• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite non-starter Fire, Water and Grass types

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2021
    Hey, what are your favorite Fire, Water or Grass Pokèmon, that are not starters?

For me it's
    Fire: Magmortar
    Water: Poliwrath
    Leaf: Vileplume

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This section is for questions about games, not about favorite Pokemon. I'll just toss this into Pokemon General, where it belongs. :)

edit: Might as well.

Last edited:

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Fire: Magmortar. This guy is easily my powerhouse in any team I've used him in, plus his design is just awesome.

Water: Very difficult since water's easily my favorite type.....either Vaporeon or Gyarados...Vaporeon probably wins out though since it was one of my first water types I used.

Grass: Victreebell. Ah, yes, good old Victrebell...Definetly one of the best pokemon in any of my LeafGreen runs.

Last edited:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Fire: Probably Arcanine. Though this made me realise that I hardly use non-starter Fire-types.
    Water: Azumarill. Really saved me during my first playthrough of Ruby.
    Grass: Toss-up between Breloom and Sawsbuck.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    fire would be Vulpix
    water I think either Gyarados or Kingdra
    Grass is Victreebel

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Fire: Litwick! Though if I want to go with a pure fire I suppose it would be Ninetales.
    Water: Milotic
    Grass: Bellossom

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Grass: Ferrothorn; there's nothing more amusing than walling the opponent with a metal, spiky, durian.

Fire: not sure, but I'm thinking Chandelure. It hits crazy hard, and I've always wanted a Ghost/Fire Pokemon before Gen V.

Water: Gyarados or Vaporeon. I don't know why, but I like them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Water - Gonna have to say Quagsire since it was a bro back in Colosseum and has the most adorable face I've ever seen.
    Grass - Tough one but I'm going with Exeggutor due to how much it helped me out in my Fire Red run and the fact that it can be such a troll when the weather's sunny too.
    Fire - I choose Houndoom for nostalgia's sake back when I used one in Silver and also in Platinum as well, still owns like a boss after all these years.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Tough but what a fun question!! And I really can't choose between the water types, so I'm just gonna list these idc.

Cloyster, Gyarados, Quagsire, Omanyte

YES so I like Cloyster because I love shells basically, so same reason for Omastar (and he has tentacles but w.e), Gyarados was always on my list of fav Pokémon in general and Quagsire because I CAN RELATE SO MUCH TO HIM /ability @ unaware and I love his typing and design etc.

Vileplume

I love the whole Vileplume line really. Poison is one of my favourite types and I LOVE the design and the concept too, spores, stuff like that. I AM IN LOOOVE with Gloom too because yeah well same like Quagsire it reminds me of myself and all around they're just so.. sort of mischievous looking, they just look evil-natured lmao and I love it.

Arcanine

Apart from there not really being many fire types besides starters, Arcanine is a cutie and his concept of a chinese legendary dog being is really cool and I love his design anyway.

SORRY I WILL GIVE REASONS I FORGOT ^

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Guys keep in mind no listing, give reasons! ;(

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019