• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite HeartGold / SoulSilver Music

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    My favorite music from the game was the music on Silence Bridge, or on the routes connecting Lavender Town and Fuchsia City. It has always been my favorite music on the 1st Gen games and on G/S/C.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I love the Sinjoh ruins music it's so mysterious sounding... but that's taken straight from Diamond and Pearl, so I guess my favorite music would have to be the Team Rocket Battle theme. Definitely one of the best battle themes in the series.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    My favourite would have to be Team Rocket theme, Lance/Red theme and the Kanto wild battle theme, also I kinda like the cave themes, makes it sound like your lost and what not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I'd have to say the route leading to the Safari zone by the waterfall and the cliffs. Great addition to a great soundtrack

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I will say the Kanto battle music theme and the music in the city where you can fight the marowak inside the home for dead pokemons (forget about its name :D).

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    My top three are the rival battle theme, Route 47/48, and Ho-Oh's battle theme. I can't choose my favorite out of those.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    ecruteak theme: so soothing

vs. frontier brains: so epic

vs. kanto gym leaders: again..so epic

Years
    Aside from what has already been mentioned in this thread, I also enjoy both the Ruins of Alph and Game Corner music (both with and without the GB Sounds turned on).

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    The music vs. Red was definitely my favorite. It just gives you this feeling that you're about to have the hardest fight in the game, and that its going to be EPIC.

Of course, reality was that Red was surprisingly easy to beat with my level 60s team :(. So a let down there. But the music was epic.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    Oh God...like, all of it. Yes, for real.

Buuut, I suppose the ones that stood out to me were:

Vs. Johto Trainer
    Indigo Plateau
    Vs. Champion/Red
    Vs. Kanto Wild Pokemon
    Vs. Kanto Gym Leader
    Victory Road
    Vs. Ho-oh
    Summoning the Legends
    Vs. Suicune

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    There are a lot of themes I like but I think the Kanto battle themes have to be my favourite. I think we can all agree that Kanto in Heartgold has the best wild pokemon music by far :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    With GB Sounds: Mostly every single soundtrack because it brings back so many memories & goosebumps. Nostalgia for the win :
    Without GB Sounds: Lake of Rage, Johto Gym Leader, Champion/Red battle, Kantos wild & trainer battle, Route 2, & Azela town :]

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Kanto wild battle, trainer theme, gym theme. All kanto music = amazing.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    The Kanto wild battle theme. I don't play my HG very much anymore, but when I do, I always find the time to rock out to a wild Pidgey encounter or r1 :P

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I really like the Johto/Kanto gym battle music. And the music vs Red is the best. I also like Viridian Forest's music as well as Cinnabar Island.

Back