• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Poketch app?

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Daycare or Marking Map. I used those two a lot. Especially for catching the roaming Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pedometer when I'm hatching eggs, Counter when I'm EV training, Itemfinder when I'm exploring a new area, and the Analog Clock when I'm not doing any of the above.

I hardly ever use any of the others.

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • Well. I like the Marking Map. It helped me a whole lot trying to catch Mesprit yesterday (YEAH, YESTERDAY!!!). It is a very good improvement, comparing to how weary it was to find Latios/Latias in R/S/E and the Legendary Bests in G/S/C.

The Dowsing Machine in the Pokétch is handy as well. Now you have to choose only between registering the Bike, a Rod and the VS Seeker.

The Pedometer is helpful for breeding and evolving via hapiness! The Friend Checker also works for the last case.

In summary, I love Pokétch! XD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I don't remember their technical names but my favorites are the step counter, the day care app and the one that shows your pokemon's love for you.

Years
  • I recall using both the Coin Flip and Roulette apps frequently. Although they were both created for frivolous uses, I tended to use them for decisions or to determine things by
    pure chance. The step counter was also quite useful when accessory hunting in Amity Square.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Digital Clock get the job done for me, so Digital Clock.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • The daycare app and step counter for breeding purposes, plus the stopwatch for real life purposes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I love the day care app so I know when an egg has been made. But, I also like the step counter app and chaining app for chaining shinies. I would have to say my favorite is the color changing app though, it's nice to be able to change it since I got tired of the default green after so long. >_>

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I'm not sure what it was, but I LOVE the one that tells you the top 3 of how many of that pokemon you have in your box/pc.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2011
    I usually use the Daycare app or the Step Counter.

Otherwise its digital time.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Day Care app, so I don't need to wait like a day, then realize the egg has already been hatched. I use the step counter for my own entertainment, as it tells me how many steps I've taken since I got the Poketch.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Hmmm. I say the app with your party Pokemon and their health. I always have that on. But I breed a lot so the daycare app is very useful.

Back