• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh, our kangaroos are far superior. Heck, they can kick and punch people! Really! IDK about NZ's sheep navy though - they outnumber everyone's army's put together! =P

And if world peace ever happens, hence killing off a need for an army... we can always eat them! =D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I have a cool pic of a kangaroo when I was in Australia.

Lol nice size too XD Make it difficult for them to read. XD

EDIT: I forget the difference between Kangaroos and Wallabies though, but I think Wallabies are smaller.

I even got to eat some Kangaroo meat.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    Mmm... It was 2200 x 4000, but I had to downsize... :-(

[EDIT:] What was that about the Sheep Navy? That's on loan from the Brits...
    What you've really got to watch out for is the inter-dimensional vacuum cleaner!! XD

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Here we are, nice and megabig for everyone to "Awww" at, despite the fact that it is probably doing something else...

Caliban

Years
    You mean I just exceeded my bandwidth to see a Kangaroo ****ing??!!

*laughs mirthlessly*

At least mine was educational... XD

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    We need a bold topic. XD

At what point do you give your chapters a title? How do you usually choose a title?
    I'll almost always title my chapters before writing the chapter. As for how I do it, usually my chapters consist of a collection of scenes, each bounded loosely by a common theme, and that theme will be the title of the chapter.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Hell, we have 40 million sheep for 4 million people. Like, 80% of us are city-dwellers, so that leaves the remaining 800,000 people with *calculates* 50 sheep each. What's to do?

Anyway, I title my chapters randomly. Usually just before I post them =D

And Jax, that video is pure win.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Don't forget that at least half of those 800000 rural-dwellers are children, so that number moves to about 100 sheep each. XD

Caliban

Years
    But you forgot about Ag Day!!!!
    My sister has two sheep, I have four, and my foster brother has one. My dad has around fifty... XD

Uh... Chapters... Not that you've seen it, but I read my chapter over again, find something random in it and extrapolate a title from that.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    At what point do you give your chapters a title? How do you usually choose a title?

I generally avoid giving my chapters titles because I fail epically at titles of any kind. I have a few fics which have titled chapters, but not all that many.
    (I go away for a few days and we're on conversations about kangaroos procreating? Wow!)

Snitch

How long, how long?
    Years
    And then I came and we won the war. D:

If I am to title my chapters, I think the title after the chapter unless I had a specific title in mind at the time.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

If I know exactly where the chapter is going, I usually name it first. Half of the chapters named like this get a rename after I finish the chapter, and about half of all chapters get renamed when I'm posting them on a different site. Yes, that's how bad I am with titles. [sighs]

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
    Currently, I've already named all my chapters since I plan ahead a lot. I usually choose a title randomly, something that vaguely describes what's going on in the chapter.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    And Jax, that video is pure win.

Thanks kindly, although the video has been on the internets since forever. It brings back memories to my middle school days. You know, back when Newgrounds and Albinoblacksheep were actually visited by everyone and their mothers.

We need a bold topic. XD

Indeed we do.

I often do it after I finish a chapter, and the trend lately has been that I do it after I get it back from my beta and/or just as I'm about to post it. Usually, I take whatever seems to describe the chapter content the most, but both AEM and MKD currently have themes in addition to that.

For MKD, I choose one or two words that not only relate to the chapter content but also are terms in either literature or theater. For example, the first chapter is Soliloquy, obviously a stage term. There's also Antagonist, Backdrop, and Boom. Pretty simple and straightforward.

AEM does things slightly differently. Once again, I scour chapters for the main idea and then try to summarize it in the title, but for AEM, I try to make a sentence out of it. Sometimes, these sentence-titles end up being something I completely pull out of my rear ("I'll bring down the stars for you"), but other times, I pull lines from songs ("Helter-skelter, birds flew off with the fallout shelter," from the song "American Pie"), books ("Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams," the paraphrased first line of Kafka's Metamorphosis), or poems ("The affable Archangel had forewarned Adam to beware," from Paradise Lost). I'm also planning on using a few titles that are quotes from people or other fictional characters, but we'll see. In any case, some of these quotes (but not all) tend to be modified slightly to fit. Yes, I'm making a game out of trying to get the audience to figure out where each title comes from. Just in case you're ever bored trying to figure out what's also an allusion in this story.

Bay

Years
    NE I actually already planned out the chapter titles before I wrote the story because I had a theme in mind. The story was originally going to be sixteen chapters, so I had each chapter named after the plates (Sky, Insect, Spooky, Mind etc.). However, the story became longer than I have planned, so I then decided to change the titles, but not until after I finished editing the chapter. The new chapter titles are basically what happened in each chapter. One trivia fact, though--I kept two of the plate title chapters actually ("Zap, and you're safe" and "Sky High Battle"). XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Should I continue working on my fic tomorrow (I am currently at 500 words)?

XD I might be a bit distracted with playing my xbox but I do want to get writing on it further, if not finish it tomorrow.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't title my chapters, actually. Heck, all of my one-shots don't have titles except for the prompts they're based on. (For instance, one could be titled "30_caresses: In the dark", and that's the title of the entire thing.)

I might be a bit distracted with playing my xbox but I do want to get writing on it further, if not finish it tomorrow.
    Replace "playing my xbox" with "learning how to start a business" and you get my situation.

Let us procrastinate on our fanfics together.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Replace "playing my xbox" with "learning how to start a business" and you get my situation.

Let us procrastinate on our fanfics together.

Hooray! XD

Though at least your stuff sounds uber serious especially compared to mine.

What is the business? *has money to invest* XD >.>

Though, once school starts again, I'll probably be quite busy...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    ...I can't believe I missed somebody ELSE bringing up Flight of the Conchords. ;_; I'd have had an actual excuse to fangirl! Nuuu.

When I've finished the chapter, am about to post it and realize, "Oh, yeah, I haven't titled this yet."

Although when I start writing the chapter, I write a little heading into my Word document with a working title, but the working title is usually something like "Stuff Happens" or "More Stuff Happens". Unless it's a legendary battle chapter, in which case it's the name of the legendary, because I do that for some reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back