• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Major Region

Which of the following is your favorite "major" region

• Kanto

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 19 20.2%

• Total voters

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I like Hoenn because of its many geographical features (Mt. Chimney, Undersea Caves), and because of Latias and Latios originally coming from that region, obviously, since I'm obsessed with Latias.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Johto is my favorite region as well. It's just set up so great, I love it, and it DEFINITELY needs a remake. Forget making a 5th generation, I'd be soooo happy if G/S/C came back to visit us with some awesome new adventures, better graphics, and sweet new gyms (as well as maybe some new Pokemon ^_^).

Kanto comes in second for it's originality. No offense, but I detested Hoenn, yet Sinnoh was cool.

-Neji-

Something Different
    Years
    Johto all the way, i miss the long story line and i would still play it despite the huge graphic diferences now .. When i think about it i have more johto favourites then any other pokemon in the diferent regions.
    My pokemon team even says it lol ... They need to remake it! Shiny gold all the way!

I agree with Volkner all the way, save the 5th generation and get cracknin on the remake on johto! .. would be nice the the creators were reading these.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    I voted for Kanto because its the birth place of pokemon games, the original region. Jhoto would be second because it introduced a lot of cool new stuff, much better graphics, item holding, breeding etc..+ it allowed you to travel to Kanto and earn the original 8 badges.

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I voted for Jhoto it was a great place. You could do gyms 5, 6, 7 in prety much any order and the gym leaders were a bit more challenging.

Sinnoh was good too. With biggish routes and retracing your steps to beat the game.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Sinnoh has always been my favorite since earlier last year.
    Before Sinnoh Hoenn was originally my favorite due to it's abundance of water, but Sinnoh has a much better demographics not to the mention the amount of snow it contains.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Hoenn is just awesome-it has the best Regional Dex, compared to Sinnoh's wussy one. Kanto's is good, and Johto's? Meh. Hoenn has great locations as well- from the lush jungles of Fortree, to the rocky hills of Meteor Falls to the howling desert north of Mauville. Sinnoh's snow is just annoying. I can't run in it.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I can't decide. I've spent so much time playing all of the games, I have no idea. :\ Sinnoh is probably at the top of the list, though. Johto's cool, but I'm not sure what made it unique*, so it's probably at the bottom.. But then again, Gold was the first handheld Pokemon game I owned, so maybe it deserves to be higher or something. I had always watched my brother play Red. It's definitely a tie between Hoenn and Kanto. I still like them all.

*Oh wait. There's the Burned Tower, the Celebi shrine/forest, Ho-oh/Lugia.... I still don't know. :D

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I like them all, but if I had to pick one I'd say Hoenn. No particular reason...I just enjoyed going through it the most =P

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
    I liked Hoenn the most. It's just a cool place. I think I'd like Johto if I didn't have such hazy memories of it. Kanto's stupid, and Sinnoh is my second fav, because it's got some really good Pokemon, and I love Snowpoint, and how many berries said region has!
    Still, it's Pokemon. It's all great.

Deeje

Pokemon Breeder from Aus
    Years
    Definately Johto, It really separated itself from the Rest of the regions, not sticking to what is now known as a default for Pokemon regions. I am talking bout like... Safari Zones, Bicycle roads and stuff like that. It had a good contest, catching Pokemon, something the original games were designed to do, nothing like now with 'Contests'.
    Unique region with so many differences.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Hoenn because I have the best memories there, but Johto is a close second. Would probably be my fave but I don't remember much of it. *votes for Johto re-make*

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    johto wins. it had a good story line, introduced the first ever contests, and who could forget the red gyarados? also helping Lance bust team rocket was pretty awsome.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Johto.
    Because Silver was there whenever I felt like giving someone a good ass-whooping.
    Nah, but seriously.
    Johto is awesome. Because of teh hoppipz.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    jonto because, when G/S came out, it featured the first new pokemon of its time

Back