• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite rappers/rap music?

Years
  • Who do you like best in rap? I like several rappers (Dre, Eminem, Ice Cube, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, etc...) I can't wait until Detox and Relapse.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For me, along with Eminem, there's DMX.
    I don't agree with what the lyrics say but he's got some nice rythem.

OH AND GUYS, PLEASE DON'T POST JUST TO FLAME RAP OR I WILL RIP YOUR SKULL OUT FROM YOUR FACE.
    A bit drastic but hey, point made. :3

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I really only listen to mainstream rap, so I don't know that many artists, but I listen to Kanye, Jay-Z, Common, T.I., Flo Rida, Lil Mama, Missy Elliot, Timbaland, Kardinal Offishall, Lil Wayne, and some others.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • I used to love Rap. However it's recent newcomers are killing the genre; Soulja Boy for example. His lyrics make no sense and they sound very generic. And don't get me started with the "Stanky Leg". ><;;

I love Missy Elliott (Under Construction album and before only), Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Eninem (before he joined 50 Cent and his whack members), OutKast, Nas, Jay-Z and Chamillionaire. Maybe Timbaland.

That is all. :>

Reactions: Her
    Years
    Years
  • Eminem and 50 have always been tight though... 50 is even featured on his new album and they worked on many tracks together as well. As for 50 himself, he is okay "get rich or die trying" was his best album imo but now it just seems like he got rich and stopped trying. I'm hoping his new album will be better.

Anyway, have you guys heard the remix Tupac ft. Eminem ft. The Outlawz - One Day At A Time I love that song Tupac was such an epic rapper and mixed with Eminem it's awesome you should check it out.

Immortal Technique's "Dance With the Devil" is really good too... and Detox is probably going to be one of the best new age rap albums ever Dre recorded over 60 tracks for it apparently.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Can't say I'm the biggest fan of rap, but I've listened to a few artists recommended to me by various friends. Tupac, Eminem, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Ice Cube and Timbaland are all okay, but nothing special. I prefer any other genre over rap so... yeah.

elli

norse god thor
    Years
  • Music is like candy... You have to remove the wrappers. ;D

Seriously though, I don't like it. Some of it's fine & has good rythym, but artists like Kanye & SouljaBoy are just annoying. Kanye pretty much just repeats the same phrase over & over, & SB doesn't make sense. Timbaland & Akon are acceptable, however. =p

{ho ho!} -cowers in the corner-

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    My brother is a huge fan of hip-hop & rap, so that's how I came to like it from an early age.
    I now have is complete collection; Six draws full of CDs. xD

Anyway, my favourites of the ones I managed to listen to are:
    De La Soul, Dangerdoom, Illogic and RJD2.

Most people seem to base their opinion of rap on the mainstream artists.
    While some of them are okay, most are a bad representation. :/

Edit: I almost forgot Beastie Boys. :O

Last edited:

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I disagree with alot of rap songs but I do like 3 rap songs and those are by Beastie Boys, Rage against the machine and Flo Rida.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Ah rap music. <3

Correction, OLD SCHOOL Rap music.
    Now in days rap music is mostly about the same thing, sex, money, drugs, or all three. :(

I loooove Run-DMC, Tupac, and some others.
    But now in days I'm more into pop than anything. :o

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    Hands down my favorite rapper is Lil Wayne. His metaphors and rhymes are just ridiculous and in my opionion he's the best rapper ALIVE. However i consider B.I.G. to be the best rapper ever as of now. I think wayne may eventually pass him. But anyways I also like eminem, dr. dre, tupac, kanye, lupe fiasco and travis from gym class heroes. Can't wait for detox and relapse

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Timbaland, Kanye West, T-Pain, Missy Elliot, and Tupac are definitely at the top of my list.
    I'm suprised no one mentioned Chris Brown yet. I think he's kind of overplayed.
    Maybe he doesn't count as a rapper, as much as a hip-hop artist.
    If this convorsation was more hip-hop oriented, Sean and Rihanna would be on my list.

MrQriz

Austria's Finest
    Years
  • i like 2pac, the game, snoop dogg and also the german rapper fler (the most of you won't know him but he has very good lyrics and much rap skills, maybe i post a link to one of his songs on youtube if you want^^)

Back