• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
Years
  • Here's a question I asked a while back. ^.^;

One of the characters in my upcoming fic is supposed to have a Dragon-type team made after a little known puzzle game. Unfortunately, the Dragon-type doesn't offer a lot of choices, so I had to resort to its breeding group counterpart to fill in the loose ends. I liked how the team came out at the end, though.

Did anyone else had an experience like that?

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • ~Ozy~ said:
    Yeah. 'Twas severe ick. Out of curiosity, what were your essay prompts. We had two analyses, respectively on an essay about the Pink Lawn Flamingo and the other titled, "On The Want Of Money." The open prompt looked more like it belonged on a Psych or Social Sciences test, they asked about whether or not opinions expressed by public figures influenced out own and if this was antithetical to democracy.
    zomg you disclose the essay questions? I reporteth you to the integrity board!

Seriously, though, yeah, those were the ones we got. They use all the same ones across the country--which is probably why they're so anal about the whole "whoahmg don't speak a word about them until 48 hours have passed." Because you know we're totally going to do that...

Did anyone else had an experience like that?
    I'm not really big on doing theme teams for characters, so no. I just go with whatever pokemon feels right. In a future fanfic one of the characters has a fair number of "stereotypical" dragon (and overused pokemon), but I'm not changing the team because I picked the pokemon to be the best for the roles they play in the story, and I'm not about to change the pokemon involved just because some people might cry cliche. (The team is charmeleon, flygon, sceptile, and three others I haven't decided yet. Possibly lapras.)

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Negrek said:
    zomg you disclose the essay questions? I reporteth you to the integrity board!

Seriously, though, yeah, those were the ones we got. They use all the same ones across the country--which is probably why they're so anal about the whole "whoahmg don't speak a word about them until 48 hours have passed." Because you know we're totally going to do that...

Eh, they told us to go right ahead.

Anyways, I kind have, though never in Pokemon fanfics. Writing a fantasy novella, I kinda had similar problems with emblematic familiars and weapons for each of the elements.

Years
  • Does your character have a history? The plot for that character could be her history, plus some random adventures with Naruto and the gang! Maybe meet up with a few more made-ups! That's what I usually do. If it helps, trying RPing a story plot with somebody. It helps with me.

These are just suggestions, so you don't have to try them if ya don't want to.

Negrek

Years
  • Eh, they told us to go right ahead.
    Seriously? At our testing place they were all going on about how we could get our entire school disqualified if we disclosed stuff and how we'd better shut up and stop talking about it and so on and so forth.

But then, my district's just cray-zee.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • I dreamt that Negrek had murdered a choir teacher and stuffed him in a box... o.o

Is there something you're not telling us?

Negrek

Years
  • Dragonfree said:
    I dreamt that Negrek had murdered a choir teacher and stuffed him in a box... o.o

Is there something you're not telling us?
    Naw, our choir teacher's a woman. Sure it wasn't a band director instead? Steele and Banks make me want to strangle them sometimes...

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I'll merge this with the lounge, although it's pretty inactive.

edit: Ack! I merged it wrong. So sorry, shall fix it ASAP. ;__;

edit2: Arigatou, Onii-chan~ n.n;

Last edited:

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • All night research paper time! =X If I had to learn something from junior year, it's this: Don't pick boring topics. *sigh* Oh, and that fairy tales are actually really evil and polically incorrect. o.-

Anyways, I'm just gonna post here because hell, I'm nuts. Nah really. I'll ask something. I guess.

Hmm...

Should you completely trash a story if you're more than halfway through with it but don't have the urge to write it? Or should you trudge on through it just to finish it? Or should you just wait for, oh say, a year and see if that urge comes back?

Yeah... >>

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Breezy said:
    Should you completely trash a story if you're more than halfway through with it but don't have the urge to write it? Or should you trudge on through it just to finish it? Or should you just wait for, oh say, a year and see if that urge comes back?
    Well, it's up to you. If you really want to, take a break from it.

But yeah. Go with whatever you want. ^.^;

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé always see fairy tales as politically incorrect all the time. They are "fairy" protective for children from the real ending of each tales. Naminé sees it in today too. A riceball is highly offensive to children of north america, so let's paint a sandwich over it in Pokemon. In the same manner for the past, the wolf dares to eat children but will only stuff grandmas away from sight... hmm... Naminé wonders about it.

Naminé say that Ms. Breezy (don't mind Naminé from asking, but is this Ms. Breezy here the same one who wrote Who Shot Brendan Birch in fanfiction.net with sky high amount of reviews?) should not finish the story if she doesn't want to. Writing is for fun, and writing should stop if the fun ceases. In the same manner, post anything that one found joy in writing. That is what Naminé think, if anyone cares at all about it, that is~

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Breezy said:

I'm doing all of the above for one of my stories. Apparently, a lot of people on FFNet love one of my early works, despite the fact that the narration is dry and the story is filled with Sues and Stus. (I've even succeeded in canon molestation by turning at least one canon character into a Gary Stu, even if he was only borderline in canon. >_>) So, I'm going to finish off the series eventually by killing part of the cast, turning characters evil, and generally attempting the Apocalypse in the last few chapters. =3

However, the more mature thing to do would probably be to just take a break for a bit and then finish of the series on a sane note. XD

Naminé said:
    In the same manner for the past, the wolf dares to eat children but will only stuff grandmas away from sight.

That's because grandmas are tough, leathery, and generally foul-tasting. *solemn nod*

Kaz does not know this from experience.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • As a writer, a hiatus is one of the most helpful things you can do for yourself. Give ourself a while where you don't write at all, then come back to it a little bit at a time. It's a wonderful way to let ideas simmer subconciously and you wind up with a better end product. Slogging through it, on the other hand is something to do only when you're past deadline for a school assignment. You'll wind up hurting your writing. Finally, you should be (at this point, at least), writing for yourself and not for your readers. I believe you should always be writing for yourself, even professionally, but that's just me. Write because you have a good story to tell, not because other people have a specific story they want you to tell.

Years
  • A Gaara Story!

I posted a Gaara Story, but nobody seems to be reading it. I'd like it if somebody read it and reviewed! If you're interested in reading, the link is in my siggy so plz check it out!

Negrek

Years
  • There's absolutely no reason to continue writing something if you've lost interest in it. Taking a break or even discontinuing it entirely are both perfectly acceptable options.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011
    Eck..
    Anyways, hi all. I'm here, and I'm sick of rhetorical devices in general (AP Lang exam).

AP tests.... They've been haunting me for the past week. My AP Psych test is next week, and I'm already scrambling to cram as much info as I can on it.. meh.

Anyways, if you sincerely dislike your story, and have no interest in it, it probably won't do you any good to try and force it. I'd suggest taking a break - writing a one-shot or something. When I get bored writing a story, I usually go off and write a one-shot, then I'm usually quite happy to go back to my previous, chaptered work. It keeps things from getting too tedious.

PKS

|S|E|A|R|C|H| my anti-dupe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    Suggestion

One should write on a subject that they as a author feel can heed the best result or provide them with the greatest challenge.

Ultimately, choose something you like and, with the exception of constructive criticism, don't give a . . . uh, yeah . . . what the general populace thinks.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Latias said:
    Well,I guess that I can ask people about what type of fanfic you'd like.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Naminé suppose that this question is asking what kind of fanfic does she like to read?

Dark Pokemon stories are Naminé's first choice. Although technically this is only a way of saying adventure stories, the Pokemon World is innocent in nature, and a new specific genre for Pokemon called "dark" developed if the Pokemon World is not so innocent or childish. Most of the time, this means that the bad guys are actually formidable and dangerous foes. If the bad guys are strong, then most likely someone on the good side will die, which Naminé loves to see.

The death and dying, but not to be confused with emos~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back