• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • How easy would it be to rewrite your fic from Pokémon Fanfiction to Original Fiction?
    Might be not easy. The references are of the plates and from the later Pokemon movies, so they're needed for the story. However, I guess I can always go the National Treasure route and use well known artifacts the characters want to find. XD

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Valentine said:
    No.

But thanks for the offer. =|
    Hahahaha, I didn't think so. XD;

How easy would it be to rewrite your fic from Pokémon Fanfiction to Original Fiction?
    Interesting to see how many would find it difficult to translate their fic from Pokémon to Original. Personally, I would find it relatively easy; I didn't incoporate an idea of mine into Pokémon so much as I incorporated Pokémon into my idea. :P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    How easy would it be to rewrite your fic from Pokémon Fanfiction to Original Fiction?

Not easily. In fact, it would take some major modifications just to take out and replace the way the story happens to be lodged into the Pokémon canon...

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • How easy would it be to rewrite your fic from Pokémon Fanfiction to Original Fiction?

Hm....if I tried hard enough. It's some essential parts of my fan fiction that involves pokemon interactions that I would have to completely take out. But I could easily use the framework for an original one. Especially with the P.E.T project, although the "P" would have to stand for something other than Pokemon. :P

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Like whoa.
    1]
    (That and, I'm sorry, SD, but your repetition of the archaic form of "desu" at the end of every sentence makes me want to physically hurt a pack of kittens.)
    It's a dare, de gozaru. Sorry, it hurts me too, de gozaru. In truth, the dare was over a while ago, but I got so used to it that I didn't stop, de gozatta.

2]How easy would it be to rewrite your fic from Pokémon Fanfiction to Original Fiction?
    Impossible. Well, nothing is impossible, de gozaru. Actually, if I removed the whole Pokemon Journey thing, and brought the story more into focus on the Avos Cult, it probably wouldn't be all that difficult, de gozaru.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    (That and, I'm sorry, SD, but your repetition of the archaic form of "desu" at the end of every sentence makes me want to physically hurt a pack of kittens.)
    Quoted for truth. And not just hurt them, but torture them to no end.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If it makes any difference, the "de gozaru" and whatever the other one is annoyed me the instant they were brought into use. It might be cute if you use it rarely, but all the time just makes a pack of bunnies the target of a very angry mod with an extremely short temper.

Really, all you have to do is read over your post before you submit it and backspace/delete out the endings. It's not like you're going to die if you don't fulfill a dare that you said has already run its time limit. I mean, you don't type that stuff at the end of every sentence for things you submit in school, or your fanfic. Think of this as the same thing.

Seriously, though, I'm not in the best of moods.

Very easy.

Sorry, but in the first book of my fic, Pokemon don't play an important role. They kind of do in the second one, but even that's easily changed.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • OK, OK, I got it. Just leave the kittens alone. (The bunnies I don't particularly care about.)

And I finally downloaded OpenOffice so I can keep writing! Rejoice! *throws confetti*

Bay

Years
  • OK, OK, I got it. Just leave the kittens alone. (The bunnies I don't particularly care about.)

And I finally downloaded OpenOffice so I can keep writing! Rejoice! *throws confetti*
    WHA? You must care for the bunnies! *holds one huge eyed bunny*

"coughs* Eh, your desu repetition didn't really bother me that much. I just ignore for the most part. *shrugs* However, yay more writing!

Hm, new topic, anyone? This one is actually from the Fanfic Club at Serebii and also I'm reminded of Sgt. Shock's thread on how to lure in reviewers. I'm interested what are people's stance on this:

Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?

I used to have Gummy/Baromega's NE banner here to lure in some readers, which I think did it's job. However, his graphics have improved greatly now, so if he makes me a new NE banner now, I might get even more new reviewers. :P Now, however, haven't done fic writing in a while so for now I'm sticking to my theme. XD If I do another story though (which I might since I suddenly have this urge to rewrite this one shot I threw away long, long ago), I might, but I like my theme. D:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?

I tried to get one, but the particular user was no longer on, that I tried to get one from. At the time, I just wanted a pic for my sig, so I thought I'd get one to go along with my story.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?
    I do have one, but I don't know whether or not it helps though; I've gotten a few reviewers who I haven't otherwise seen around in PFF&P, so it might have worked there. XD; Or maybe I'm just being oblivious. XP

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?
    Yup, I finally put mine back up and I hopefully fixed the problem that was making it invisible to some people. I have no clue if it helps drags people in, though I suppose it is a bit cool looking.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    No, but then again I don't have a fic.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Thirty minutes of freedom left!

Pretty easy, actually. I've even considered it. However, it might be a tad hard to pass off feathered, psychic, chameleonic dragons that can fly at the speed of sound off as OC's. But oh, how wonderful it would be. Maybe I could reign in their flight speed and make them actually able to talk, and tone down the whole "lol I can turn myself invisible!' thing. Although telepathy and invisibility certainly weren't new traits for dragons before Lati@s (see dragon lore, A Wind In the Door, Dragonheart, and Puff the Magic Dragon for details).

Of course, my ideal dragon is a smaller species with white feathers that can't breath fire but rather influence light. Beautiful, beautiful creatures. As flashy as a rainbow one moment and draped in drab camouflage the next. Many even choose a personal color and wear that one instead of their naturally blank hue.

Good lord I need to write more.

Years
  • Hi, this a new idea. What about using the Pokemon universe but with Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters like Angel, Buffy or Willow. I'm talking about no pokemon just them as trainers. It's a unique idea that I would do someday lol.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Depends on what could pass as original fiction. I mean, technically, I could rewrite The Quest for the Legends into original fiction that just happens to be a Pokémon-ripoff - it necessarily involves kids going around capturing superpowerful creatures somehow after weakening them in a fight, but if I changed some names, made the normal Pokémon into animals or special weapons as appropriate and altered the appearance of necessary legendaries and Chaletwo, I doubt The Pokémon Company could sue me or anything. :/

Morphic also requires naturally violent animals with powers, but if I could have that, rewriting it into original fiction would be relatively easy.

I have one on Serebii, and I guess the dragons I have in my sig here count too, since they're showing off my fake Pokémon in the hope that somebody will be intrigued and deduce that they might be involved in the fic, although technically the version of The Quest for the Legends posted here is the new one that won't have them for quite a while. I have been drawn to reading fics by banners, but only very rarely - in fact, the only time I really remember was a guy who I think just had a Scyther banner in his sig who happened to have written a fic that I started reading because "Hey, that guy likes Scyther! I wonder if his fic involves one?" - so I don't really expect it to do a very good job of attracting readers. It's more there for the fun of it.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Hi, this a new idea. What about using the Pokemon universe but with Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters like Angel, Buffy or Willow. I'm talking about no pokemon just them as trainers. It's a unique idea that I would do someday lol.

So... wait. You've got Buffy characters going on a trainer's journey, but there's no Pokémon?

Do you mean you just want them to go on a journey, or do you mean this isn't Mystery Dungeon? Because the latter one ("this isn't Mystery Dungeon") is kosher and called a crossover -- albeit a crack one because the two fandoms aren't entirely compatible. The former one (the one where they're on a journey and they literally have no Pokémon) just means you're taking Pokémon town names but not keeping anything else, at which point, you're better off sending them off on a quest within their own universe (considering how much about the Pokémon world relies on... well, Pokémon).

In other words, first off, what made Buffy awesome is the fact that she fought demons and other occult stuff. That was pretty much the point of the series and the point of her existence by the end of it. I'm having difficulty imagining Buffy becoming a trainer and not fighting off the occult but still being who she is. Same thing with the others, especially Willow (considering how ingrained she is in the magic world). Still, it's a crossover, so it might work if you put some thought into it.

But even more than that, I'm very curious about the "no Pokémon, just them as trainers" statement because it's a bit vague.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Promotional and advertisement banners are usually up when I've got a story I'm posting. I don't know if it helps attract reviews, but to have a big and easy link to my story instead of wading through the forum or my thread listing every time I post is most useful. C: And also because I like drawing my own stuff.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    So... wait. You've got Buffy characters going on a trainer's journey, but there's no Pokémon?

Do you mean you just want them to go on a journey, or do you mean this isn't Mystery Dungeon? Because the latter one ("this isn't Mystery Dungeon") is kosher and called a crossover -- albeit a crack one because the two fandoms aren't entirely compatible. The former one (the one where they're on a journey and they literally have no Pokémon) just means you're taking Pokémon town names but not keeping anything else, at which point, you're better off sending them off on a quest within their own universe (considering how much about the Pokémon world relies on... well, Pokémon).

In other words, first off, what made Buffy awesome is the fact that she fought demons and other occult stuff. That was pretty much the point of the series and the point of her existence by the end of it. I'm having difficulty imagining Buffy becoming a trainer and not fighting off the occult but still being who she is. Same thing with the others, especially Willow (considering how ingrained she is in the magic world). Still, it's a crossover, so it might work if you put some thought into it.

But even more than that, I'm very curious about the "no Pokémon, just them as trainers" statement because it's a bit vague.

My initial thought was that he meant that he didn't want the main characters to be pokemon... But that in itself is evident, as they are already human. XD

Dawn could be a pokemon though... She is just a tool key afterall.

However, if Buffy were to have a pokemon, it would have to be just as agile as her.

On another note, I almost feel like writing in phonemic transcription. XD

It would be good practice for me, however, it would be a nuisance to find all the symbols, as charmap, does not have them all.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years

As of yet, none. I'm making some, but not yet.

If it helps? Attractive ones, some that are done very well - not the blindingly flashy ones - usually do good for attracting readers. I guess an image tells a million words, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back