• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite guitarist and why

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
Years
  • John Petrucci for me, basically he's always throwing something crazy technical out with each track you hear him play, and he plays it all almost perfectly live. It's really amazing... that and he's a super nice guy.

A good jam by him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5VwPfyEq3w

I'll have to agree with Algo Fonix about John Petrucci. Just... phenomenal.

My 2nd pick woild be either Yngwie Malmsteen or Steve Vai. They are such experts, seems like their fingers just fly through the frets at every song! =D

-GX-

Last edited:

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • Guthrie Govan // Steve Vai When I'm in the mood for ... ''Soft Guitar'' Lol But I'd have to Say KillrBuckeye(youtube) His Covers are awesome ... :p And the best of all times even tough I think there is no way to tell which is the best guitarist... I think its probably Michael Romeo From Symphony X. Also , Type Mr.Rubber Finger On youtube he's my guitar teacher , he's damn good.

(Hey you guys know the band Parkway Drive? :p They are awesome check them out ! )

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • For me, this is quite simply Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold. His solos are simply amazing.
    "Eternal Rest", "Second Heartbeat", "And All Things Will End", "M.I.A.", "Seize the Day", "Strength of the World", "Afterlife", "Dear God", "Lost", "Girl I Know"... they're all amazing!
    And his live solos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urbv_Dx1CFs

Honorable mentions:
    Jack White
    Billy Corgan
    Jade Puget
    Dimebag Darrell
    Kirk Hammet
    The Edge
    and Claudio Sanchez/Travis Stever

Last edited:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Can't just pick one so i'll list two.

David Gilmour - He plays with more feeling than every other guitarist i've seen combined, and has fun doing it. Been listening to Have a Cigar lately. Great solo.

Buckethead - The master of avant-garde shred. There are some really great insane shredding things he does (I recommend Soothsayer and Lurker at the Threshold Pt2) but also soulful slower pieces without much shred (I recommend Padmasana and Too Many Humans).

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Herman Li from DragonForce for hopefully extremely obvious reasons.

The fact that I've absolutely never heard of any of the above people proves how awesome I think Herman is.

What, for being amazingly talented at recording something slowly and speeding it up?

Some of my friends saw Dragonforce live. Awful. Play 1/8th of the notes. Besides, there's no technique in what they do. Through The Fire And The Flames is all E chords.

Years
  • I can't pick just one, so here's a list:
    Jacqueline Mannering
    Zakk Wylde
    Tom Morello
    Kirk Hammet
    George Harrison
    Peter Frampton
    Matt Bellamy

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012