• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite 4th Generation Legendary

Years
To be honest... I do like the 4th gen Trio mascots (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) and Arceus. I really can't decide on which one I want to choose but I guess I'll go with Arceus.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm gunna be going with Manaphy for this one. Its so adorable! <33

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I really like Cresselia the best. Shaymin is adorable too. I'm not a huge fan of Sinnoh legendaries though.

Years
In HGSS, my favorite is Raikou, without a doubt. One of the best designed legends, in my opinion! Now, in DPPT, I really like Darkrai the most. It has a cool, sinister design fitting a Dark type/boogieman-looking Pokemon, and it's incredibly powerful and fast. And Dark Void is one of the coolest sounding attacks too, haha.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'd say Giratina's Origin forme if this is limited to just the actual Sinnoh games. It's just kinda got this gothic feel to it that sets it apart from a lot of other legendary Pokemon. Plus it has an amazing shiny pallet!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
Dunno if it had to do with me starting 4th gen with Platinum, but I liked Giratina from the start, especially the origin forme. I rarely use legendaries on my team, but I liked it enough to catch it and do just that. I always name it "Juice". Being a legendary, it was naturally pretty good in battle, and I liked its signature move because, while it was two-turn, it worked well against protect-spammers with the right amount of prediction. I still have a "Juice" on X and usually use it if ubers/legends are allowed.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Giratina and Lugia. Lugia will always be in my top 5 and who doesn't think Giratina is awesome?

Years
Gotta be Azelf. Dialga was the main reason I chose Diamond over Pearl, but only because I preferred it to Palkia, not because I necessarily liked it. The only one of the legendary I made an effort to catch was Azelf, and I never regretted it. A brief run in OU, and for good reason; Azelf as an extremely efficient utility Pokemon.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Gotta be Azelf. Dialga was the main reason I chose Diamond over Pearl, but only because I preferred it to Palkia, not because I necessarily liked it. The only one of the legendary I made an effort to catch was Azelf, and I never regretted it. A brief run in OU, and for good reason; Azelf as an extremely efficient utility Pokemon.

Although the lake legends are short on defense, I agree
It's wide variety of moves and high special attack gives it a great advantage :D

Tek

Years
If I had to pick just one? My favorite... Land Forme Shaymin... It...cute...lovely...
smart...plus...amazing...you think so?...oh yes...it...stunning...
kindly...love it! Hug it...when...sleeping...warm and cuddly...
spectacular...ravishing...

Other favorites:

Origin Forme Giratina - it's a 20 foot tall, scary as hell, ghost dragon.

Manaphy - cuteness factor comparable to Shaymin. Have I told you about Shaymin? Listen, listen! My Land Forme Shaymin... it's.. so pretty... Oh, you heard that already? Oops!

Ho-oh - awesome design, grants wishes.

Entei - my fave of the original three wandering legendaries.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Oooh, this ones hard, since I played platinum and liked it the most, I'm going to have to go with giratina.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Origin forme Giratina by a long shot. Darkrai was pretty great, but not great enough.

HG/SS wise, Raikou will always be my favorite. <3

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Gotta go with Dialga. It looks cool as hell, it's got great typing, and it controls time. That is all.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Mine used to be Dialga, but after a recent event, mine is now altered-form Giratina because I managed to get it's shiny form on only 62 soft resets. It has high attack, and can be very useful in battle. A ghost/dragon dual type is quite amazing, too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Gen 4 has some of the best legendaries. I love the pixie and creation trio the most, though. :) Manaphy and Darkrai are also pretty cool. I think I also would like Shaymin a lot if I got to play the event in game though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
For me its dialga. Its just the memories and the feels and i grew up with the d/p/p anime and (for a kid) it was pretty fun and the team galactic story was awesome. And the movie... it was beautyfull and i actualy hoped that dialga would win the battle, but then that freaking darkrai came.... and i cried of his death and became mad that he was still alive beceuse then i cried for nothing and then i would be a baby and the worst thing you want is in primary school being called baby

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
Well I chose Diamond version, so I have some bias towards Dialga. However I think my absolute favorite has to be Giratina. It has such a complex and awesome design with both forms. I wish it wasn't such a PAIN to catch in Diamond, seriously out of any legendary to this day, Giratina gave me the most trouble out of them all… I had to resort to using a freaking Nest ball…

ShiningHelioptile