• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FC for the philosophical philosopher of random things to philosophise about: 22sa

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • lol your bday request sounds very Irvine-like

I hated most of the arc for Laguna's past etc on my first play through, felt like such a waste of time, dragged on forever and the retarded battle music made me want to stick a chocobo beak up kiro's wrong end every second...second time 'round was more enjoyable surprisingly enough, it had a few funny moments i didn't understand the first time 'round i played

Oy, if its FF legs you're after, you don't get any better than these

Spoiler:

Rinoa's one of those characters that never grew on me, not sure why, maybe coz i'm a nerd like Squall and don't like to be pushed into doing things like dancing at a social outing...man i hated her after that cut scene and she did little in the game to redeem herself since

Selphie's my favourite gurl and Zell always makes me LOL so naturally those two with Squall are my strongest party...the max HP for all of them is 9999....so suck on that :P

i'd imagine FFIX is very cheap now, being an old psx game and all. At any rate, if push comes to shove you could always torrent it and download a good psx emulator, will run smoothly provided you have a half-decent computer

Fuel efficient's good, not everybody wants to be like the JT of Japan </3
    I preferred Zell until I learned Quitis can use Blue Magic... but it sucks since it's a limit break instead of a command. </3

And I prefer Rikku. I don't like Yuna.

See. You have no excuse not to play Pokemon now. You can develop your FF characters, you can develop pokemon. :P

Oh and Selphie's at level 15, lulz.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • I preferred Zell until I learned Quitis can use Blue Magic... but it sucks since it's a limit break instead of a command. </3

And I prefer Rikku. I don't like Yuna.

See. You have no excuse not to play Pokemon now. You can develop your FF characters, you can develop pokemon. :P

Oh and Selphie's at level 15, lulz.

I've never been a fan of blue magic in any FF game...out of all the different types of magic i've found it the least effect. also every character who uses blue magic turns out to be one of the least interesting, jus' saying.

i strongly prefer Yuna, not just coz she is a lot smexier, but rikku's a little too silly for me and prone to get me annoyed every now and then. Yuna > Paine > Rikku.

i'm not againt playing pokemon. you know i've never owned a handheld gaming device before, any pokemon game i've played has been on emulator and ROMs, but it's harder to do that with DS apparently. so my hands are tied until they make it easier or i develop the nerve to get off my arse and go buy one :P whichever comes first...doesn't help that i've got other games to keep me busy in the meantime either

speaking of games, i wanna get two more, Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Resonance of Fate, you know any of these? both RPGs i wanna try out

Selphie is at level 15 on disc 3!!!??? O: how did you bloody manage that?

22sa

Years
  • I've never been a fan of blue magic in any FF game...out of all the different types of magic i've found it the least effect. also every character who uses blue magic turns out to be one of the least interesting, jus' saying.

i strongly prefer Yuna, not just coz she is a lot smexier, but rikku's a little too silly for me and prone to get me annoyed every now and then. Yuna > Paine > Rikku.

i'm not againt playing pokemon. you know i've never owned a handheld gaming device before, any pokemon game i've played has been on emulator and ROMs, but it's harder to do that with DS apparently. so my hands are tied until they make it easier or i develop the nerve to get off my arse and go buy one :P whichever comes first...doesn't help that i've got other games to keep me busy in the meantime either

speaking of games, i wanna get two more, Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Resonance of Fate, you know any of these? both RPGs i wanna try out

Selphie is at level 15 on disc 3!!!??? O: how did you bloody manage that?
    I run from all unnecessary battles basically. Squall's at 19 btw. While Quitis is at only 12, rofl. See my levels suck maybe that's why Blue Magic is comparably strong when I use it lulz. E.g. Micro Missles take out 1/2 of enemy's life every time. That rules.

FFIX is working, but the graphics aren't very appealing. So I'm not keen to continue it.

We already agreed - I play FF and you play Pokemon. Now go buy it asap! And the DS is worth it.

Last edited:

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • I run from all unnecessary battles basically. Squall's at 19 btw. While Quitis is at only 12, rofl. See my levels suck maybe that's why Blue Magic is comparably strong when I use it lulz. E.g. Micro Missles take out 1/2 of enemy's life every time. That rules.

FFIX is working, but the graphics aren't very appealing. So I'm not keen to continue it.

We already agreed - I play FF and you play Pokemon. Now go buy it asap! And the DS is worth it.

WTF how do you get through all the bosses? XD man they make games too easy these days...i enjoy random battles and believe it or not, have never run away from one, and sometimes spend hours looking for them so i can level up my characters and become uber strong

lolol it's psx what do you expect? FFIX had the best graphics out of the lot though. Are you telling me you think FFVIII looks better than FFIX? btw if you are using epsxe you can change the graphics to make it more slicker

it's not as easy for me to get pokemon than it is for you to get FF D< but i'll do it...one of these days!

22sa

Years
  • WTF how do you get through all the bosses? XD man they make games too easy these days...i enjoy random battles and believe it or not, have never run away from one, and sometimes spend hours looking for them so i can level up my characters and become uber strong

lolol it's psx what do you expect? FFIX had the best graphics out of the lot though. Are you telling me you think FFVIII looks better than FFIX? btw if you are using epsxe you can change the graphics to make it more slicker

it's not as easy for me to get pokemon than it is for you to get FF D< but i'll do it...one of these days!
    Sorry, what I meant was the artwork ain't sexy. I mean come on, everybody's a dwarf?

Cast protect, cure all the time, hide behind my many summons, etc.

I don't intend to buy a console until I have permanent work... I may move out of this house at any time, and a console's too big.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Sorry, what I meant was the artwork ain't sexy. I mean come on, everybody's a dwarf?

Cast protect, cure all the time, hide behind my many summons, etc.

I don't intend to buy a console until I have permanent work... I may move out of this house at any time, and a console's too big.

LOLOLOL!!!

that's true! but the characters are so loveable once you get to know them, i promise! Zidane's character design in enthralling for me. i love the monkey tail. <3 monkey tail > legs. you get to see a nice view of the princess's behind if you care enough to keep playing :P

i never use protect except for boss battles, same with summons - they take so much longer when you can deal 9999 damage with a physical attack

dude, get a console, get FFXIII, and then move out, in that order =D

22sa

Years
  • LOLOLOL!!!

that's true! but the characters are so loveable once you get to know them, i promise! Zidane's character design in enthralling for me. i love the monkey tail. <3 monkey tail > legs. you get to see a nice view of the princess's behind if you care enough to keep playing :P

i never use protect except for boss battles, same with summons - they take so much longer when you can deal 9999 damage with a physical attack

dude, get a console, get FFXIII, and then move out, in that order =D
    Well at level 15 I can't deal more then 100 with physical attacks rofl. I rely on summons. Diablos <3

I don't like the princess's proportions. :< It's just discomforting.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Well at level 15 I can't deal more then 100 with physical attacks rofl. I rely on summons. Diablos <3

I don't like the princess's proportions. :< It's just discomforting.

ah you are one of those gamers that like to rush through the game, no levelling up, no side quests etc etc that's no fun for me

i liked the brothers summoning sequence the most~

FFIX is probably the most fantasized final fantasy of them all, i welcomed the change in artwork : )

22sa

Years
  • ah you are one of those gamers that like to rush through the game, no levelling up, no side quests etc etc that's no fun for me

i liked the brothers summoning sequence the most~

FFIX is probably the most fantasized final fantasy of them all, i welcomed the change in artwork : )
    Well, I do like doing speed runs. But that's besides not what I'm doing right now - I'm taking my time with side quests and stuff. I don't sit in one place and train though.... there's bigger problems then my levels.

FC for the philosophical philosopher of random things to philosophise about: 22sa

At level 17 Selphie's brothers learned HP +80%, and her HP soared to 7000. : O

The minute she said pretty, she knows what's in my heart. <3 Give me cheerful girl Selphie for my bday?

I'll go with Siren summon as my favorite so far. :P When I fought Odin I thought he'd be a summon too but instead he just appears randomly. But because of Odin I'm leveling up faster but he finishes off all opponents instantly before I run from battle lol.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • fair enough, levels are last on my list for training too, i put usually put AP first, and magic - when i come across an enemy that has a certain type of magic i haven't stocked yet, i don't leave the battle until every character's drawn 100 of them...eh do you think that's normal or obsessive? it's really handy in the long run, only downside is the game gets a lot easier when you're that strong

lol i can see the similarities between selphie and rikku, it's no wonder you like her

i'm surprised you even bothered to get Odin to be honest, was a pain for me as i hated missions with time limits, he kind of ruined battles for me too XD killing off enemies i wanted to investigate...

you should see Odin in FFXIII!!!!!!!!!!! O=

22sa

Years
  • I wasn't going for Odin, I was going for Tonberry, but Odin was in the way.

And how did you get Eden? I can't seem to go deeper into the Deep Sea Research Centre after getting Bahaumet. -.-

And that's the only way to stock up magic... refining takes too long. Takes too long to collect all the items that is. So you're right to stay till 100. I love demi, lol.

Now I visit Island Closest to Heaven, Odin comes in and immediately makes all my characters +4 levels, lulz. My Squall's just over level 30 now. I intended to get Eden before getting Rinoa back from Esthar, but yah.. will have to settle for every summon but.

Pic?

lol:

Gotta say, it was pure joy when I watched Sifer cut Odin in half. :P I didn't understand what happened when Odin's sword came back though.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    What game is that? Final Fantasy XIII? The only Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy III, but it was VI in Japan.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • What were you going after Tonberry for?

What disc was Eden and the Deep Sea Research Centre on again?

Yeah, stocking up magic takes long too, but if i'm going to play a game, might as well try to play it right, right?

The whole Siefer thing caught me by surprise, too. XD I don't remember Odin's sword coming back?

Check out the most epic Odin summon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dCJn-g32w&feature=related >=D

What game is that? Final Fantasy XIII? The only Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy III, but it was VI in Japan.

III ??? lol try IIIIIIIIIIIII!

The Odin clip is FFXIII whilst the pics 22sa's been posting are FFVIII.

Yeah, you don't play final fantasy much do you? :P

Huge difference between 3 and 13. =)

22sa

Years
  • It's VIII, Lucy. How was VI? I've been meaning to check out what many conidered to be the best FF, which was VI.

What were you going after Tonberry for?

What disc was Eden and the Deep Sea Research Centre on again?

Yeah, stocking up magic takes long too, but if i'm going to play a game, might as well try to play it right, right?

The whole Siefer thing caught me by surprise, too. XD I don't remember Odin's sword coming back?

Check out the most epic Odin summon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dCJn-g32w&feature=related >=D

III ??? lol try IIIIIIIIIIIII!

The Odin clip is FFXIII whilst the pics 22sa's been posting are FFVIII.

Yeah, you don't play final fantasy much do you? :P

Huge difference between 3 and 13. =)
    Lucy said Final Fantasy VI not III, dude. But yeah, VI was the last 2D Final Fantasy game, so there is kind of a big difference.

^ Because I was going for every summon. It's one of the side quests I set for myself. I ended up drawing Eden from Ultimecia's castle, but lol, I've never used it. All it took was Darkside to take down Ultimecia.

That Seifer cutting down Odin surprised me too... I was so sure Odin was going to slice him in half like he did every other time. It was really good. I mean, Seifer took down a god, just like that. : D His sword flew into the sky and then at the end the sky came back down with another dude weilding it... :\ But this new guy doesn't OHKO like the old Odin... he just deals like 1000 damage... not very exciting. =/ But I suppose not finish the opponents has its good points. He even came in during my battle vs. Ultimecia, not something the previous Odin could do.

Oh I saw that vid earlier... XIII's battle system is very interesting. I really want to play, too bad. Are you able to take screenshots of your XIII on Xbox 360?

I decided not to do a speed run in this game because it'd be too easy... at least for now. On to Final Fantasy 5, the so-called worst Final Fantasy, second only to FF9. XP

To conclude my FF8 experience:

Well, there are better shots of her but I got lazy. Lastly, legs:

I wish I could say on to Final Fantasy XIII instead but too bad, that'd cost me a $400 I don't have. XD

Last edited:

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • OK. Lucy said VI, I'll give her that much.

Most of that whole post you just made is a mystery to me as I've only gotten as far as the beginning of disc 4. Is it spelt disc or disk btw? Oo I haven't fought Ultimecia. What happened to Quitsis? Don't tell me Ultimecia does that annoying whirlwind type move that blows characters off the screen? Is there any way to get them back after that? I often wondered.

FFXIII has a FFX-2 feel to the battle system, except you only have full control over one character, and you command the others to do things like defend/heal/counter etc etc I didn't like it at first but it gets fun once you're used to it. I probably could take screenshots, even record video of FFXIII, but that would be way too much trouble to set up. Sorry. :P

I'm not going to bother with FFVI and below. :x Does that make me an unloyal fan? I still don't get all the hate with FFIX. XD It was my fav psx Final Fantasy~ Zidane is a lot more entertaining than Squall, though I tend to agree with Squall a lot because me and him are very similar!!! Except I would never end up with a gurl like he probably does.

$400?????! O=

What? if my calculations are correct, I got it at the equivalent of $95.89, not the limited edition though.

EDIT: oh, i just realised you would have to buy a 360/PS3 too lol. How much are they over there?

22sa

Years
  • Good question... it's spelt disc.

No, if you don't revive your character immediately that character can get "absorbed into time" and disappear. I only needed to protect Squall so I didn't rush to save the rest, and they ended up disappearing.

You can? Why not do it then? There must be some nice leg panel you need to show me.

$342 for PS3, $100 (I don't know) for the game, so $440.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Good question... it's spelt disc.

No, if you don't revive your character immediately that character can get "absorbed into time" and disappear. I only needed to protect Squall so I didn't rush to save the rest, and they ended up disappearing.

You can? Why not do it then? There must be some nice leg panel you need to show me.

$342 for PS3, $100 (I don't know) for the game, so $440.

I didn't know Thornberry was a GF. You get him in disc 4?

How do you revive them though? What do you use? It doesn't let you target them once they've disappeared unless I'm mistaken.

There's definitely a leg panel I could show you but it's just too much trouble for someone as lazy as me. Maybe when i'm feeling a little more proactive.

Prices are crazy but it's def worth it for me.

Howz the weekend coming then?

22sa

Years
  • Hi Chi, I've been bored. o_o; I wish I could fastforward my DS </3

Tonberry is gotten after you defeat the Tonberry King, whom appears after you defeat like 25 Tonberries in a row. It's disc 3.

I'm saying you revive before a little angel comes and makes your dead character disappear.

Yes, eventually I'll play it. : ) If you don't buy DS, why not go try the no$gmb emulator for the game? Maybe it has online capabilities.

My DS snapped lol... One of the joints is broken, and the screen is all wobbly & loose. I might get a second DS eventually.

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Oh yeah. I forgot to visit this awesome fan club! =3

Hiyaa 22sa-chan. x3

Back