• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite genre of music?

OverlordMia

I'm absolutely CRAZY about it!
Years
  • Favorite music genres?

~Rock
    ~80's Rock
    ~Country
    ~Celtic
    ~J-Pop
    ~J-Rock
    ~Some Orchestrated music

I do NOT like Rap and R&B at ALL.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I listen to whatever sounds good to me. But since you asked:

Traditional heavy metal
    Thrash metal
    Prog metal
    Technical death metal
    Brutal death metal
    Neo-classical metal
    Industrial metal
    Funk metal
    [some] Nu metal
    Alternative rock
    Hard rock
    Prog rock
    Grunge
    Punk rock
    Classic rock
    Funk rock
    Jazz
    Blues
    RnB
    Rap/hip hop

I'm not really picky with my music. If it sounds good, then I listen to it. Simple.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Goodness....just an idea. =X

And while encompassing the more general genres such as "Metal" "Country" and "Rap"...people could specify their more specific interests when they post. I just like to see what kind of stuff people listen to, and it's a lot easier with a poll.

But whatevski...This is still perfectly fine ^_^
    Sorry, I do often come across as though I'm making some kind of unnecessary argument.

Macaveli

Pokemon Azure Version Hacker
    Years
  • I like anything except Bubblegum Pop
    But my favourite are Rock and Rap
    My fav artists ar Eminem,2Pac(my name gives that),Avenged Sevenfold & Linkin Park

Years
  • A little bit of everything, but my favorites are the J-Rock and J-Pop, and any other kind of Japanese music, along with the game's soundtracks.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • I pretty much listen to alternative/indie rock, but there are some R&B and pop songs that I like too. I love Final Fantasy music too, for some reason. There are some really soothing songs from that series. xP

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I like a mixture of stuff, to be honest XD; If I had to chose a favourite, I guess I'd chose J-rock or Pop, just because I listen to a lot of songs from those genres. But really, I'll listen to any song I like D: I don't chose them based on genres or anything.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I like to listen to good old country music from Carrie Underwood and Kenny Chesney...though Tim McGraws latests singles have been a bit saddening for me ;{
    And when I like to relax I listen to some Jazz...Frank Sinatra really knows how to calm the soul.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Wow. Hmm. I listen to a crazily wide range of music. Everything from different ethnic music (Japanese, Brasilian, Chilean, Middle Eastern) to virtually every different genre of Rock, to a good bit of Gangter Rap, and even some Jazz thrown in there once in a while.

I suppose my favorites to listen to would be alternative/indie rock (Tool/The Mars Volta/The Appleseed Cast/Pinback/Do Make Say Think/etc) and Gangster Rap (2Pac, Biggie, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Young Buck, etc.)

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I like a mixture of stuff, to be honest XD; If I had to chose a favourite, I guess I'd chose J-rock or Pop, just because I listen to a lot of songs from those genres. But really, I'll listen to any song I like D: I don't chose them based on genres or anything.
    I basically the same. ^____^
    There are some genres I'm not a massive fan of, but generally I like every genre because of a certain type of band or artist. :D

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I like classic rock and a few miscellaeneus pop songs, such as Barbie Girl (my favorite song XD) and the safety dance

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I love Alternative Rock, Indie and a little bit of Emo music.. basically anything that is rock! I listen to all types of Musical genres, but rock is definitely my favourite!

I love Screamo, as well! Anything Alternative, really. But Screamo is just absolutely amazing! :P.

Last edited:

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Right now I am into anything poppy. Like pop rock, pop hiphop, pop country... though I love me some hard rock and metal too. But to be honest, I'll listen to about anything XD;

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I can pretty much listen to anything but Country or Opera.

These things give me a headache just for listening to them, lol.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Dance, Alternative or my way of describing bands like Metro Station and what not - Alternative Dance!

Years
  • My favourite types of music are:
    *goth rock
    *darkwave
    *Eurodance
    *dark ambient
    *alternative rock
    *metal
    *death/black metal
    *gothic metal
    *goth/electro
    *punk
    *industrial
    *screamo
    *post-hardcore
    *horrorpunk

Some bands I like are BlutEngel, The 69 Eyes, Escape the Fate, Helloween, Aiden, The Misfits, Alien Sex Fiend, HIM, The Cure, Skinny Puppy, Theatres des Vampires and London After Midnight (I've got waaaayyyy more faves ;) )

Back