• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I would vote Darkrai for the Ghost of Christmas yet to come, but that would be too cliche. Instead, how about a sarcastic Piplup with a mafia/godfather-esque voice and scythe just for the lulz. XD

Guys, you know I'd love to, but I'm a tad busy right now. Maybe if everyone in the current FFL made like three to five lines consisting of a few hundred words? That would be too easy though.

That's plausible enough XD

Yeah we can go a bit off tangent (like Scrooged) and have crazy ghosts and such.

If all else fails, the minimum needed for this is 3 people.

Bobandbill, when it comes to time (as reserving threads is against rules and such), did you want to post the first post, since it was more or less your idea?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • On a more serious note, check out the new, completely-not-similar-to-the-old-one-besides-near-everything Beta Thread! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203490
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203490
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203490

PC'S FF&W section wants YOU - yes, you in front of the computer screen - to sign up now! [/soiherduliekadvertising]
    Wat only two of you

I am tempted to sign up . . . but I'm not sure I could commit. :(

And Feign, I just noticed a spalling error in your sig. D: it says 'Awkard'.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Wat only two of you

I am tempted to sign up . . . but I'm not sure I could commit. :(

Hmmm good to notice X_x It is indeed an awkward moment (okay not really, but I wanted the excuse to use that word). XD

I'll leave it in for lulz. XD

Perhaps we need a big sign up sheet thing:

SIGN UP (for christmas carol crackfic; would like minimum 3 people if not a lot more)

- Bobandbill
    - Feign

Bay

Years
  • Add me to the list. :P This sounds very fun.

I vote for mafia speaking Piplup as ghost of yet to come! :P Also, how about Happiny as ghost of Christmas present? :P

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    SIGN UP (for christmas carol crackfic; would like minimum 3 people if not a lot more)

- Bobandbill
    - Feign
    - Bay Alexion

Perhaps once we finalize those who are going to write it, we'll segment it, or give anyone a number sort of thing, so that no one will disagree about writing their favourite part or whatever (not that I expect anyone really to have one or complain), its just to keep it more organized.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Add me to the list. :P This sounds very fun.

I vote for mafia speaking Piplup as ghost of yet to come! :P Also, how about Happiny as ghost of Christmas present? :P
    Aww... it dies at the end of the night. XD
    It's gonna be interesting emulating sadness in this crackfic...

I may not be around on X-mas itself since I'm leaving for the UK, and I won't have Internet till next year possibly, but I can try...

Sign me up as a semi-writer that does random stuff. I might pop in to give a few ideas, but I can't really commit. Imma write my section in advance XD. Just change where necessary. I'm gonna post it here later. XD

It's ironic isn't it? Spalling. Yeah, this would have to be one of the Internet's Laws on you're bound to make a few mistakes when correcting others. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Aww... it dies at the end of the night. XD
    It's gonna be interesting emulating sadness in this crackfic...

I may not be around on X-mas itself since I'm leaving for the UK, and I won't have Internet till next year possibly, but I can try...

Sign me up as a semi-writer that does random stuff. I might pop in to give a few ideas, but I can't really commit. Imma write my section in advance XD. Just change where necessary. I'm gonna post it here later. XD

It's ironic isn't it? Spalling. Yeah, this would have to be one of the Internet's Laws on you're bound to make a few mistakes when correcting others. XD

Yeah I saw that, but didn't bother commenting on it. XD

Feel free to write a bit of the first bit, if anything, if you like. Even any amount is good.

We can also do the order of people, in order of business, like those that are busiest sooner, speak up now. XD

- Bobandbill
    - Feign
    - Bay Alexion
    -
    Mizan de la Plume Kuro

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bobandbill, when it comes to time (as reserving threads is against rules and such), did you want to post the first post, since it was more or less your idea?
    Sure, may as well. Probably tomorrow at the earliest I'd imagine since time would be needed to be given to people to at least see this, but we'll see.

But yay more people already. =D Sounds like we should plan the rough basis first if anything seeing that's already happening. XD But leave some room for on-the-spot randomness.
    Wat only two of you

I am tempted to sign up . . . but I'm not sure I could commit.
    Yeah, I did say not many replied/not many were able to continue. =P And don't worry about it - best if we had less but fully committed and able people then plenty of people who don't have time for it, really.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol :P I think I was just going with it, phonetically. XD (the zed version not s one)

Yeah, perhaps just a rough outline, nothing too fancy, perhaps even something as simple as 'A Christmas Carol' on sparknotes, reading the summary there, and one coming to conclusion how to crack fic it up.

For that matter, who is the best candidate for Scrooge? Are we going a bit original or dabbing in Canon?

Bay

Years
  • Yeah, phonetically it is correct. XD

So, you mean Pokemon canon or Christmas Carol canon? I would say have Cyrus as the scrooge. He needs the spirit of Christmas. :P

Anyways, we need to get the outline done and wait a couple more people to sign up first before picking parts. Plus, I need to sleep now. Very tired now. x_x

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Scrooge... hmm. Let's make Scrooge an owner of a successful fanfiction writing company (with fanfiction somehow legal yay handwaving) as I half-mentioned before. And female. =P

Edit: Or just have Cyrus, alternatively, if we're going all Pokemon-themed. Make one of the grunts/Galactic admins (or Charon/Pluto?) the father of Tiny Tim.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Seeing as it is a crackfic, it would be a bit of both, but I figured I guess it would be a retelling of A christmas carol (with so many twists and turns), with pokemon.

WIth that, aside from our previous highlighted words, I don't think we should add in any other sort of IP, as that would get a bit confusing.

Hmmm trying to think of other potential Scrooges as well (or should we leave the original in)?

Any other thoughts? :)

EDIT: Ninja thoughts XD Scrooge was a banker? Or accountant I think? (scrooge mcduck anyone?) XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • EDIT: Ninja thoughts XD Scrooge was a banker? Or accountant I think? (scrooge mcduck anyone?) XD
    I actually saw that version. XD

Cyrus living next door to Brock as Scrooge, but Brock is accidentally visited by the three ghosts due to a typo. I'm just throwing ideas around at random. Anyone?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • It's ironic isn't it? Spalling. Yeah, this would have to be one of the Internet's Laws on you're bound to make a few mistakes when correcting others. XD
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

GOLDARNIT! GOLDARN YOU ALL TO FIDGETING HECK!

G-rated swearing ftw. @_@

But seriously, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Oooo

(yeah throwing ideas about too)

Ash is Scrooge's now dead copartner, Pikachu (or Misty) being Scrooge), going from there...?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I actually saw that version. XD

Cyrus living next door to Brock as Scrooge, but Brock is accidentally visited by the three ghosts due to a typo. I'm just throwing ideas around at random. Anyone?
    IDK much about Brock, really, less about Misty and all. =/ (But others may not know much about Cyrus alternatively). Hmm. Is there much to know beyond him being a gym leader/girl-obbsessive in the anime? At the least though the mistaken thing could be used... Scrooge mistaken for Scoorge McDuck by the ghosts in the case we go with a 'Scrooge'?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, that and he is trying to be a pokemon breeder and is often the referee to pokemon battles.

For the ghosts we can at least agree for them to be pokemon, and perhaps leave it up to the writer?

Scrooge PsyDuck? XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I vote for a fourth-wall breaking narration style as well because it's fun. Or we all just switch narration styles if someone rather do a different way to add to the insanity? The previous writer/narrator leaves in a 4th-wall breaking style only for the next person to continue all serious-type and without breaking the fourth wall. =/

But again it depends on how we write it - each person geets a part, or each person writes a line/some lines of dialogue/a paragraph or two and then switches to the next writer (more favourable if we have a lot of writers, so we'll have to wait at any rate to see how many are in).

Scrooge Psyduck (or Golduck? eh, Psyduck are more fun) sounds good... who owns a...? (accounting service? fanfic writing business? team galactic...after Cyrus went off into the torn world? OR all three?)

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I vote for a fourth-wall breaking narration style as well because it's fun. Or we all just switch narration styles if someone rather do a different way to add to the insanity? The previous writer/narrator leaves in a 4th-wall breaking style only for the next person to continue all serious-type and without breaking the fourth wall. =/

But again it depends on how we write it - each person geets a part, or each person writes a line/some lines of dialogue/a paragraph or two and then switches to the next writer (more favourable if we have a lot of writers, so we'll have to wait at any rate to see how many are in).

Scrooge Psyduck (or Golduck? eh, Psyduck are more fun) sounds good... who owns a...? (accounting service? fanfic writing business? team galactic...after Cyrus went off into the torn world? OR all three?)
    I vote 4rth wall breaking self inserts of FFL writers who tell the story. Like in Bedtime Stories. XD

Yeah, pretty much what you said.

Also, Scrooge McGolduck.

IDK much about Brock, really, less about Misty and all. =/ (But others may not know much about Cyrus alternatively). Hmm. Is there much to know beyond him being a gym leader/girl-obbsessive in the anime? At the least though the mistaken thing could be used... Scrooge mistaken for Scoorge McDuck by the ghosts in the case we go with a 'Scrooge'?
    We do know that he has plenty of siblings. Me thinks Tiny Tim should go here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back