• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Game Series

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
  • My three favorite series are Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.

I've always loved Metal Gear since the first game, even though the first MGS game I ever played was Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I always loved the gameplay and the epic storyline that only makes sense if you have played the Metal Gear games in order. My favorite Metal Gear game will always be Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and I can't wait to get the remastered HD version of it on the PS3.

Final Fantasy has always had a good storyline with interesting characters and great gameplay, and even though I haven't played every single FF game, I loved every single one I played and spent countless hours playing them.

Resident Evil has been a great series. Even though the classics are sadly the best ones to play, the newer ones are still fun. They are just easier, more boring and sadly a lot less scary.

Rinzler

Joichiro Nishi <3
    Years
  • Some of my favorites has to be

-Pokemon, obviously
    -Final Fantasy series
    -Disgaea series
    -Legend of Zelda

o3o

Years
  • Got to be the Silent Hill series, followed by Resident Evil and Fallout. Those series of games are some that I do play again and again.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I play so many different series making it hard but I love:
    Pokemon
    Resident Evil
    Final Fantasy
    Disgea

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Pokemon, naturally, or else I wouldn't be on this forum. Mega Man, too, and I've recently been getting back into Zelda and Sonic after something of a gameplay hiatus for both. Of course I have to say Mario, those games were my childhood!

These are only my top favorites, though; I love all sorts of videogame series. Except when I don't love one. In which, I do not love all sorts of videogame series.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • The Tales series is brilliantly made, and I enjoy playing/replaying them at any time. I'm also a fan of the Animal Crossing series, even if the concept of the game never changes. You can also say Pokemon is on my list, but once the 5th generation hit I lost interest. I still play the older games from time to time, but I stopped playing 5th generation because it got sort of dry for me. I do not play videogames as much anymore, but I do love to play the ones I mentioned above if I have free time on my hands.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I've been growing up with Pokemon all my life (and probably played most of the games), so Pokemon is definitely one.
    Then there is the Shin Megami Tensei series, with interesting stories and fun gameplay. I only played Devil Survivor as well as Strange Journey and watched the Let's Play for Persona 3 and 4 though, but the games pretty much grew on me. Also, the games have awesome music. C:
    Finally, the Ace Attorney series is also one of my faves as well. I think I love and hate particularly the Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth games, because they're both pretty cool games but there were so many things I hated about them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Besides pokemon, my favorite series would have to be COD or Final Fantasy. Both are very great series!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Besides Pokemon....

Either The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Persona/SMT, or Ace Attorney series.

The Legend of Zelda - I love this series, I love all the puzzles and different weapons and main characters but I hate Navi and the Water Temple. I grew up with this series and the lovable silent protagonist, Link. 25 years of awesomeness. (Though the series is older than me haha)

Final Fantasy - I can't say I've played all of them because I haven't but I've played most of them. FF 1,3,6,7,8,10,12,13, tactics,dissidia...My favorites have to be 7 and 10 though. I didn't really like 13 all that much, going multiplatform to the xbox wasn't a very good idea to me but I remember playing these games all the time. ahh, good times.

Persona/SMT - One of my most recent games, Having first picked it up like 2 years ago, I started with Persona 3 then went to Persona 4, and after that tried playing the SMT titles and loved it. I'm still waiting for Persona 2: Innocent Sin to come out on the PSP. This series is one of the reasons I'm an Atlus fan, even though technically there is no Atlus anymore...

Ace Attorney - The characters and storyline are awesome. The 3rd one is the best one, right after that the 2nd one and the the original one. The only one I haven't played yet is the Egdeworth one(I need to finish all the other games I'm playing currently) The Apollo Justice one was okay...I felt like the 3rd one wrapped up Phoenix Wright's story awesomely, he had too many close calls in the court for the ending to not happen. Apollo Justice ruined/made the story for me at the same time. The ending was good and Apollo was a funny guy along with Trucy but seeing hobo!Phoenix made me a bit sad.

Trauma Center, Silent Hill, Metriod, and Metal Gear are pretty close though.

Years
  • My favorite series would have to be....
    The Call of Duty Series of Course!!!!!
    I like it because since the series has 2 very different video game development teams 1 being Infinity Ward, Treyarch the other. Each developer has diffrent modes that really makes the game more interesting. for example:

Treyarch- Zombie mode with storyline
    Infinity Ward- Special Ops
    That is why the COD series is my favorite.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Favorite Game Series

Favorite Game Series

1. A tie between Halo And Half-Life
    2. Fallout
    3. Pokemon
    4. Battlefield
    5. Dead Rising

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    It's a toss-up between Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei.

Final Fantasy VII-X are some of my favorite games, meaning they're some of the only games I've actually played more than twice; I've beaten VII, VIII, X, and X-2 twice each, and the only reason it's not more is because I get sidetracked and then end up forgetting where I am and eventually just restarting--not to mention the first time I got to Adel in VIII and got stuck, same thing with the second-final boss in X (you know who I mean), or the time my PS2 crapped out at the final save point in VII (the one you can place yourself) and it was months before I could play again, and by that time I'd somehow forgotten everything about the game, including that I'd even played it. The only way I knew was because I had a save file. /rant -ahem- Anyway, the only thing that could make the series better would be New Game Plus, and X-2 does that, even if it's not one of my favorite games. On another note, I've never played anything past XII. I don't have a PS3 or PSP D:

On SMT's hand, I can't stand the first Persona--though I may give it another try eventually--and there are quite a few games in the series I've never played (due to not being able to find them), but other than Strange Journey, the games I have played are awesome. Persona 3 FES and Nocturne are my favorites, and I love Persona 4, Devil Survivor, and Digital Devil Saga (though I probably won't like that last one anymore after I beat it since I don't have the sequel and I've heard it ends with a cliffhanger >_>)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Would have to say the Zelda or Mother series. I can just play about any game from these two series (CDi doesn't count xD) and not dislike them.

Bonechill

Ghost Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    In order of my favourite to least favourite among favourite. If that can make sense
    Kingdom Hearts series
    Final Fantasy IX
    Super Smash Bros.
    Pokemon or Legend of Zelda hold this position

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Favorite game series,hmmmm.
    Would look like this
    1. Fire emblem