• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Major Region

Which of the following is your favorite "major" region

• Kanto

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 19 20.2%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd have to say the Hoenn, because it was the first region I ever traveled through and Ruby was my first game as well. Plus, it introduced contests as well as many new types and different pokemon.

Two of my personal favorites, Beautifly and Sceptile along with many other great pokemon too.....

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I choose Hoenn. Grew up together with this game; my first and best. :classic:

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I like Sinnoh best. Its towns and cities seem to have more character than those of other regions, and it has many extra locations. Jhoto comes as a second for the reason just stated for Sinnoh.
    Btw, the poll let me vote for all four of them ;)

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    The reason that Johto comes such a close second to me:

Azalea Town

I mean... THE MUSIC there. Sometimes I would just stay in that town because of the music

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    1) Sinnoh - It's the contests there, and the Battle Frontier, and... 3D! Oh, and the BGM, eg. Game Corner, Giratina Origin Forme, and Route 1, etc etc.
    2) Johto - That place is seriously dumped by the producers, it should have more development.
    3) Kanto - Though it is overused already in Gen 1, partially Gen 2 and Gen 3, it is closely behind Johto.
    4) Hoenn - Boring villian team, boring contests, boring stuff. I don't like the BGM.

Years
    Has to be Johto. I grew up in elementary school with Pokemon Gold & Crystal. I have nothing but fond memories with that region. It just feels so natural when I pick up those games, and hear the game music. <3 The map had a nice design too, as in, where cities were placed and how you had to get to them.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    When I saw the title, I read religion and said "well, this'll be locked." :P

But my favourite region is Kanto, mainly for nostalgic purposes, and the fact that Sabrina is there. =D

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Hoenn definately it is the largest region with lots of nature and vast ocean and a very warm sunny climate
    jhoto is also cool kanto is the first region I ever played (pokemon Yellow) I never played the jhoto games ive sen my gro play (wow this was years ago) but I have the most memories in hoenn it is when I first really got into pokemon games instead of just the anime that I have known for so long

Last edited:
    Years
    I voted for Kanto. Great cities, great pokemon, great gym leaders. It's like pokemon in it's most basic form and I love it.

Plus, I only watched the anime while Ash was in Kanto. So I got to see those characters and pokemon given a real personality and all that. It just wins.

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    I'm pretty sure there was a thread like this before, but it's probably expired by now.

Anyway, let me get to the main discussion: Which of the major regions do you like the most?

The choice include:
    Kanto
    Johto
    Hoenn
    Sinnoh

My favorite would be Johto because it just seems to stand out more than all the other ones. There were many interesting stuff there. My second favorite would be Kanto, the original place we all knew.

I love Johto. It's like, my homeland. I don't know why but I feel a strong tie to it. Maybe because I played Silver/Gold with my friend who introduced me to pokemon more often than I played Blue/Red with him o.0 Or maybe it was because it was the first "new" region with new pokemon and stuff (first came Red/Blue the Silver/Gold is what I'm meaning) and the Johto anime song is so awesome! I dunno what it is about Johto that I love so much, but I just do!!

Second is hoenn, because of all the legends it has (it has a bit more original legends than DP in my opinion).

EDIT: I also really agree with Kite Katsumi's post!!

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Sinnoh.

It's such a fun and easy region.
    I really like the native Pokemon and Pokemon trainers in Shinoh too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The Johto, the Sinnoh and the Hoenn equally...I wish they would remake the Johto region BADLY though !

Years
    Johto, hands down. I liked a lot more of the pokemon in that region. Kanto is a close second.
    I also wish they would make a remake of it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Arumia-chihō
    Fiore-chihō
    Hōen-chihō
    Jōto-chihō
    Kantō-chihō
    Nanashima
    Ōre-chihō
    Orenji-shotō
    Shinō-chihō