• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Game Soundtrack?

Dan LegitTrading

Legit Trader
    Years
    What are peoples most favourite soundtracks? Your favourite music to listen to in a game.

Personally, i love the Zelda soundtracks. Especially Majoras mask and Ocerina of Time.

I love Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack. I have the 4disc CD soundtrack and the live tracks.

Devil may cry 4 has some pretty darn good songs.

Lost odyssey, i hated at 1st but when i started playing the game i started loving it.

Kameo: Elements of power. i love rare annd music in this is nicely done.

Thats all i can think of at the top of my head :P How about you guys??

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The Chaos Theory Soundtrack by Amon Tobin. From the Drum & Bass on 'The Lighthouse' to the Ambient Music on 'Hokkaido'; this is just one all-round awesome album.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Final Fantasy 6 and the Metal Gear games. FF6 is so nostalgic and MGS is just beautiful.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Lost Odyssey's music was pretty good, but The World Ends With You's music was amazing to me. I could listen to them for hours and hours and never get tired from them. I liked some of Ace Attonery's music, as well as Trauma Center's. The boss music in Trauma Center was complete love.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree about Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, especially Majora's Incarnation. Depicted the child-like sense of the mask perfectly.

I have to say Kirby as well. The music is good in that.

Another game has to be Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie. 2 brilliantly musical games, all the music fitted the worlds and the parts.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    My favourite game soundtrack must be
    -Gotcha Force
    -Megaman 9
    -Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Persona 4
    -Final Fantasy 4 [The Dreadful Battle so good]
    -oh almost forgot Okami

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I think Animal Crossing has some really nice tunes. I also enjoyed most of the Half Life 2 soundtrack. It's just got some nice, eerie music.

Years
    Only one person mentioned The World Ends With You? 8<

I love TWEWY's soundtrack. It's the only game soundtrack I have in my music library, assuming a performance of the music of Super Smash Bros. Melee by the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra doesn't count. =3

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Command & Conquer franchise. Full stop. Tiberian Dawn and the Red Alert games have by far the best music of the series, though Generals wasn't too bad either.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Definately Ar Tonelcio and Ar Tonelico 2. Everythng is beatutifully sung, and I have had a yearning to learn Hymnos after I heard it. ^^; XD
    Noriko Mitose , Akiko Shikata , and Haruka Shimotsuki Never cease to amaze me with thier vocals.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Banjo-Kazooie series.
    Kingdom Hearts series.
    Megaman (originals and 9).
    Mario and Luigi series.
    Sonic as a whole.

My absolute favorite piece would have to be the 13th Reflection from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix.

Dan LegitTrading

Legit Trader
    Years
    Aw yes the son series, i loved Sonic Adventure Battle 2 music. i loved it all.

And banjo is a generally beautiful game. love everything about it.

Theres too much beautiful music out there :o

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I really like the soundtrack in Mother, Earthbound, and Mother 3

The Legend of Zelda: Ocaraina of Time, definately

But my all time favourite soundtrack, is FF7
    It just has such a great mix of different styles of music that are all well done and fitting for where played...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I agree about Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, especially Majora's Incarnation. Depicted the child-like sense of the mask perfectly.

I have to say Kirby as well. The music is good in that.

Another game has to be Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie. 2 brilliantly musical games, all the music fitted the worlds and the parts.
    Banjo-Kazooie is an almost flawless soundtrack. That game would have a completely different vibe if it wasn't for Kirkhope's music. Wonderfully playful and simple melodies with numerous variations so that you wouldn't get bored. All the themes could be adapted the scenario (a race, interiors, up high, underwater) very well. And Gruntilda had a kick ass final boss theme.

I like Tooie, all I find memorable from it is Witchyworld (I love that song), Mayahem Temple, and Jinjo Village.

I would say Skullkid is a child, the Mask has an entirely different personality.

Anyway...

I love the OoT and MM soundtracks. I see it as one work because there's a lot of overlap. Kondo went for a European medieval feeling in OoT and a darker, more baroque sound in MM.

Banjo-Kazooie is great.

With Kirkhope again...he got great millage out of the James Bond theme in GoldenEye 007. Almost every level uses the theme in an almost unrecognizable way.

Final Fantasy VI's soundtrack is a masterpiece. Completely stands on its own without the game (I haven't played the game, but I love the music). An excellent example of the quality game music can achieve. And that was back on the SNES! Now we can have orchestrated music.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Banjo-Kazooie is an almost flawless soundtrack. That game would have a completely different vibe if it wasn't for Kirkhope's music. Wonderfully playful and simple melodies with numerous variations so that you wouldn't get bored. All the themes could be adapted the scenario (a race, interiors, up high, underwater) very well. And Gruntilda had a kick ass final boss theme.

Such a shame Kirkhope left rare after Nuts and Bolts. I love the work he did bringing the Banjo-Kazooie music back in that game, as well.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I'd have to say the soundtracks of both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are among my favorite. After that would be Megaman Battle Network 3, Megaman 2, and Megaman Zero 2. In no particular order of course.

EDIT: Just remembered Terranigma had a very good soundtrack as well.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.
    The Phoenix Wright series as a whole.
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
    Super Paper Mario.
    Wario Land 5: The Shake Dimension/Shake It.
    The World Ends With You.
    Pokémon Crystal, Emerald and XD

Back