• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    Before I had internet, I had to rely on the Pokedex to tell me where Feebas was. I was only 8 though, so I wasn't that smart. All I did was go to the route where the Pokedex said it was, and fish there for hours, hoping it would appear. I found out about how to find it when my game was stolen.

Another time I found one in diamond, but I didn't know how rare it was so I didn't catch it. It was also in a weird place, the route before sunyshore city.. so i think my game was glitching or something since I am pretty sure you can't find them there...
    I think you were just battling a Fisherman, because I'm pretty sure one of them has a Feebas.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Here are my Feebas tales:

1. The first time I found a Feebas was at my brother's Sapphire. It was random fishing, and I didn't knew we had to find tiles. But... I just found one :/
    2. I already got the internet, found out about Feebas tiles, and tried to find one at Pearl. After some time searching (it was like, only the first 3 tiles), I got bored searching. So what did I do?

...I mashed the arrow buttons randomly. The tile I ended up facing after the random button smash was a Feebas tile. I swear.

3. I decided to find a Feebas at Platinum... guess what I found at the very first tile of Mt. Coronet?

I swear, Feebas love me :/

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
    Well, I'm replaying my old Sapphire, but still not yet at Route 119, I am planning on capturing one.

But, I did try capturing and finding Feebas a while back in Emerald, and for me.... HORROR!!!!!

It is like... Finding a needle in 6 haystacks scattered in Mt. Silver full of strong Pokemon... for me... I just hope the R/S/E remakes would be atleast an easy find for Feebas....

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    I once spent the entire day looking for a Feebas in Emerald — no luck.
    I once spent the entire day looking for a Feebas in Platinum — no luck.

You win, Feebas. They are arguably the hardest Pokémon to catch. God forbid anybody tries to find a shiny Feebas legitimately. That'd be suicide!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I got lucky with my first finding. Went up to a patch of water, from land, started fishing, Viola Feebas. XD

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I only ever found two feebas and evolved them quite quickly, then cloned them a lot in emerald.

Thank goodness for prism scales.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Huh? Feebas? In 3rd gen?

No, I'm just kidding. But it was true that I had no idea how to catch it when I first played Sapphire (and so on, untill I first saw this thread LOL).

But still, I don't really care, because IMO 3rd gen Milotic looks horrendous. (Srry Milotic fans......4th gen and above was OK)

Years
    I've never caught one myself, but when I was about six, my friend (who was a year younger than me) managed to catch two and he traded me one. Good Guy Five-Year-Old. :D

SlitWeaver

Pokémon Champion
    Years
    Dry Battery

I want to evolve it, but I don't think I can max out its beauty...after all, dry internal battery. Meaning that berries won't grow. So...I only have a certain amount of whatever makes a beauty PokeBlock and I always have to blend with the old man.

You should look up some local game stores and ask if they replace GBA game batteries :) granted, you'll have to start all over, but it'll be like paying a couple dollars for a" brand new" Pokémon game! :D

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    I neither have luck nor patience for catching one, sadly. The only time I had a Feebas of my own was on my Platinum game when I traded for a Milotic over the GTS and bred it with a Ditto.

Years
    Yeh, that little critter was a bit difficult to find. I found one after a couple of minutes of surfing in the same spot, but ended up killing it by accident and then not finding one for ages.

I raged hard but got there in the end.​

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I tried catching it once but I was like "who cares?" because I already have two water types on my team already.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I remember really wanting one because I once almost got swept by that trainer who uses a Milotic in Route 120. I also remember having a little bit of trouble finding one, but I was ultimately able to catch one. Funny thing is, I don't remember ever putting it into my team. I don't even think I bothered to evolve it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've never caught one in those games. It's kinda disappointing too because I seriously just wanted it for like, ever, because it was so rare. XD BUT OH WELL.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Feebas, that infamous ****, I remember the pain of moving through each square in that special route where you were supposed to find it. Nonetheless, I caught the dastardly critters once I checked the whole route. Traded it to all my friends with great pride. Milotic was worth it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The time I replayed Sapphire with my friend, I got Feebas on like, the 4th square I tried lol.. Was REALLY lucky and we were both very happy that we didn't have to do the whole route lol.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    my cousin took 2 months searching for feebas (not that he puts a lot of time into playing the game, though) and another few weeks in evolving and raising it (see 1st parenthesis). he doesn't really use it much other than for bragging rights and the fact that he can shove it into the faces of the people who have yet to catch it (aka, me).

there was this one time, though, when a feebas my cousin caught refused to eat anymore pokeblocks and since, if not for milotic, feebas is a pretty useless pokemon, he had to release it along with all the efforts he put into catching the thing. too bad for him. he has three milotic now, though. all of them were caught and specially raised by him. but he only uses them for contest stuff, not the battle tower where it could obviously reap much better rewards.

Years
    I could never get a Feebas no matter how hard I tried. In both Gen III and IV...

It wasn't until Gen V that I finally caught one. She's a Milotic now.

Back