• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Quotes

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    "A square is only a circle when the moon is split into the purest most blessed half shape known to humanity, otherwise it's simply an octagon".

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Do not waste the remainder of thy life in thoughts about others, when thou dost not refer thy thoughts to some object of common utility. For thou losest the opportunity of doing something else when thou hast such thoughts as these, 'What is such a person doing, and why, and what is he saying, and what is he thinking of, and what is he contriving,' and whatever else of the kind makes us wander away from the observation of our own ruling power." - Marcus Aurelius

Years
  • "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." – Napoleon Hill

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."– Mahatma Gandhi

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."– Albert Einstein

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    I'd love to invite you to come in and have a drink, but I'm afraid you'd say yes. That's what my favorite character from the iconic Naruto anime series said. His name is Jiraiya. He's a great character. Who taught me a lot with his quotes. He's like a seinsey to me. Like a wise mentor.

Years
  • "If people can't control their own emotions, then they have to start trying to control other people's behavior." -Robin Skynner

I heard this said by the John Cleese, but I believe he was quoting Skynner.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant

"There are people out there who hate me and who say I'm arrogant, vain and whatever. That's all part of my success. I am made to be the best." - Cristiano Ronaldo

"Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here." - Interstellar movie

"Don't do things that you know are morally wrong. Not because someone is watching, but because you are. Self-esteem is just the reputation that you have with yourself. You'll always know." - Naval Ravikant

Years
  • "We are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars. We carry it like syphilis inside. Dead bodies rot in field and stream because the living ones are rotten. For the love of God, can't we love one another just a little - that's how peace begins. We have so much to love each other for. We have such possibilities, my children. We could change the world." - James Goldman

It comes from his play The Lion in Winter.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    stumbled upon this one today and thought it was pretty good:

"We can disagree and still love each other, unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist." - James Baldwin

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I read this in a comment section on a video of someone reacting to homophobic memes: "Equality is oppression for the extremely privileged." (This was in context of a meme complaining that there are more racially diverse and gay couples in commercials nowadays)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2022
    My favorite quotes is:
    "The world's greatest Pokémon Master is waiting for me! Let's use our Pokémon to get to that island!" - Ash Ketchum

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Not exactly a favorite, but one that has me thinking for quite a while:
    "Wealth can not exist without poverty. You can only accumulate wealth as long as someone else accumulates debt. That's why rich people need poor people to exist."
    I don't know where I got this from, though.

Years
  • "Bullies aren't just teenagers in high school. They are also adults in offices with nice job tittles who think they have the right to break the spirits of others so they can feel better about their miserable lives."

I have no idea who originally said it, just saw someone repost it on Reddit, and I think it resonates.

Back