• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite fonts

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
  • I have always used either Arial or Calibri, the defaults for word, but now I think I will use Comic Sans to subconsciously annoy people :D It's a shame we don't have it on PC :(
    Oh also in Primary school I liked Catchup I think it was called, still use it for goofy titles sometimes :P
    o82pI.png

I literally came to this topic just to link that Comic Sans XKCD.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    The first thing I do when installing OS X on a new Mac is to port Calibri so it could serve as my system font. It's also a good font for printed documents. Other favourite typeface include Freight Sans Pro and Proxima Nova for the web.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Segoe UI, Tahoma, and Palatino Linotype are my three favorite fonts. Comic Sans is another cool font too and I have no shame about it. :)

Years
  • I'm not too sure on why people seem to hate on Comic Sans MS.. sure it may not seem appropriate for a website font, but surely it isn't a bad font at all for being creative with pamphlets & such, or maybe even emails. There are even hate sites in the world for that font, which I don't even understand as to why!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    I'm not too sure on why people seem to hate on Comic Sans MS.. sure it may not seem appropriate for a website font, but surely it isn't a bad font at all for being creative with pamphlets & such, or maybe even emails. There are even hate sites in the world for that font, which I don't even understand as to why!

This might provide you temporary amusement: http://comicsanscriminal.com/

I don't like Comic Sans, but I can agree that it does work as a font for certain things. I just dislike how some people seem to use it for nearly everything, ignoring every other font in existence. I can see this font being used in certain banners such as birthdays (very basic example, yes) but you know there's something wrong seeing it used in a formal university document. The said font just looks unprofessional and the letter spacing isn't exactly the best.

It might just be a personal preference of mine but for instance, I don't like seeing that font being used in manga or graphic novels.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like a lot fonts. The ones that I like most are Georgia, Segoe UI, Ubuntu, Tahoma, Arial, and Garamond. I always use one of these fonts when making new graphics. Currently, I have Tahoma as my default font for my web browser. It's small, light, simple, and it make things very easy to read. I may switch to Arial later on, though.

Nine Inch Nails

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Years
  • I am disgusted by serif fonts such as Times New Roman and Garamond, but find myself stuck using them for school presentations (it's mandated that we use Times New Roman in many assignments). They do nothing but clutter the screen with the unnecessary little lines that are appended everywhere possible. Comic Sans MS also has a special place in my heart: I used it all the time up until the release of Microsoft Office 2007, where I fell in love with Calibri and began to notice the sheer ugliness of Comic Sans. I've stayed well clear of it since.

Sans serif fonts such as Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS, Calibri, Tahoma Verdana are my main choice and I use them whenever possible: they're clean, sharp, simple and quite pretty, as well as easily readable. fonts like

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I just dislike how some people seem to use it for nearly everything, ignoring every other font in existence.

Yeah, this happens to me at schoool. It would appear English teachers are particularly fond of Comic Sans for whatever reason. (It's in every damn handout >: )

I don't really have a favourite font when it comes to writing essays. I just stick with whatever the default MS Office uses. (Callibri is it?)

Personally I'm quite fond of fonts where they have curved ends. (like Century Gothic) Not realy sure why, but it just appeals to me as it looks pretty modern or something. I like Helvetica Neue Light too, it looks really neat on things like on a lockscreen clock.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Segoe UI for most things I do, like projects, homework, etc. Georgia for headers, titles, and when I want to make things look fancy, though I usually italicize it because it looks prettier that way imo.

Back