• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Genre Of Music

What's Your Favorite Genre(s) Of Music?

• Pop

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Mainstream Rock

Votes: 78 59.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Electronic

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Oldies

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hip-Hop

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Country

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Reggae

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Folk

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Disco

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Blues

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Progressive Rock

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jazz

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Classical Music

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Indie Rock

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • J-Pop/Rock

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    Where's the other? I'm not a fan of any of those genres. Rock got the closest though, so it won my vote.

The Triumvirate

Making Pokémon totally Metal
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    I like a little of each, really. But very little techno. I can never get into it so it's not all very enjoyable to me.

But my favorite of all? It's pretty obvious.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have quite a few favorite genres of music. I like a lot of hip hop and rap as well as pop music, but I'm also a fan of country music and j-pop <3 And since my friends are huge metal and rock fans, I hear their music quite a bit and I'm taking a liking to some of it too.

yakusoku

Strawberry Lychee
    Years
    My absolute favorite is R&B [why isnt it up there ;(] And lately ive been getting into happy hardcore, dance, trance & rave =D

Hiphop is good too, for the beat not the lyrics.

Years
    Well, I couldn't exactly choose the choice that I wanted, but I guess I'll go with rock on this.

For me though, I'm not a very bit genre type person, with large exception of experimental music because it tends to blend in a large mix of genres. Bands really shouldn't restrict themselves to composing music only of one genre, it needs to be spread out a lot.

Anyways, yeah...that's my whole deal with that. But my lovely set of music genres I tend to listen to most include Experimental Rock, Progressive Rock, Fusion Jazz, Post-Rock, and I guess alternative rock...however I've never really understood that term all that well.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    'rock' is a very loose term...
    I tend to enjoy lesser known pop-punk/punk/alternative/metal bands and a few mainstreamers...but most of todays stuff is crap.
    give me MxPx, Anberlin, and Chevelle and I'm a happy man

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I mostly listen too Hardcore, DeathMetal, and Grindcore, but sometimes Ill listen Pop-punk or something like 90's Altrn. and Tom Petty.

Years
    'rock' is a very loose term...
    I tend to enjoy lesser known pop-punk/punk/alternative/metal bands and a few mainstreamers...but most of todays stuff is crap.
    give me MxPx, Anberlin, and Chevelle and I'm a happy man

I can never decide if I really like Anberlin or not. Obviously they do hit the spot for me, but they are easily a band that I wouldn't need to survive. It bugs me...haha

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    Soft rock is my overall favorite genre; I also voted for Oldies and Country because those would be my next favorites from the list. Love oldies. And country has grown on me.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    I can never decide if I really like Anberlin or not. Obviously they do hit the spot for me, but they are easily a band that I wouldn't need to survive. It bugs me...haha
    oh they are an obsession with me :D
    do you have all their albums?

Back