• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favourite 5th Gen Gym Leader!

Favourite 5th Gym Leaders? (Sorry if it's not in proper order or if it's a bit messy)

• Cilan/Cress/Chilli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lenora/Roxie

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Burgh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elesa

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Clay

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Skyla

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Brycen

• Drayden/Iris/Marlon

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

os6hxPc.png

POKEMON BLACK/WHITE
    gASsNaV.png

BLACK2/WHITE2

Who are your favourite 5th gen Gym Leader(s)? Why? In terms of design or personality? In terms of Pokémon, even?

Go crazy! :P (Feel free to include B2/W2 designs!)​

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    It's sloppy in the fact each leader doesn't have their own option

I like Drayden, but not Marlon; I like Roxie, but not Lenora

I get its in terms of order, but you should make separate polls for Black and White and Black 2 and White 2

Years
  • My fave of the Gym Leaders here has to be Marlon because I love his Gym design and the fact he uses a Jellicent, one of my fave Unova Water-types... that is apart from the Oshawott line. I also love his hair, it's pretty funky-looking.

Iris and Elesa are my faves from the female side, along with Roxie. I kinda liked the personality and appearance of those three.

Nakala Pri

It's sloppy in the fact each leader doesn't have their own option

Sorry, rough day. xD

My favourite is Skyla! :D Even though Roxie is an awesome rock star who specializes in one of my favourite types, Skyla is bubbly, cool and she flies birds around in rad catsuits. :P

I also freaken love Lenora because she was the first black gym leader! :^D (In yo face... um... someone?)

And Iris because like, epic!

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite Unova Gym Leader would be Clay, as he resides in a city that was constructed through mining and has some nice buildings (especially in B2W2 where they're made of emeralds), and he has some funny cowboy style dialogue. And to top it all off, his Excadrill can be a brutal challenge if you're not properly prepared for it.

Years
  • I like Burgh, Lenora and Brycen :)

Burgh's just great, I like his personality, flamboyancy, his gym designs and the wee mission of going through Pinwheel Forest with him; Lenora because I love her museum gym, that's something that interests me a lot and also her Watchog gave me a genuinely tough time which I appreciated so early on in the game and Brycen mainly just cause I love his design :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Drayden. He's a very interesting character. He's also an insanely strong dragon master that trained the current Champion Iris. his gym's layout was amazing, especially in Black and White 2. He was my favorite character net to Skyla.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would say Elesa, as her appearance is simply beautiful (in both BW and BW2). She enjoys fashion and whatnot, and thinking about that, it sort of feels to me that she would have been more suitable had she been a gym leader of Kalos instead, considering that the entire region is revolving around this particular aspect (character customization, Team Flare, and so forth), but hey. at least she's made it into fifth generation of games, which is definitely better than nothing.

In terms of difficulty, she was sort of challenging, which I did like. Some of her team members would continuously use Confuse Ray, which would have you miss attacks every once in a while and hurt yourself, and although some might not consider this to be precisely fair, it still does up her toughness.

Alongside, I'm also a pretty huge fan of Skyla, as well as Brycen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I didn't really care for any of them in b/w, but in b2/w2 I came to like Roxie. I like how edgy she is and her gym was very cool. Also her type of choice is very fitting for her.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Contrary to popular belief my favorite would be Brycen. I always loved his cool design and the fact that I'm fighting against one of my favorite types, the offensively gifted Ice-typing - Despite being too easy with just plain Ice-types I've always enjoyed a nice, quick, offensive gym battle. It's a shame he couldn't continue for B2W2...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like Elesa because I'm basic. lol It was nice getting to walk the runway and be a model in BW2. Plus I really like her redesign in the sequels as well. Not that her first design was bad, I just think her second design suited her better and was more glamorous.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Favourites would be Elesa and Clay. Elesa is a kind and beautiful model (I prefer her BW design over the BW2 one), while Clay is cool all-around. I ultimately picked Clay though since I hate Elesa's Volt Switch shenanigans.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Gym Leaders

In B2W2, two new gym leaders were introduced, replacing the Striaton trio and Lenora. Do you think this was a good idea / move on Gamefreak's part? If you were in charge of creating the sequels, would you have done the same? Would you have done anything else to the Gym Leader roster, such as replacing more gym leaders, keeping them all the same, or changing the order?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • While I really liked the idea of Cheren becoming a Gym Leader, I think that they took an incredibly poor approach in making him into one. I know it's just my opinion, but I honestly found Cheren too impressive (during his final battle at Victory Road) to be reduced to the FIRST Gym Leader of all things.
    I understand that they wanted to leave his starter ambiguous, but take a look at Blue. In Generation II, which took place three years after Generation I, Blue was the eighth Gym Leader of Kanto and he still had his old team, except they replaced his starter with an Arcanine. I personally feel that this is the way they should have handled Cheren, especially since BW2 takes place two years after BW, rather than one year or even a few months. That being said, they shouldn't have emphasized on him being "new," and I think it really would have worked out if they made him the last Gym Leader with his party from BW (minus his starter, of course).

As for the other Gym Leaders, I really liked Roxie and Marlon, but I also liked Lenora and the Striaton brothers too much to replace them. However, their absence actually makes sense given that you can't access the first few cities of BW until the end of BW2, so I guess it was fine to exclude them.

The order of the Gym Leaders never really bothered me except for Cheren, so I would've made Roxie first and Cheren last, then bump everyone else down by one spot.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Elesa, definitely. I loved both of her designs and liked the whole concept of Elesa. She was pretty tough to defeat in battle too, with Volt Switch and attacks like Flame Charge too, so she wasn't just a pretty face.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I chose Skyla! Her character design was absolutely adorable, I'm pretty fond of her Pokemon and I honestly didn't mind her gym too much. Even her name is gorgeous. I'm already biased because Winona is my favorite gym leader.. I just feel like her and Skyla would get along well. T-T Ahhh, super girl crush material. *-*

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I actually liked a lot of the Unova Gym Leaders, but favourite is most probably Skyla. I love her style and her gym design in BW2 is just awesome.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Honestly it's tough because none of them really stood out to me. However, I picked Skyla because she's cute and fun and her gym had a cool design in B2W2.

Back