• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Yeah, like someone can 'reserve' a post say... once every four days or something for them to work on the next part. If they don't finish it by the end of the day the post is disregarded and the story continues as non-scheduled.

Bay

Years
  • Guys, sorry, but I won't be able to do it tonight. Will be out of town within the next half hour or so. D: However, tomorrow I'll just pick up where ever you guys left off tonight. Liking what we got so far. XD

I actually think it's better if we have one Scrooge so that we won't lose track of him. :P

EDIT: *reads the article*

I knew it! Scrooge is an investment banker! :P

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I'll bite. But it has to have Ash alive, at least. I'm putting my OC, Dianne, in. AshOC, actually. She's a lot like me.

I vote crazy crossover! (Power Rangers x Pokemon x CSI x Sonny With A Chance x Sailor Moon x Fairly Odd Parents x Avatar: The Last Airbender x Avatar the movie with blue people x Star Trek x ER x EVERY FREAKIN' SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!!!)

When writing in first person, should the way of writing reflect the character's personality exactly?

Nah. Just generally.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • When writing in first person, should the way of writing reflect the character's personality exactly?
    Well, yeah, I think you'd at least have to put something like that in the narrative. Like, if you have a young kid as your main character and you're using first person, they're not going to think with the vocabulary of a teenager or an adult.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • OK it is posted in the writing lounge now. (Might as well repost it when it's all done again in the fanfiction section because we can - unless, Astinus, you think it might as well be in the main fanfic section and just remain like that - move if you wish - up to you). Go and add to it!

Crazy crossover? SURE WHY NOT IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT? =D

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I knew people would approve of what I said! Muahahahahaha!

J/K. Anyway, new bold topic:

What if your characters were told that the setting was too boring, and that they were to relocate to a starship immediately? Namely, the USS Enterprise-E?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Alright, count me in on the craclfic... somebody just has to VM me when it's my turn to write.

And I'd like to write the part where it would make the most sense for a Buick and/or Quality Inn to be implemented.

What if your characters were told that the setting was too boring, and that they were to relocate to a starship immediately? Namely, the USS Enterprise-E?
    Lisa would bemoan the lack of Buicks and Quality Inns in space but would inexplicably start singing songs by 80's band Starship to try to make things more exciting...

And we can build this dream together
    Standing strong forever
    Nothing's gonna stop us now
    And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Alright, count me in on the craclfic... somebody just has to VM me when it's my turn to write.
    Actually you can write whenever. =P No order implemented in the end so you can write as much and as often as you can/want this way. So...write now? Write tomorrow? Your call!

Bay

Years
  • I'll bite. But it has to have Ash alive, at least. I'm putting my OC, Dianne, in. AshOC, actually. She's a lot like me.

I vote crazy crossover! (Power Rangers x Pokemon x CSI x Sonny With A Chance x Sailor Moon x Fairly Odd Parents x Avatar: The Last Airbender x Avatar the movie with blue people x Star Trek x ER x EVERY FREAKIN' SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!!!)
    Even though this is a crack fic and all, I think all those crossovers are a bit too much. We're trying to at least make it somewhat like a crazy version of a Christmas Carol, not randomness all together. A couple from the list would be fine, I suppose.

When writing in first person, should the way of writing reflect the character's personality exactly?
    I would say yes because the person is narrating the story. Mark Twain's stories are like that and they're great because the narrators are speaking in their own voices. However, you don't want the narration be too informal where there's slang and too formal where you're not sure what the heck that person is talking about.

Again, Jacob would just shoot that someone that would suggest that. :P

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm sorry guys, I'll be on a flight to England tomorrow and I probably won't be able to write more since there's no Internet and all. Probably till the New Year.

I've posted my portion, but don't count on me posting some more because I can't. XD

Till I get Internet, See ya and Happy Holidays!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What the frell is up with you guys, being active while I'm gone. :C

Anyway, my parents decided to take me on vacation to a time share located exactly fifteen minutes away (inoryt), so I haven't exactly had internet access. Nor will I until the end of the week, probably. This means I will most likely not be able to participate in the Christmas Crackfic, nor will I be able to write/release my Christmas special of the Chronicles. Fudge.

Has anyone noticed that I literally say "probably" and "most likely" in nearly every post?

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • You know what makes me curious?

I rarely get reviews; is this because I'm a bad writer and people don't want to waste time finding all these errors, or because I'm a good writer and people can't find errors to nag about? =D

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I guess having a bit of experience and recognition helps. Like, I'll be more likely to review a fic by someone who I know from experience is able to produce good fanfiction.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I can't say anything because to be honest I don't do full-on reviews very frequently, but I fully understand where you're coming from with the 'no reviews' thing. I had one instance where literally sixteen chapters passed before someone gave an actual review (the only other person was no more than a sentence-long comment), and even then it was because I requested they do it as a beta reader. I've heard that people need to give reviews to get them, which I suppose I can understand, but coming from a forum where popularity levels are everything... :/

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Work (especially during Christmas) makes me all tired and drained... I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make any addition to the crack fic (though perhaps not thinking is exactly what the fic needs...).

Every two seconds, a customer would ask me a question... Or at least it felt like every two seconds...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Being an assistant manager and working in three different departments during the holidays and the busiest sale of the year is the worst. The only reason I have two days off this week is because my store is actually closed on Christmas, and they can't schedule me.

Also, squirrels.

patch., my pair who is still my pair because I don't want anyone else other people have tried many different ways to spread reviews around between the writers who want them. All plans failed for some reason y'all were just scared of her.

So my best advice is to just keep trying, be active, review people's stories, and maybe when we're all not suicidal from holiday stress (what's the PC term? Winter stress?), maybe you'll get a review then. But it does take dedication, mainly because we've seen people post stories and then leave, and we're really not sure if the person is going to stay around forever. But so long as you continue hanging out around here, posting, then we'll get used to your face and realize that you do mean what you say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back