• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Quotes

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
  • It's from a Brazilian documentary called "Lixo Extraordinário", or Extraordinary Trash. There was this one guy who worked in the dumping ground that sai something like:

"Many people think that 1 is not worth that much. Well, 99 is not a hundred. And that 1 is the one who's gonna complete it."

Years
  • "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with an impure mind, and trouble will follow you, as the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind, and happiness will follow you as your shadow, unshakable. How can a troubled mind understand the way? Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own thoughts, unguarded. But once mastered, nobody can help you as much, not even your father or mother."

-Thomas Byron (a translation of the Dhammapada)

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Pretty sure it might have already been mentioned here, but this quote stuck with me for a long time haha:

Pokémon: The First Movie
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    - Mewtwo​

Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. — Douglas Adams

Years
  • "One of the freedoms that the Nazis stopped was the freedom to read the books they banned. They stopped the free press, banned and burned books. The freedom to read, which is protected by the first amendment, is our essential right and duty of our democracy. Even so, it is continually under attack, by both the public and private groups. Banned books and burning books are the same, both are done for the same reason- fear of knowledge. Fear is not freedom, fear is not liberty, fear is control." - Grace Linn

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • "I tried to gain favor from you, but nothing was ever good enough. No matter how many battles I fought, you always found fault. Then I saw how Optimus treated his men, and I realized he was a leader of integrity. Unlike you..."

Back