• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite In-Game Protagonist?

Who's Your Favourite In-Game Protagonist?

• Total voters
    Years
    The player characters are silent protagonists, a key feature of the Pokemon games.

Which ones get your fancy? Vote now!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    OK two questions:

1) The protagonist from Red and Blue is different to the one from FireRed and LeafGreen? How does this affect the canon? :S

2) The B/W character's official name is Hilbert? Really, GameFreak? Really?

EDIT: Just realised that Leaf is the female hero, so disregard that question.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Leaf. She's cute and has a really pretty outfit. Her design is simple and not outlandishly weird like some of the other protagonists. I especially like her adorable hat :)

Leaf more than makes up for the deficiencies in FR/LG and she's the main reason I still play those games. I also have tons and tons of fan-art of her :) Yeah, I'm a little obsessed xD

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I've always liked Red in FR/LG, Brendan in Emerald and Hilbert (minus the name) in B/W. Their designs are the best IMO.

I don't mind the girl designs, but Lyra is the worst.. her hat is just a no-no. I really like May's design though :)

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I really don't like the name Hilda... but she's my favorite. I like that her design is a bit different than the norm. I didn't pick a male in the poll, but if I had to, I'd probably say Red... only because of the nostalgia, though.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Gold and Kris.
    Gold because of his overall badassery.
    Kris because I love her design XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Touko (Hilda), of course... [FONT=&quot]♥[/FONT]

Her hair is so pretty... and her outfit's really stylish
    She has a really nice body, too ... ;)
    As if Touko is not the cutest, sexiest character there is?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Hooray, Touko! Just as I'm becoming old enough for it to be creepy for me to call the player characters 'cute', they go ahead and boost the age by a few years \o/

Love it.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Red, for obvious reasons.

As for the female protagonist, it is between Leaf and Platina(I refused to called her Dawn) with Pokemon Platinum outfit.

Doubles

Fire Angel Dragon Thing...:3
    Years
    Male
    Lucas because to me the hat and scarf were just great
    Touya because he seems like he could just be a new ash and he probaly would be nice with a voice...good design
    Female
    Leaf her design just needs to go anime as do many game charcters
    Kris she has BLUE HAIR 8D enough said

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Between Leaf, Dawn, Ethan/Gold, and Hilda I don't know.

I haven't played B/W so maybe it would be unfair to vote for Hilda. I've played FireRed a lot lately and that has brought to mind how much I actually like Leaf's design. Even her sprite is pretty good IMO! Dawn, I don't know, just always liked her design and outfit. Ethan/Gold, well I just think he looks like a more awesome version of Red.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    ..May and Dawn. They were the only girl characters I played in any of the Pokemon games. They just look cute ^_^. And their names are pretty good too. Dawn is the best overall, her name is awesome and shes..Oh nevermind.

Years
    My fave protagonists:

Male

Lucas, he has a cool name.
    Hilbert, he looks a lot like Ash.
    Ethan, the only one wearing shorts.

Female

Dawn, she's my favourite (her Japanese name inspired my username)
    Hilda, she looks like the coolest girl yet!
    Lyra, I know some of you don't like her and she only got one vote (from me, that is) but she's so cute!

Back