damage received, but it forces Onix to take recoil damage because now you got negative velocity from RAA. So that really doesn't neglect the damage but actually amplify it at the cost of Onix doing recoil damage.

Oh, i think i either wrote it wrong or something 'cause it was supposed to portray that R.A.A.'s legs were moving at the same rate in the same direction as onyx's upward travelling body. Like, if someone punches you in the arm and you move in the same direction as the punch, it's less forceful than if you had stayed still I was trying to implement that kind of scenario. I'll fix it to make it more clear though.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    billy5772 said:
    EDIT:

Oh, i think i either wrote it wrong or something 'cause it was supposed to portray that R.A.A.'s legs were moving at the same rate in the same direction as onyx's upward travelling body. Like, if someone punches you in the arm and you move in the same direction as the punch, it's less forceful than if you had stayed still I was trying to implement that kind of scenario. I'll fix it to make it more clear though.

lol... well it's another prove that you need to be more clear in your diction. If you're pulling R.A.A's legs upward, then you're applying a force upward, which will results in you being pushed downward due to Newton's law... also, you're at the same time increasing your surface area, creating more air resistance to slow your travel upward, lowering your upward velocity ^_^

"Pulling your legs upward" and "an upward jump" has quite a bit of differences... lol

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I've had another idea for a story, but not sure if one is already enough. o.0

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    >Hmm.... is it a good idea to write a fic based on an prg you are playing? Since hte plaot is there and everything!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    well... isn't that the definition of a fanfic- to write a fic based on something else? lol

Of course you can... that is what writing a fanfic is all about to begin with.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Not entirely based on, though, right? >_> As in copying the *exact* format of Pokemon. [May finds Prof. Birch surrounded by Poochyenas, Mudkip uses water gun, meets Ash, etc etc]

Flatulus

God of Wind
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    Chapter 7 of Destiny of Understanding is up, critism will be apriated so as to improve it when I get round to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back