• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

EkaSwede

Bouncy Bitter Bagel
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2015
I doubt I'll ever reach a 100th post....
Though I do remember ona nother forum dedicating my 2500th post on how I liked the SabreTurbo.... o_O

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I doubt I'll ever reach a 100th post....
Though I do remember ona nother forum dedicating my 2500th post on how I liked the SabreTurbo.... o_O
Post count doesn't actually do anything so don't worry about it.
Although, when you reach 5000 posts, you get a free blog. XD
If you want to raise postcount anyway, go to the OC and OVP sections.
Just stating possibilities.
Otherwise, be really active in the FFL. Haha.XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
>_>
<_<

My 2,000th post was talking about how I don't watch shows like Cow and Chicken. Post well spent?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Lash said:
Cannabis-fics XD
Off to TV Tropes! :rambo:

Lash said:
lol, I used my 1000th post talking about weed and writing.
No wonder this is the FFL, though. Oh and we'll never let you live it down.

Mizan Nix Zamnie said:

You, sir, have just won The Game and an Awesome Smiley:

It is good to see that the Lounge is active again. And that we all love each other, in a COMPLETELY PLATONIC WAY. Sans Val and the moderator, I'd guess... So this is a happy Chainsaw Chainsey Love Land. Man this completely sounds like one of those crazy Super Mario World levels...

And hey! Citrinin is back! :classic: Now, so long no one else disappears like that.

I was just checking those posts where people post their NaNoWriMo advancement. You guys (those who are trying it) are impressive. I'd have to be crazy to try such thing. So, as things go, next year then!

What level of attachment do you have with your friends/comrades/sentret flamethrower buddies from the FFL?

I dunno . :\ I'd guess the highest level of attachment/confidence would be with txteclipse, Aurincha and Dagzar. But what do such levels of attachment actually encompass I'm not sure. I share things about my life and ask about theirs as well. I'm also a bit vigilant about their activity... in a vigilant-as-in-just-checking-that-they're-doing-well-every-time-I-log-in sort of thing.

I wanted to answer just one specific of the bold topics because it kinda triggered a question.

When was the last time you gave a review?

Here at PC that was about one moth ago, when, as usual about once a month, I gave a review to Dagzar's work "Mentor".. Other than that, I reviewed an author's work at Serebii about one week ago, and that's pretty much it. Since those two are the two fics I'm taking time to enjoy (others I only briefly skim through, unfortunately), I intend to make clear that I am reading them as a sort of encouragement.

Which is why, a couple of pages ago, I took particular notice if Sgt. Shock's signature, where he states (his) "Must read fan fictions on the forums" here at PC, and then I thought...

Do you people promote or recommend other people's fics around? Why/Why not? Do you think it is OK/unnecessary/overrated/annoying/cookies?

I'll take the time to answer my own question during next week. Suffices to say that, as I said above, I don't have that much time, so I like the people whose works I read to know that I enjoy their works and that I take the time to read and enjoy them.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I am looking for a writing partner. Someone to write fanfics with. I find that I have a hard time writing fanfics by myself. So I want to write with someone. The stories we write together can be any of the following:

Pokemon: This I love the best. I mostly do OC type of stories that are adventures but if I'm writing with a very talented arthor I could do IC stories as well.

Inuyasha: Not very good period. But I could write it with your help.

Naruto: I've written one before and gave up on it. But I'd be willing to try again.

Animorphs: Terrible at it. But willing to try.

Smallville: Same with Animorphs.

Sailor Moon: Don't really know. It's been a long time since I wrote one of these but I can try.

Rayearth: Never wrote but willing to try.

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z: I could only do a one shot of these. I didn't list GT because I can't do GT. Never watched it before.

Ok, if it's from one of those categorys I can do it. But be aware, I don't do Crossovers. There way too hard for me even with help. Ok, if you've like to write fics with me let me know. I probabbly won't be online much, cause I get sick a lot. But I'll do the best I can, ok. Also please don't flame me for this, with stuff like,"Why don't you try writing by yourself?" I have tried writing by myself. Been trying for years and I still have trouble. That's why I made this request. Trust me if I could write by myself I would.

Bay

Years
Yet he's one of the most respected writers mankind has produced.

I don't condone drug use at all, except for medicinal purposes. And yes, I know that can be interpreted multiple ways, but you should know what I mean. Things like ibuprofen and paracetamol. I won't take drugs for the sheer act of taking them and/or 'getting high'. Same with alcohol. I'm only 14, but I can already see myself as a uni student teetotaller. :/ :<
Hey, you don't need to be a teetotaller when you're in uni. I'm proud to say I haven't drink alcohol during uni. :P

And Lash, man you have to mention drugs and alcohol, huh? XD;

Redstar, yes despite his shortcomings, Hemingway is a true artist. He's my favorite author, so yeah. :) *nods*

Konekodemon, we already mentioned here it's best to write your own story and not have someone else do it. Also, "Why don't you try writing by yourself?" isn't flamming, it's giving you advice. Look, I'll just say it bluntly. If you can't write a story yourself, then why continue writing and asking for help?

Do you ever need special conditions that are required for you to write?
Not really. I can write in any condition. However, sometimes a drink and good music will motivate me more to write. :P

To solovino's question...

Do you people promote or recommend other people's fics around? Why/Why not? Do you think it is OK/unnecessary/overrated/annoying/cookies?
I used too before, but not anymore and here's why. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If I have some fics listed that I would recommend, someone is bound to ask, "why not my fic?" Also, if I keep saying read this fic and such, a better fic would be overlooked. Recommendations can be good to boost readership and reviews, but then other fics will be overshadowed. That is actually kind of why I started the Index in the first place, so that the members can read the fics of their choosing and not be plagued by just ones their friends recommended.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Don't even answer me if your not going to agree to write with me. I don't want advice I want offers ok.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I used to, but not so much recently, primarily because I haven't posted in either of my fanfic threads for over seven months. :V

Bay brings up a good point, although I think I would still be okay advertising for close friends/fics I really admire. If people are offended, then oh well, they'll get over it.

Don't even answer me if your not going to agree to write with me. I don't want advice I want offers ok.

I'm sorely tempted to agree, and then show you the definition of the phrase "writing backlog." I have two primary fics and a NaNoWriMo to write between homework, sleep, classes, and procrastination, but if you want to fit another fic at the end of that list, then be my guest. I can probably do...oh...a chapter every two years or so.

Seriously, you'd be better off writing the thing yourself. You formatted your first post correctly, which means you can at least write something without it being an error-riddled eyesore, which already works in your favor in a big way. Then just post it and keep your fingers crossed for reviews.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Yesterday in fact. I'm following Convergent Paths because it's pretty well written, has all female protagonists, and is unique among journey fics in that the three protagonists start out in separate places and chapters shift focus between the three. I also review Deeds of Darkness but that's about it for my reviewing.

Aside from the answer to the question above, no I don't. Heck, I don't promote my own nowadays. I don't promote because I need precious sig space for other matters, like my expanding PC family. I don't mind if others do it but it's personally not my thing.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How hard is it? I just want to have fun and write with someone. Don't have a cow. Jeezes!

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
Years
The last thing I reviewed was LeSabre's fic. I'm not much of a reviewer, but I read a lot of stories.

I don't promote anyone's fic, but I respect those who do. I don't find these promotions annoying when I see them - sometimes it's the only way to attain reviews.

Last edited:

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years

Check my signature. If it is worth reading, I'll tell people about it. I haven't had the time to read the lot of fan fiction so give me time. :D I'm determined to read everyone's fan fiction. I don't think it is annoying.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Redstar, yes despite his shortcomings, Hemingway is a true artist. He's my favorite author, so yeah. :) *nods*
Very much so. He's my favorite writer, right up there with Bradbury. Reading the first few pages of The Old Man and the Sea always excites my writer's side.

Haven't before, but mostly because I haven't read anything that really struck me as truly innovative or creative. I hope that changes soon.

Weeks and weeks ago. I usually only review one-shots, since if I get into a chapter work I can be overwhelmed. Reviewing Val's Deus Ex Anima took up a lot of time, since I really put a lot of work into reading it and trying to explain my thoughts. I don't think I'll get into a chapter fic for awhile.

Though I don't review often, I try to give one for every new user that stops by and those that seem to truly have written something worth congratulating.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
How hard is it? I just want to have fun and write with someone. Don't have a cow. Jeezes!
With all due respect, you're the one having a cow. Nobody here is flaming you; you're just overreacting. This is a community of (largely) established writers who, as a general rule, it seems, aren't fond of collaborations. The Lounge isn't really a place for advertising anyway.

You have brought the drama llama on us all. :/

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

Then you obviously don't know the lounge well enough. None of us here particularly like the idea of collaboration fics. Kosher Nice idea, but this isn't the place to ask.

Once again, the Lounge becomes a good source of lulz for me. =D

I don't read enough, really. :\

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh Luke... You inquisitive little brat XD

I haven't finished that game yet mind you :S

Darn... I can't think of a bold topic... Otherwise I would have written one here, to make it look less offtopic, however, I'll counter such a thing with a cute picture:

f_cutepuppym_1069e43.png

Also anyone have any suggestions on a new avatar and signature?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Darn... I can't think of a bold topic... Otherwise I would have written one here, to make it look less offtopic, however, I'll counter such a thing with a cute picture:

Speaking of cute things, I'm basing the dragon in my NaNoWriMo novel off of a kitten I saved. The thing was a veritable demon when I first found him outside, sitting in the middle of the road, in the pouring rain, with one eye wounded and swelled shut. After I got him inside and fed him, however, he became the nicest creature I have ever encountered in my life.

Also anyone have any suggestions on a new avatar and signature?

Well, what kinds of things do you like? Besides obvious stuff like fanfiction and pokémon.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Oh my you people are so sensitive. Either agree to help me or don't. But don't post messages complaining about how I do things.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Oh my you people are so sensitive. Either agree to help me or don't. But don't post messages complaining about how I do things.

What do you mean by 'sensitive'? The only person getting hot-headed here is you. Also, no-one is complaining about how you do things. We're just telling you that this isn't the place to ask for a collaboration, because everyone here prefers to write solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back