• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Feebas.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Remember the time you try to catch Feebas and fail miserably and try to search for them and found it was near impossible?

What would you think would happen this time around? Would the same mechanic still apply for catching Feebas or another different yet easier or harder mechanic would ensue?

Discuss!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I really liked the old mechanic as it made it hard for people who didn't look for a calculator or whatever on the web. Then again, it really is open to improvement. FEEBAS TILES is, like, so five minutes ago. :P

Years
    Catching a Feebas/Milotic in Black/Black2 was so easy... there is no way I am going to spend hours trying to catch a Pokemon that rare lol Just hope Pokemon Bank is compatible with ΩRΑS

blue

gucci
    Years
    I actually hope they stick to the mechanic they used in the originals, it was a challenge but it made it more fun and rewarding when you actually found one. I'd rather that than simply surfing onto Route 120 and finding one within a few encounters. As for the evolution do you think the Prism Scale will be included? Back then the only method to evolve Feebas into Milotic was via Beauty, however since Gen V the Prism Scale has been introduced.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I don't think tiles is the way to go with Feebas this time around especially since we aren't stuck to a grid anymore. I'd like it to be difficult to catch it again but I'm not sure exactly what the best method would be.

I'm actually more interested in how we will get Milotic now and whether we will have to max it's beauty again or if it'll keep it's new trade to evolve method

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
    I remember when I was filling my Pokédex, I looked back and thought, 'Hm, it's about time I caught a Feebas'. Oh how naïve I was. It took me hours, and I was not pleased. A new method would be greatly appreciated, though I don't particularly mind if it is any easier or harder.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The fact that in 3rd Gen, the only way we had to evolve Feebas into Milotic was to max out its beauty. With the Prism Scale in the recent generations, it's now easy to evolve one. Not sure for these games, the old method of evolving would be brought back, but I'm sure Prism Scale would be the best (and easy one).

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I don't think they'll be sadistic enough to keep this mechanic. I guess the fact that they abandoned it in Gen 5 speaks for itself.

Even if they do keep the original system, I guess the best thing here is that it will be optional this time around: if you want to spend hours, possibly days, on searching the six tiles, then go ahead. If you don't, trade the Feebas from somewhere else. Personally, I already did this in Emerald, and I don't ever want to do this again.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'll just tick off some Voltorbs and throw them in the water and make them explode. I'm not dealing with all that Feebas bs again. Dx
    As much as I LOVED how rare and valuable Milotic used to be, the easy availability it has in the newer games now kind of ruined that. I still love Feebas, but I'd hate to spend days trying to find just one that isn't even a beneficial nature, crappy stats, and then try to evolve it using every Dry berry I own.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I feel like they should keep the tile mechanic, but make something new that makes these tile-caught Feebas feel special

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Back when I first played Ruby I had no idea this was rare and found a Feebas pretty easily. I was shocked when I found out just how hard it was meant to be.

I hope they keep it the same, most games change way to many things, so would love to see this stay the same, plus I want to try and get a shiny one the hard way :P

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
    Years
    Probably they'd make it more common this time. If they don't, we can simply trade for one or Bank it over. I do remember that I was bored one afternoon and decided to look for Feebas in my Emerald. I was able to find a tile.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'll be honest, I want something challenging to find Feebas in ORAS. I know most people prefer an easier way, but we can trade on an international way if you want it easy. :/

Mainly the reason why I want it to be challenging again is because I managed to catch a Feebas back at Sapphire as well as at Pearl. Now that they're both gone (D': ), I want to get a new one that isn't from breeding or the easier chance given at Gen V. ._.

I think of high importance is if Feebas will still be able to evolve using the original method used in Gens III and IV.

If I recall, someone at Bulbagarden tried it out by transferring a max-beauty Feebas to XY. A Feebas with a high beauty will still evolve.

Although, you're welcome to nab a Feebas at gen 3/4 and max its beauty using the Poffins at Platinum, and then try it out yourself. I'm not even sure about that knowledge of mine. P:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'll be honest, I want something challenging to find Feebas in ORAS. I know most people prefer an easier way, but we can trade on an international way if you want it easy. :/

Mainly the reason why I want it to be challenging again is because I managed to catch a Feebas back at Sapphire as well as at Pearl. Now that they're both gone (D': ), I want to get a new one that isn't from breeding or the easier chance given at Gen V. ._.

If I recall, someone at Bulbagarden tried it out by transferring a max-beauty Feebas to XY. A Feebas with a high beauty will still evolve.

Although, you're welcome to nab a Feebas at gen 3/4 and max its beauty using the Poffins at Platinum, and then try it out yourself. I'm not even sure about that knowledge of mine. P:

If that's true then...that means that XY probably has had contest stats in it's coding, or there'll be no way that'll be possible. Somehow this was overlooked...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    With how easy it is to obtain a Feebas these days, especially with GTS and whatnot, they may as well make it super freaking difficult because hey, if you don't wanna spend the time searching manually, just hop online.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I think that at the very least if you find a Feebas tile there should be a 100% encounter rate when you fish in it. It's not challenging to fish in every tile on the map around four times just to find one Pokemon. It's merely timing consuming.

Honestly, I would prefer there be some strategy to finding the Feebas. Like maybe the trendy phrase could be some sort of code that can be used to help you find the general area that Feebas is in. It's still challenging because you aren't told exactly where to go but at the same time you don't have to waste time going over every tile.

Do I think Feebas should be a little challenging to get? Yes. Do I think it should be as tedious as the originals? Absolutely not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haha, Feebas. x) I remember spending weeks trying to find this little Pokémon back in Emerald, but couldn't find any. I was so upset at one point, that I threw my GameBoy across the room.Batteries fell off and was a bit scared that it would stop working, but thankfully, though, nothing happened and kept running as it always did. Would be nice if they make Feebas a little less rare this time around, but I don't know... maybe they'd be better off keeping it, since that's what makes this Pokémon so high in value.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    A 100% encounter rate is to be certain, and maybe easier fishing mechanics to ease the amount of hooks we'll need to make. Feebas was so hard to get it was branded impossible by the casual gamer. Besides, someone who's playing the game for fun doesn't appreciate such hardcore fishing.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would also like the feebas mechanic back, but instead of only six tiles maybe add a couple of tiles more.

Back