• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Books

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
    My faves are:
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bront?
    Beijing Baby by Shu Chun
    Harry Potters by J.K.Rowling

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    'The Thief Lord' - Cornelia Funke
    'Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix' - J.K. Rowling

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    You really want a list? XD You're lucky most of them are trilogies!
    Let's see....
    His Dark Materials...it's by Phillip Pullman. It's an amazing trilogy.
    Harry Potter- Duh...o_O
    Eragon- Okay I really must say this is an amazing book. I just wish the author would release the new book. o.o
    Earthsea- Not a lot of kids my age know about this series, but it's really good.
    I also started reading a new series called Pern Dragon- It's by Anne McCaffrey- She wrote about 25 different books about it.
    I also love Goosebumps and Animorphs...well at least I used to like Animorphs...until the last book came out XD;
    I love the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, and pretty much all the books by Dan Brown o_o
    Oh yes! and there's a series...it's by someone called John Christopher I believe. The first book is called The White Mountains.
    I recently read The Andromeda Strain, and that's also a pretty good book!
    I'm sure you know of the Narnia Series. =3 those are really good!
    And I can't forget Lord of the Rings! I've only read them once but I enjoyed them ^.~
    Oh also, A Series of Unfortunate Events is also pretty good (I had to read them all in one week though, because I was borrowing them from a friend XD)
    ^ Well I'll stop ranting about my book favs now...O.O

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is my favorite book. It has been for two years. I read it before I went to school when I got in 7th grade because I had to read 2 books in the summer for Honors English. I chose that as one of my books and even though it's rather long, I enjoyed every minute of it. It really gave you an outlook on Brooklyn's culture from that time period, and was a good description of a young girl's coming of age.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Favortie Books:
    - Halo: Fall of Reach
    - Halo: First Strike
    - Dream-Weaver
    - 2001: A Space Odyessy
    - 2010: Odyessy Two
    - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    As you can see, all science fiction.
    Least Favorite Book:
    - Any Harry Potter book
    Never read something as boring as this awful book.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is my favorite book. It has been for two years. I read it before I went to school when I got in 7th grade because I had to read 2 books in the summer for Honors English. I chose that as one of my books and even though it's rather long, I enjoyed every minute of it. It really gave you an outlook on Brooklyn's culture from that time period, and was a good description of a young girl's coming of age.
    That's kind of ironic. When my mom and I were reading it, we had to stop half way through because it was such a depressing book and my mom was pale from all the blood mentioned in that book.
    I have two favorites I can think of right now
    Holes
    That book was incredible especially the movie.
    And there's this book name I cant remember. It was about these boys who kept going back in time by going through doors and they had to save their ancestors from this big blizzard in New York City. Now THAT was a really good book even though it dates back to the late eighties.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm not much of a reader, but there are a few books that I've come across that I enjoy!

I read my Bible every night. It teaches me a lot, and it's really interesting! It's definitely the best book I've ever read. I also love the book A Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks. After I saw the movie, I had to get the book, lol. The story itself is actually very simple compared to others, but it is so sweet. It's also realistic, which is another reason it interested me so much.

If manga books also count, then the Tokyo Mew Mew series has my vote! =D I love all of the volumes in the series. Same with the Pok?mon books.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE-- DOOWAHH!!
    *Gets bombarded with huge paperback copies of the book*

Pssh, only barbaric people can't possibly comprehend the beauty and majesty that is J.R.R. Tolkien's work...

*People pull out the hardback copies*
    ...Did I say barbaric? I meant very, very, charming people!
    *laughs weakly and bats his eyes rapidly*
    Hehehe...

Anyway, as far as novels go, Lord of the Rings for me! I admit that it is kind of hard to understand at times, but it really is all worth it if you invest in the book-on-audio series. The narrator makes it very entertaining, and even my mom seems interested when we listen to it... and trust me, that's good, hehe. I also like Harry Potter, and I'm excited for the sixth book!

I also read the Bible and the Book of Mormon often alone and with my family. They're full of the insight I need to get through life, and they're two books I'll never get bored of.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowlling
    • The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
    • Warriors Don't Cry, Melba Pattillo Beals
    • The Thief Lord, Cornelia Funke
    • and currently reading: Eragon, Christopher Paolini

Back