• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Johto City and Why?

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
  • Olivine. It's the cheery beachside city. =] Plus, Jasmine has always been my favorite gym leader and I love Olivine's lighthouse and the whole plot with helping the Ampharos (probably mainly because Ampharos is my most favorite Pokemon).

Years
  • definitely ekruteak. very peaceful and serene. If I could I would live there :D

I like the music too ;)

oh and as another note, goldenrod's ok in the game (not the worst, meaning) but I'd HATE to live there. it's too much of a big city, and everything's so close, and... *shiver* I don't like those kind of areas. I like peace, and I don't mind going a little further to get what I need (store-wise). it actually might even be my least favorite :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Goldenrod and Blackthorn. Goldenrod because it is a huge sign of relief after a tough battle with your rival, bugsy, and getting through the ilex forest (if you started off with chikorita lol) and Blackthorn because it seems so isolated since it is ontop of a mountain, and again it is a nice sign of relief after beating team rocket, pryce, and getting through the Ice Path.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I can't decide between Goldenrod or Cianwood. Goldenrod is a huge city and has conections to the route with the Day Care on it and the National Park ( not to mention I like big cities like that in general) but Cianwood is by the ocean (and the Whirl Islands) and has a connection to the ever-so-scenic route 47.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • Goldenrod. Its near the daycare which is mainly used for breeding, not to mention the department store and its also the location of the radio tower and the GTS.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • My favourite has to be Olivine, the remake design is just like I'd imagined it would be... plus the sailor talking to the girl outside the Ship Port made me laugh xD and I took my Ampharos to the top of the lighthouse and I think my Ampharos has a crush on Amphy... x3

I like Goldenrod too but Whitney's such a crybaby just cause I squashed her cow even though it has a super effective ability against my Quilava [I have a Miltank now myself, but STILL, I'm sure I'm not the first person to defeat her xD]

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Goldenrod City will always be my favorite Johto city ever since the Gold and Silver version came out. You can do everything you want there.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Being in Cianwood always makes me feel really happy, it has beautiful music, beautiful atmosphere, its the kind of place I would want to live if it were real, its definaltely my favourite.
    I also find myself gravitating to Ecruteak, again because of the music, and also because the buildings remind me of the temple I used to go to when I was a kid.
    Goldenrod is great too because there is so much to do there, in terms of gameplay, I'd say it has more replay value than most other towns.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I'd have to say Goldenrod just simply because of the nostalgic music(very much so in 8-bit)and easy access to the GTS. Getting a Eevee there from Bill(which evolves into my favorite Pokemon, Jolteon)is another reason Goldenrod rocks.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    None of them really stand out as favourite for me, but if I had to choose I guess Goldenrod is the best.

- It has the department store.
    - It's near the daycare.
    - It's near National Park/Pokéathlon dome.
    - It has radio tower. (Because radio tower is exciting, yes? :nervous:)
    - It's got the GTS.

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • It has to be Violet and Azalea. I have loved their music every since the original Gold and Silver, and hearing the retro music on GB sounds just makes me happy.

And yes, I am sad.

Pkmn Newb Tyler

Loving my Nidoqueen <3
    Years
  • I love Violet City! But considering im just now in Azalea town I haven't seen all of Johto. I just love the tower and the eerie feel the whole town has. To me it's just a neat place but it's home to my worst nemesis... Falkner.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • Violet City has always been a favorite of mine ever since I was just a kid.

I think it's the music that makes the town. It's really neat.

That and in HG, I love the sidewalk pattern and the tree in the pond. :)

Back