• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Types and New Type Ideas

What is/are your favorite type(s)

• Normal

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Fire

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Water

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Grass

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Electric

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Ice

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Fighting

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Flying

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Psychic

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Bug

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Rock

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Ghost

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh1teW01f

This is my "Awesome" face
Years
  • Okay, so far in new type ideas we have Light/Holy/Pure, Cyber/Computer/Artificial, a type that is weak to normal, and Lunar/Celestial.

Thanks for your ideas on new types for the games, everybody, and please remember to vote in the poll for your favorite type(s)!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • ...I have an idea, for BACON type! It could be applied to Spoink and Swinub among others, and:

Is super effective to all types accept for bacon.

Is weak against fighting and fire types.

Is resistant to all other types accept for the above two and water.

-

In all seriousness though, I've got nothing...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I second the bacon notion.

I voted for Fire, Dark, Dragon, and Ghost. I don't want any new types. NO MORE. Seventeen is definitely enough types. The match ups are good and light sounds really stupid.

Wh1teW01f

Years
  • So you guys want psychic bacon.................okay, that's definately the wierdest thing I have ever heard.

So far Dragon and Dark are tied for first with 7 votes each with Psychic in second with 6 votes! Bringing up the rear with one vote for both of them is Normal and Rock.

Keep posting and voting everyone!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My favorites are Poison, Dark, Ghost, and Bug.

no new types are really necessary imo, although my personal favorite of the suggestions in this thread is the lunar type. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I vote Dragon only, I want a new type (for Arceus only), Alpha (or another name) type, Attacking: All types: 2x, Defending: All types 0x, hehehe..., it's very good type, you can't beat it :P

Sure you can; Mean Look/Perish Song and Bam! Bye bye :)

I voted Fire, Ice, Ghost and Steel! :) If only there were some more useful Steel types... they all seem to have major weaknesses :(.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • In my game, there will likely be a Light and Bio type. But I think that'll be it... besides, more types, more moves.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • poison is the ish...

i don't think there should've been a dark type since the beginning (don't mind metal), but since they already have 'dark' i think they should go all the way and make 'light' too...

this way is too half-assed :(

Wh1teW01f

Years
  • Okay, so the type that you guys have suggested are: Light/Holy/Pure, Cyber/Computer/Artificial, a type that is weak to normal, Lunar/Celestial, and Sound.

Great job everyone keep posting your ideas and voting on your favorite types!

rando serian

Platinum League Ghost Leader
    Years
  • Ghost, Ice, and Grass, those are my favorite types of pokemon.

As for new types... I think if they ever made a new one it should probably be either Crystal type or Astral type.

The reasons...

Many people suggest a holy or light type... yes they are common in games now... but if you go back fifteen or so years, Holy Magic and stuff like that were given gemstone names like Pearl. Not only that but you could give an entire new splinter evolution to several Rock type pokemon due to the way that crystals are formed, through heat and pressure over enormus periods of time. It could even create new ways of evolving pokemon such as having to have the pokemon in your party for a long period of time with a pokemon that has Flame Body...

As for astral... They claim several pokemon came from space, so why not... and Astral sounds so much better that other names I've heard for a space based type.

Wh1teW01f

Years
  • Okay, folks it's time for the Voting Scores!! In first place we have Dark types with 10 votes! Following close behind in second place we have the three-way-tie of Fire, Ghost, Dragon types with 8 votes each! And in dead last with 1 vote for both of them are Normal and Rock types!

Keep up the voting and posting, everyone!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • So you guys want psychic bacon.................okay, that's definately the wierdest thing I have ever heard.

A bacon type would be awesome, what are you talking about? LOL

My favorites of the types other people have suggested would be the Lunar type and the Sound type. can't think of any new types herself

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • My favorite types must be Normal, Flying, and Fighting, for whatever reasons. As for new types, I've never thought about them.

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
  • My favorites are definitely Dragon, Ice, Flying, and Water.
    I like the thought of having a new type to oppose Dark, too.
    Light/Holy and Lunar/Celestial sound like they could have some potential...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love Poison, Fire, Dark, and Steel types. Im a Koga.

The type I strongly believe should exist is the Light type. I dont care how much you resent it.

Wh1teW01f

Years
  • Okay, it's time for a look at the voting results again! In first place, we have a tie between the Dragon and Dark types with 12 votes! Following closely behind is the Fire types with 11 votes! And in dead last with only one vote, Rock types!

Thanks so much for all of your imput, guys! Keep voting and posting!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back