• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite Gen 1 Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I'm gonna be real cliche and say Charizard, haha. The first episode of the anime I ever saw was the Cinnabar gym battle, and I've been a fan ever since.

Other than that, Pikachu, since it was my first Pokemon ever, and Onix, since it was the first Pokemon that I had to struggle ridiculously to beat.

TheTrenchCoatVenomoth

The Trench Coat Venomoth
    Years
  • Top 5 Fav Gen 1 Pokemon

5. Hitmonchan: Because He's a Boxer
    4. Marowak: His Face Is A Skull
    3. Fearow: F*** Pidgey
    2. Eggsecuter: Psychics Were Op
    1. Venomoth: Fact: When a Baby Venonat is born the mother Venomoth Rips Off a Butterfree's Head And Gives it to Venonat True story Also venomoth is badass

Years
  • Vulpix/Ninetales line will never change as my most favorite Gen I Pokemon and Pokemon of all time. Sandslash and Vaporeon are following.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My favorite Pokemon of all time is Ninetales.

It's hard to pick other Pokemon as favorites, I mean I like all of Gen 1's Pokemon but I don't like them enough to be a favorite. In terms of looks maybe Vileplume would be second, though I've never used Vileplume in any game.

In terms of gameplay I have to go with the Pokemon I used to win the games, Dewgong, Alakazam and Jynx.

Years
  • I think this one is obvious to anybody who's talked to me well enough, but it would be the enigmatic Water/Ice-type transport, Lapras. Considering i've explained that one before, I don't think I need to again. ^_^

Years
  • My favorite would probably be Dewgong, I've always found it to be an adorable understated Pokemon. If only it were more useful and powerful d:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My favorite Pokemon, from gen I and in general, is Blastoise. I've loved it ever since I first saw it (it was the first Pokemon I ever saw a picture of), and I have had so many great memories with all of my Blastoises over the years.

Gen I has a lot of Pokemon I like a lot, though. Pikachu is probably second. The starters' lines rank fairly highly as well.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Vileplume - I really love Vileplume even though I prefer Bellossom. But that dosen't really matter in a gen 1 discussion. I think Vileplume is awesome beecause she has nice bulk and reliable status spreading and recovery. She can also hit every hard when the moment is right. She's one of the two final evolutions of Gloom and Oddish who are also very precious to me. The oddish line are my favourite pokemon family.

Blastoise - I always had the urge to choose squirtle in my games. I think all the kanto starters are adorable but something drew me to squirtle and I really love Blastoise for personal reasons. It reminds me of a friend who passed away and it was one of his favourite pokemon and also because one time when I was on holiday, I won a blastoise from a crane machine. I was very happy.

Clefable - She's so so versitile and her movepool is amazing. You never know what to expect with her. And Clefairy is so cute.

Pikachu - Has always been my favourite. I like Raichu, but not as much as Pikachu.

Chansey - Softboiled is such a useful move. I only had to use full restores on her.

Jigglypuff - She's adorable. I love her, especially in the anime. I like Wigglytuff as well.

Dewgong - So adorable.

Ninetails - She's really beautiful and sleek.

Nidoqueen + Nidoking - Just looking at them gives you the impression of power.

Lapras - I think she's really majestic.

Dragonite - He's always been OU since the beginning and he is a very powerful attacker with decent bulk and a nice movepool.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Eevee is my alltime fave! Muk, Dragonite and Gengar are also awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Hey guys, I got a question and it's kinda off-topic (actually its more than likely completely off-topic I just didn't wanna make a thread asking a dumb question)...

I really have been wanting to get into Pokemon and can't decide which game to play first Red or FireRed. I definitely wanna start with either one of those two, but can't make up my mind. What do you guys think? If this is too off-topic, PM and I'll delete the post.

ANYWAY... from memory my favorite gen 1 pokemon is Mewtwo, as a kid I loved the first Pokemon movie and the episode featuring mewtwo. Planning on watching the anime again sometime soon, well at least the first few seasons.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Pikachu will always be my favorite Pokemon. Pikachu was the first Pokemon I ever owned, and I always smile when I think of Pikachu. ^-^

Back