• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite HeartGold / SoulSilver Music

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Goldenrod City, by far, has an awesome new theme (okay, so it isn't NEW, but you get what I'm saying).

Route 29 (though I like the originals better).

And the trainer battle music for Johto was great, too.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    Personally I actually like the GB version (not gb sounds, but the originals) of the songs a lot more in general. I really loved how route 44, 29 , Ice Path and New Bark Town sounded originally.

Honestly, all of the originals, to me, sound way better.

Although I seriously love the Rocket Grunt battle theme in HGSS as well as the song it plays when a rocket encounters you just before a battle.

Last edited:

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    Without GB sounds: It was all very nostalgic :D
    With GB sounds: Final Battle (Lance/Red)

I wasn't very impressed with the Final Battle theme in HG. The intro was epic, though!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Goldenrod City's theme is my all-time favorite. As well as the Team Rocket theme, they were absolutely fun to listen to! :P

blue

gucci
    Years
    There's so many soundtracks in HGSS that I love, mainly because I loved GSC soundtracks but some of them remastered sound even better now!

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    It looks like not many people are saying it, but my favorite was Ho-ohs battle theme. It sounds so fitting - rather majestic, with some oriental spice, perfectly fitting for the coolest proper legendary in the series~!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It looks like not many people are saying it, but my favorite was Ho-ohs battle theme. It sounds so fitting - rather majestic, with some oriental spice, perfectly fitting for the coolest proper legendary in the series~!
    Definately one of my favourites, this one (not just in HGSS but Pokemon music in general) - I quite like listening to it on loop. =D Certainly fits Ho-Oh and makes catching it less of a bore. =p

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I don't know. I have many favourites but one came to my mind. Kanto Gym Leader Battle. It's so 'badass' music. :)

Puffin

Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2012
    It has to be the rival theme, it has a sort of finale feel to it and it's just... awesomely cool.. :pink_giggle:

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    Buena's Password.

Gold, Silver, HeartGold, SoulSilver.
    I just love it. It made me feel happy and never failed to put a goofy grin on my face as a kid when I had Pokemon Gold.
    Years later I'm still feeling excited with nostalgia about being so happy as a kid listening to that tune, goofy grin and all whenever I hear it.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    Cinnibar Island was epic, and when I played LG, it was my favourite, but the SS/HG remix really defines the emotion of what happened.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    National Park from HGSS is my favourite piece of Pokemon music, like, of all time. I love the gentle piano chord intro into a smooth violin bit (while still retaining the piano undercurrent), as well as the melancholic nature of the piece. Sometimes I'd stay in there long enough to hear the whole track, even if I didn't care about catching any critters or participating in the Bug Catching Contest.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    Kanto gym leader theme, without a doubt, it's so upbeat, and sounds great at the same time...

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    National Park from HGSS is my favourite piece of Pokemon music, like, of all time. I love the gentle piano chord intro into a smooth violin bit (while still retaining the piano undercurrent), as well as the melancholic nature of the piece. Sometimes I'd stay in there long enough to hear the whole track, even if I didn't care about catching any critters or participating in the Bug Catching Contest.

Same here! I can't speed through there with my bike I have to leisurely stroll through so I can listen to the song. x)

Back